Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

The New Fat Scotland 'Thanks for all the Fish' Thread.

Options

Comments

• Shakethedisease
    Options
    Hintza wrote: »
    Well I saw a sight yesterday I didn't expect to see a new Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party office in Ardrossan!
    Was it next to the Orange Lodge ? ;)

( am in Irvine, originally Garnock Valley ).
    It all seems so stupid it makes me want to give up.
    But why should I give up, when it all seems so stupid ?
  • Shakethedisease
    Options
    :)

Remember that time I said the SNP were on the downward trajectory?

Cheerio!

Goodness me, we're three years out from a General Election, so who knows. But if there are seats to be lost, they'll be in those Tory/SNP/Lib Dem areas not the West of Scotland. Also Davidson and Mundell are probably in for a pretty rough ride over the next few years. For Scottish Labour and Lib Dems their time is coming this Tuesday. *They both supported this so it'll be make your mind up time.
    NICOLA Sturgeon will unveil her long-awaited plan to keep Scotland in the European single market after Brexit next week. The First Minister has pledged to explore all options to keep Scotland in the EU after Scots overwhelmingly rejected Brexit but face being dragged out by Eurosceptics elsewhere in the UK.

The First Minister’s spokesman said: “The paper will be published on Tuesday. You can expect a fair amount of activity around it.”
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14970307.Nicola_Sturgeon_to_unveil_long_awaited_plan_to_keep_Scotland_in_Single_Market_after_Brexit/

*This above is about exhausting all options for Scotland except independence as far as Brexit is concerned. And is primarily aimed at Holyrood MSP's and Scottish voters. Is Dugdale and Rennie that will be crossing their fingers hoping May goes for it. Sturgeon won't mind being 'slapped down' on this one. :cool:
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    Was it next to the Orange Lodge ? ;)

It's good to hear the old sectarian organisations are still around in the 21st century, is green still a banned colour in Larkhall?

I was in a factory in Cumbernauld the day after the indy referendum (keeping my head down in the break room mainly) the general opinion in there was it was the 'proddies' that killed it. Sad to think it was thought of in that way in this day and age.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moto2 wrote: »
    It's good to hear the old sectarian organisations are still around in the 21st century, is green still a banned colour in Larkhall?

I was in a factory in Cumbernauld the day after the indy referendum (keeping my head down in the break room mainly) the general opinion in there was it was the 'proddies' that killed it. Sad to think it was thought of in that way in this day and age.

There is now an Asda in Larkhall and Green whilst not loved was never banned in Larkhall ... they just had to protect the green lights at the main cross not the others

And obviously didn't like subway or the chemist with green facade on the front
  • Shakethedisease
    Options
    Moto2 wrote: »
    Is something that is dying off slowly but surely. Orange walks soon will be convoys of mobility scooters instead. But given that Ardrossan isn't the most high end town in Ayrshire, and until 2015 had voted solidly Labour for decades. Is difficult to imagine where else any sudden surge of Conservative voters are coming from in somewhere like the Three Towns, because it isn't the young folks.
    I doubt the union flag wearing cohort in George Square causing riots that same night did themselves any favours with that. However, it's something that's nowhere near the scale it was even just 20 years ago and more closely associated with Football rather than religion now too.
  • Shaka_Zulu
    Shaka_Zulu Posts: 1,689 Forumite
    Options
    SNP Misinformation to confuse the easily fooled!

Luckily there are those who spot such errors and omissions such as forgetting to include relevant years in a table and then forecasting forwards using an erroneous starting point because that suits the SNP narrative instead.

http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/spinning-scottish-budget.html?m=1%E2%80%AC
  • Shakethedisease
    Options
    Shaka_Zulu wrote: »
    SNP Misinformation to confuse the easily fooled!

Luckily there are those who spot such errors and omissions such as forgetting to include relevant years in a table and then forecasting forwards using an erroneous starting point because that suits the SNP narrative instead.

http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/spinning-scottish-budget.html?m=1%E2%80%AC

Golly, it's taken Hague his sweet time to dig anything up on the Scottish Budget. I saw him tweeting the link to this a few hours ago with a follower ruefully pointing out that he's had to spend ages digging round.
    @kevverage If it took you ages to sift through the data then it's not likely to be found by many others

A classic case of starting with a conclusion and working backwards in order to find something/anything to justify it. But he's at least trying I suppose. Andrew Neil is just plain old losing the plot still banging on about an interview two days ago. Guess he's not used to SNP MSP's giving as good as they get on Twitter and elsewhere.

Good. Is about time the SNP started being a little less deferential to a media that cannot hide their own distain for the party or anyone connected with it.
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    So you've had a go at the source (as usual)

What's your thoughts on why the years were missed off the table?
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Shaka_Zulu
    Options
    Good. Is about time the SNP started being a little less deferential to a media that cannot hide their own disdain for the party or anyone connected with it.

I think replies this just serve to make the point that the SNP are a cult. With no fiscal (or any other) maturity if your best reply is to heck with the budget it is now time to ignore the media and anyone else that doesn't see it our way.

The SNPs moment of power will be but a blip in time, make the most of it.
  • Shaka_Zulu
    edited 19 December 2016 at 5:23PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business