Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• athensgeorgia
    Options
    I sought out some of the previous posters recently who got their BFP at the same time as me to see what they had.

I did this too. Even though it hurt because I was thinking it should have been me I was genuinely happy for them.

In other news I had a complete meltdown in work yesterday. I had words with someone over something and nothing, a complete misunderstanding but I started off a bit tearful and then calmed down.

20 minutes later I was crying uncontrollably and couldn't stop. Whenever I thought I was composing myself I'd start crying again. I don't think it helped that the person I had words with told me I was overreacting, which if I was crying about our disagreement I would probably think I was overreacting but I was crying about something else and didn't know what and couldn't control it. I've been seeing my GP about the whole MC, TTC and health issues and she keeps offering me antidepressants that I've refused so far. I didn't want to fall in the cycle of feeling better with medication and then becoming reliant on it.

When I spoke to DH he told me to ignore heartless colleague and try to remember I'd had a tough year that I hadn't fully dealt with. After the MC in December I was ill from February and didn't fully recover until April and then I lost my job. I was going to take a break (which we couldn't really afford) but managed to acquire this job and was only out of work for not even a full 2 weeks. I think maybe things just came to a head yesterday and the full magnitude is hitting me.

I think I'm going to accept the antidepressants though. I also feel proud of myself that I haven't moved in to TTC crazytown this cycle and still feel very relaxed in my it'll happen when it happens mindsight. Silver linings and all that.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Twigpig, sorry but can you remove me from the list? I prefer not to be on them if that's okay.

AthensGeorgia, you've had a hell of a year so it's not surprising that you are struggling and it can be the smallest thing that sets off a meltdown and like you found, something that is not even significant or related to TTC or your other problems. Although there is a deep rooted problem that is always there and it won't take much when you are sad, angry or hurt to make all those feelings come to the surface.

I'm still seeing my counsellor which is helping. I've also been offered anti-depressants but I've said no so far, (a) because I'm worried about them interfering with TTC but mainly (b) I am only down for the time of AF arrival and then I pick back up. But you need to do what is right for you. Glad you're a bit more relaxed. 2017 is our year for sure!
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Sure rachylou, assumed to add seeing as you had posted your dates, no problem at all :)
    TTC #3..........
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rachylou glad you are back and in a better frame of mind, and well done on slimming world!

Sorry to hear so many people have been going through a tough time lately, I always feel so sad reading about people's MC, I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I hope you get your success stories soon.

Twigpig please could you move me to the two week wait? I'm going to say I ovulated yesterday but I don't know if you count today as one day past or yesterday if you know what I mean. Really hoping this is the one this time (without getting my hopes up too much...). I feel like it could be so fingers crossed! Just the waiting game now...
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sorry to everyone who has had bad news. This journey is so difficult xx

For those of you who were talking on the previous page about charting/temping etc - I bought a cheapo thermometer and cheapo ovulation sticks when were ttc #1 3 years ago, they did the trick!
  • twigpig
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD19 Chelle22 - 2 dpo
    CD28 Claire_A87 - ? dpo
    CD28 athensgeorgia - 5 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? LinaT
    CD?? Orange_Candle - awaiting ov
    CD7 Zeni - awaiting ov
    CD9 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD10 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD12 dragoneye454 - awaiting ov
    CD19 sulphate - awaiting ov
    CD53 DSM348 - awaiting ov
    CD67 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD87 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD112 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 twigpig

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • twigpig
    Options
    Fingers crossed chelle, now you get to crazily spot every symptom under the sun :rotfl: hope it's a sticky!
    TTC #3..........
  • Chelle22
    Options
    twigpig wrote: »
    Fingers crossed chelle, now you get to crazily spot every symptom under the sun :rotfl: hope it's a sticky!

Thanks twigpig, I've already been reading up on early symptoms! Two weeks feels like ages away :rotfl:
  • Orange_Candle
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words - sorry I haven't been able to reply to them all but they have been really appreciated.

Finally had a negative pg test (feels wrong to be looking for a negative!) so started using the OPKs again. Worried that I am putting too much pressure on getting pg straight away having seen other people have success straight away but I just want to be pg again! Got baby bombed at work the other day and I found that really hard, wasn't expecting to feel so overwhelmed by that!

Fingers crossed for OVing soon...anyone know how long it took them after a mc to ov?

Baby dust to all x
  • Chelle22
    Options
    Welcome back orange_candle, although sorry about the circumstances under which you are back...

Fingers crossed for you for a BFP very soon x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure