Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can transfer the extras of the ones you already have to the professor and get an extra candy for that type (scroll down to the bottom of the page with the stats for that particular pokemon for the transfer button).

I've been cutting back hedge today using my whizzy new two-stroke hedge trimmer (plus the saw for the branches that were too big) and am tired and hungry now :p. Have huge piles of cuttings but think I've not even done half of what I need to. It's so high, it must be three metres in places :eek:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Just a word of caution....

Spending all day Pok!mon-ing plays havoc with restless leg syndrome :(
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Gah.....feeling really down today but no idea why. Had a lovely day out yesterday, then a nice relaxing evening with a film. Then have woken up today feeling rubbish. Didn't make it to church and still haven't got dressed. Have had an invite for lunch and can't even be bothered to turn it down so am just ignoring it. Which makes me feel worse as I know I should at least think of an excuse.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning my Lovelies,

In reply to tea, I don't think I want to have another lodger.
    I went in to panic mode last night just before I dropped off to sleep about going back to work.

Well I spent yesterday sorting out paper work. Found insurance documents going back 2012:eek: and receipts for 2014/2015:eek: I shredded loads of stuff. Half filled my wheelie bin with shredded paper. I stopped around 9.30pm. I did have my laptop in the little bedroom with me and was watching netflix :rotfl:

Penguin ED/Diet/Money

After sorting out the receipts I am very embarrassed:o to see how many are for the local tesco express and binge food. How much money I have wasted that could have been saved to spend on other things. And general rubbish I buy when out and about. I don't need anything. Can get by on what I have food wise in the house. So I am going to go on a fiscal fast. Going to try for 5 days starting today. I have plenty of clothes/shoes/toiletries/cleaning products/loo rolls etc. Also going to try and use my bike and walk as much as possible for things now.

Penguin End

Not sure what to do about work. I need a income from somewhere. I have gained confidence in some areas of my life. But that one I still seem to be having a mega struggle with.

Off to see lego man this evening he is cooking tea. I will try and make something to take for dessert. He is back on nights for the next two weeks.

Right off to enter some competitions and sort out my e-mails. Catch you later.

Hugs, squishes and handshakes all round.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    Options
    I ignored the lunch invite, and the following three messages and calls. I am a bad person :(
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Please someone reassure me that it is purely coincidence that my son found a Pokemon rat in his rat's cage........I find it quite creepy....
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    penguin about hernia.. so sorry if I have upset everyone.

hi guys, I've slept round the clock last 2 nights, I'm so shattered from stress and the flat inspection and the 22 hours of cleaning I did for it. I'm worried about this latest hernia as it's doubled in size from all the cleaning. It's starting to stick out and I can't face it getting visibly bigger and the resulting embarrassment, and so scared that I'll have to go through what I went through last year, with them strangulating my bowel again.. It's like every corner of my mind is filled with worries. I'm so worn out from worrying about everything.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    thanks Lambyr :) penguin about hernia and flat

the flat inspection was mixed.. the housing agency lady was lovely.. really friendly, she was so shocked that my [previous landlord had refused to fix the pipes causing the sewage issue,that he left me no choice but to bag up my loo paper, and that he left me with no hot water for 10 months.. she said the new landlord is furious that this flat got left to deteriorate into serious disrepair.. she said he knew it was the fault of the tradesman who was a friend of the landlords who did bodge jobs and that he wants to get a good worker in to fix the pipes, put a bigger emersion heater in for the shower, fix the water pressure and the damp, but that he is trying to decide whether to sell it or get me out and charge the market rent for it once the repairs are done. She showed me empathy that this is my home and that I don't want to leave but that it's out of my hands.

The landlords PA though was so frosty she didn't say a word to me or the agency lady, and pulled her hand away when i tried to shake it, so tht's not a good sign.I'm glad the inspection is over with and I'm loving my clean flat, but still so worried about eviction add still not signed the break clause contract.. I've got an appnt with the cAB on wed to get some advice. I'm preying that the agency lady tells my landlord that I'm nice and that my flat is well looked after, but it's not looking likely I'll be able to stay.

Re the hernia, I managed to get an appnt with my surgeon in sept, but he said last time I saw him that he won't operate unless it strangulates because it's in a dangerous place.. the epicentre of my scar tissue and that operating on it will be very risky .. it's scary stuff, :(
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please someone reassure me that it is purely coincidence that my son found a Pokemon rat in his rat's cage........I find it quite creepy....
    I'm sure its just coincidence but people have been posting pictures saying their pets can "see" pokemon :eek: :rotfl:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pets-can-see-pokemon-go_uk_57987be6e4b0796a0b60db67
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Good start to week, no phones, email, Internet or server access at work. Not helpful when I have this much to do!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback