We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot all about CP and HP - or should that part wait a while? :D
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    You had me until this part "Caught pokemon can be transferred to get candy. You get candy and stardust for each caught pokemon. You need candies to evolve pokemon, and candy and stardust to power up. Stardust is the same for all of them, but candy is specific to an evolutionary line (so weedle candy is used for weedle, kakuna and beedrill)." and then I was like "huh?"

I thought it was as simple as you catch them and then fight them, I've never heard of candy and stardust before!! How do you throw your ball to catch them? Do some come already hatched and others not then? So many questions?! :p

What's CP and HP? Think my head is going to explode lol! :rotfl:
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I forgot all about CP and HP - or should that part wait a while? :D
    Feel free to explain that, I'll be listening too as I've reached level 8 with no idea :o
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    Options
    CP is combat power - how hard can it hit. HP is hit power - how hard can it be hit before fainting. You only need worry about CP really.

Most pokemon come in two stages - so spearow can be evolved into fearow, and drowzee can be evolved into hypno. Some of them have three stages (eg. pidgey, pidgeotto, pidgeot).

Candy is specific to each group. So pidgey candy is used for pidgey, pidgeotto and pidgeot, but can't be used for any others.

If you look at any pokemon it will tell you how many candy you need to evolve it, and how many candy and stardust you'll need to power it up.

Powering up increases the CP, which essentially makes it a better fighter.
  • tea_lover
    Options
    You get three candy when you catch a pokemon, and you can transfer duplicates to get another candy.

When transferring, get rid of the lowest CP ones, and keep the higher ones to evolve or power up later.

It's tempting to evolve and power up early on, but as you level up you start finding higher CP ones anyway.

This all making sense? :D
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    No! :rotfl: You're explaining it really well though, and I'm sure it'll become clear as I play. How do you know all this stuff! :D
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Natural born geek :D

The collecting part is the bit of gaming that always appeals most to me. I do love a collection!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Bearded one bought me a phone the other day so I can play a bit more discretely. I was using my tablet which is huge and so it was very obvious what I was up to!

We've both decided to play Ingress now too and I claimed my first portal today.

Also finally had my smear test, and there was a pokestop outside the doctors!

Believe me, it's still pretty obvious what you're up to especially if you're emerging blinking into the sunlight after months indoors (sorry geeks!)
    Well don't for being organised with the smear.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Natural born geek :D

The collecting part is the bit of gaming that always appeals most to me. I do love a collection!

Haha me too!

Just been out and managed to collect 5! I can see how it could become addictive. I got 2 pidgeys, a Paras, a Rattata and a Weedle....all of this means nothing to me lol! The Weedle is a little wormy looking thing, and I wanted to see what happened when I powered up, nothing much it seems! What is meant to happen? Edit, just reread your post above!
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Powering up increases CP and HP a little and moves the marker a little clockwise around the semi-circular line on the information page for that pokemon - if you comapre two of the same kind with different CP values you will see the marker is in a different place. I'm guessing that when it's at the three o'clock position the pokemon is as "powered up" as possible.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure