We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sorry you're both feeling so teary, and sorry if my posts upset you georgiegirl
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tea - can you use music to drown out the noise from next door or would that be too distracting?

Although I can't stand silence I find other people's noise incredibly frustrating. If it wasn't for that fact that I couldn't stand living that far from civilisation, I'd love to live somewhere where my nearest neighbours were about a mile away.

At least you're at home so you can have a cat cuddle and cry if it'll make you feel better.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Well done Code! I always feel teary after potential big decisions appear in my life even if they might result in good things. It's still scary! Have a hug.

Hugs for you too, Georgie. So sorry you have been feeling low.

Good luck today Faerie, I will be thinking of you. You can do this my friend.

Millions of texts from Lego Man sounds wonderful, Calley!

Hope you feel better soon, Izadora!

Of course I remember you, Gemini! How lovely to hear from you!

Hope you feel better soon, tea. Chocolate biccies?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have a psyduck yet Tea, although it would be a bit far to travel!
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have a psyduck yet Tea, although it would be a bit far to travel!

I may have "whooped" a little when I saw it :o:rotfl:. I should point out I work there a lot, I haven't quite got to the point where I'm doing 6hr round trips just to look for pokemon.... although I'm not ruling it out :rotfl:.

WaS - found some chocolate biscuits, feel better already :D
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I LOVE Psyduck! If I ever actually left the flat I would love Pokemon Go. I shall live it vicariously through all of you, someone find me a Meowth!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations code :D and hi Pyxis (spotted the etiquette repost)
    tea_lover wrote: »
    In better news - Temple Meads station is crawling with Drowzees, and there are some Psyducks by the banana bridge.... if anyone's interested :rotfl:.
    So I take it you're in my part of the world today then ;) . I'm off work today, but can't quite motivate myself to drive into the centre of the city to hunt pokemon :rotfl:.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    I LOVE Psyduck! If I ever actually left the flat I would love Pokemon Go. I shall live it vicariously through all of you, someone find me a Meowth!

You could play if you were OK spending some money WaS. You can buy insense that attracts Pokemon to you. If you live somewhere built up you might have a pokestop or gym close enough to your house anyway. Or send WaSp out for you! Or go hunting at night in the car?

Bearded one bought me a phone the other day so I can play a bit more discretely. I was using my tablet which is huge and so it was very obvious what I was up to!

We've both decided to play Ingress now too and I claimed my first portal today.

Also finally had my smear test, and there was a pokestop outside the doctors!
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    Right all you Pokemon people, how do you work this thing? I decided that I was 12 (tongue in cheek comment re my earlier comment on the game!) and downloaded the app again as it wasn't working properly on D's phone. Anyhow, that was the other day, and I forgot about it, then when I was in Tesco carpark, I opened it up, and there were these blue flying things (take it they're Pokemon?
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Georgie, on the map you'll see two main things - pokestops and pokegyms. The stops will be blue (little squares at a distance, circles when you're nearer). The towers with a figure on top are pokegyms.

Pokestops are where you collect things - pokeballs, eggs, potions, etc. Pokegyms are where you battle (if it's a different team) or train (your own team). You can't visit the gyms or join a team until you're level 5.

The stops and gyms are in fixed locations. The actual pokemon appear from time to time. They don't show on the map (although fluttering leaves shows an area they're likely to spawn) so you have to have a wander around and try to find them.

When you see a pokemon you throw a pokeball at it and try to catch it. Any new caught ones will appear in the pokedex (an index of all the different types).

Caught pokemon can be transferred to get candy. You get candy and stardust for each caught pokemon. You need candies to evolve pokemon, and candy and stardust to power up. Stardust is the same for all of them, but candy is specific to an evolutionary line (so weedle candy is used for weedle, kakuna and beedrill).

Eggs are put in incubators and you need to walk around to hatch them (they hatch into pokemon). The further you have to walk, the rarer the pokemon. There are 2km, 5km and 10km eggs.

At higher levels you'll find different things at pokestops like razzberries (used to catch hard to catch pokemon) and potions for healing them after a battle.

You can also get incense to attract them to you, and lures which do the same thing but are attached to a pokestop and others around you can benefit from them too.

To get items from a pokestop spin the circle then swipe the items that come out. The pokestop turns purple when you've visited it, and will go blue again when you can use it again (about 5 mins).

Got it?? :D And some people say it's just geocaching! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport