Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    hey kirsty - do ask away on here as we've all been through it! but yes you need a BBT thermometer and needs to be done as soon as you wake, no getting up or anything. you'll quickly get the hang of it though :)

OPKs depend on your own cycle - you tend to ovulate 2 weeks ish before your period, so if you have 28 days between periods you'll OV around day 14 and suggestion is to test from about day 10. However, like me, you could have long cycles - mine were around 40 days - so I would OV around day 26, meaning I generally started testing around days 18-20 (cycles changed every month!)

Hope this helps as a start :)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2017 at 9:34AM
    Options
    Kirtsypoos, you need a thermometer with 2 digits after the decimal point. Any one with that will work fine. You don't need anything special.

You should try to take it at around the same time ideally each day and as cats said, even before you get out of bed or start moving around. You can take vaginally or orally and stick to whichever you prefer. I take orally, I'm all for an easy life, lol.

There are many free sites and apps you can use to pop all your data into, a few on here use ovia, I just started using that and I've used fertility friend for my previous 2 ttc journeys. Ovia gives you really easy to read comments and tips so maybe try that out.

You should also temp during AF so start as soon as soon as you get your hands on the right thermometer :D

Opk's will tell you when you are about to OV, temping will show that you have ovulated so using both is a good combo.
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks both, really helpful. I'll be BBT thermometer shopping this weekend then!

I'm using the glow app at the moment - was using that and period tracker to keep an eye on AF and symptoms to let the docs know how my cycles were going so I think I'll stick with those at the moment. I did download ovia but I wanted to keep using glow and I think 2 will overwhelm me for now so may revisit that in a few months!

cats, I'm really unsure about my cycles as they used to be exactly 28 days, I had a 25 day then 2x 28 days when I had the coil out but this one has been 31 days so I guess the next few months should give me a better idea, especially now the pill has been chucked in the bin!

My next PCOS scan is in March so I should have more info for the Doctor based on OPKs and temping too and that can't be a bad thing :) I'm excited to start temping and feel like I can actually take control of my fertility.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • ButterflyBabe
    Options
    Can I please be updated to CD1 twig?

This is it bring on 2017, I am feeling really positive about getting my BFP this year, wonder how long this positive mindset will last ha ha :rotfl:

Hope everyone is ok xx
  • twigpig
    edited 6 January 2017 at 11:21PM
    Options
    Sorry butterfly babe but yay on the positivity. Bring on the BFP! :D

Kirtsypoos, what do you like about glow? I've come across that in a ttc blog.
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    edited 10 January 2017 at 12:16PM
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD41 twigpig - 5 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? LinaT
    CD?? Orange_Candle - awaiting ov
    CD11 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD20 Claire_A87 - awaiting ov
    CD20 athensgeorgia - awaiting ov
    CD41 sulphate - awaiting
    CD59 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD79 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD104 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 ButterflyBabe
    CD2 kirtsypoos
    CD4 dragoneye454

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • DSM348
    DSM348 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I feel compelled to stop lurking after spending a few days catching up on this thread and reading about your journey's so far. Can I please join in?

Currently awaiting ovulation on cycle day 46

Took my last pill on 10/05/16 and have so far had 52,56 & 81 day cycles which is becoming very frustrating. Initially we we NTNP but my irregular cycles are just proving how much I do actually want that BFP. Hopefully 2017 will be the year for us all!
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hey DSM348 welcome and hope your stay is short! I'm just delurking to say I had annoying irregular cycles too so if you want to chat at any time feel free to DM me :-) mine was a thyroid problem which eventually got.diagnosed after about 8 months, but didn't solve the problem completely. I had acupuncture and some.other natural stuff which seemed to help too, but even when we conceived cycle was still 40 something days!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • DSM348
    DSM348 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Cats,

Thanks for the welcome and for popping back to share your experience. It encouraging and reassuring to see your good news in your sig! Congratulations and I hope you are keeping well?!

I finally think I've finally sussed out my ovulation symptoms so should be able to at least give myself a chance next time. Just so frustrating waiting.....

D
  • twigpig
    Options
    Hey dsm348 :wave: welcome. You're in good company here. My cycles are very irregular too. I've had 28 day cycles and 80 day cycles. It's crazy. I'll pop you on the list. Hope you stay is short :)
    TTC #3..........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure