Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Oh totally, Georgie! I love those little fizzy things. Lately I have been craving sherbet fountains. Does anyone remember those? They were tubes of sherbet that had a stick of liquorice in the middle that you used to scoop it up.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    Oooo they are my favourite WaS! I wish they'd go back to making them in the cardboard tube though and not the plastic they do them in now though.

I now need something fizzy!!
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 June 2016 at 3:59PM
    Options
    They aren't in the cardboard tube anymore??? That's a travesty! They have to be cardboard! How are you supposed to squish the end to get the last bit of sherbet out if it's plastic?

I am giggling quietly that now posts have been deleted I look like I am talking to myself. Nothing unusual there then! :rotfl:

Let me know if anyone wants me to delete mine, I don't mind in the slighest. If not I will leave them there and chat to myself, thus looking more bonkers than usual. :D
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    seen my GP, explained i was unwell and that i wanted to try different medication to see f that helps, so im weaning off my current AD and starting a new one next week, the option of referall back to CMHT is there too, i said id try the new meds and make a descion on cmht next week.

now i just have to get through my medical. scared shitless as i have no choice but to go alone and am worried it will go against me. everything and i mean everything depends on this medical. if i dont get pip, i lose that, i lose my tax credits and i wont be able to survive on my wages alone. everything depends on this. :( ive already had a panic attack today and the feeling isnt going away. also stressing as i thought my dla went in today but i got my dates mixed up and its next week so im having to borrow money off swain to pay my rent :o

i know nobody can do anything but would much appreciate if people can send some postive thoughts, at least then i wont feel as alone :o
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Huge hugs and many, many positive thoughts, MU! I have been wondering how today was going for you. Well done with the doctors, I really hope the medication change helps. I was on the same antidepressant for 10 years and was told I had become tolerant to it, sometimes swapping to one your body isn't used to works really well.

You won't be alone, we will all be right there with you beaming warming light and positive thoughts at you. Hang in there, you aren't alone.

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 June 2016 at 7:50PM
    Options
    hi guys.. feeling a tiny bit better today, relieved my foot isn't broken but it's still pretty bad and has swollen to double the size of my other one., ad it is so painful. I've had a bad migraine too, must've been the stress of being in scary !!! hospital, I was so flashbacky, panicly and dissociative yesterday and the medics just don't understand, cand get annoyed. The dr shouted at me which didn't help, it just made me go into my child even more.

I'm devestated by the shootings, as a former bisexual,and as a human, I abhorre all forms of hatred.My heart goes out toi the victims and their loved ones. I like the hastags " Love is love, all over social media, though.
    Tory.. I respect your views.. I have a christian friend who is uncomfortable with gay stuff, she did back off when I was in a relationship with a woman in my 20's.. I guess for the LGBTQ community, emotions are running high this week. Messed.. good luck with the med change.. I'm trying a new drug this week.. I'm swap[ping my seroquell for aripiprosole, in the hope that it will be weight neutral, but slightly worried I'll miss the sedation of seroquell.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening Shipmates,

hugs and squishes and handshakes all around.

I can't believe that in 2016 we are still having wars over religion. Just don't get it. Peoples religion or sexuality is their business. Why can't people just live their lives and not hurt anyone. Is beyond my comprehension. Why does anyone care if I am sky blue pink with purple spots. But I am sure someone will be offended.

WaS I have to say I think you could write a book. Not sure you really believe this but you are such a warm and caring person. And you share so much with us. You are amazing and I just keep learning from you. It has opened my eyes so much to MH issues.

Well still seeing lego man. In 2 weeks seen him 5 times. And most of that has been going out. Saw him yesterday and will again on thursday. I just can't believe how easy and simple things are. I do know and I know I should not blame someone else. But my MH issues stem from my ex. he will be never happy. I hope he stays single as I would not want someone else to go through the roller coaster that I did. It seems that everything and one annoys him.

I have cut my meds in half as I am starting to feel a lot better. feeling a lot happier and more normal. Not that is really anything as normal. But normal for me.

Mu extra massive hugs. I wish I could go with you for your medical. I will be there in spirit with you.

Happy birthday Solar :beer:

And more hugs and squishes and handshakes for everyone. feeling generous today :D

If people like liquorice then iceland do a lemonade ice lolly with a stick of liquorice in stead of a wooden stick.

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I don't like liquorice but loved sherbet fountains. Does anyone remember the necklaces made of sweets. Wet and misty here today.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its done. Got lost trying to find the assesment centre and ended up having a panic attack :( by the time i found the damn pace i was shaking and crying :o barely rembemeber what i was asked or answered, assesor seemed ok...she seemed to try and get it done as quick as possible for me, no idea if thats a good sign or not. And now i wait, got told it will be about 4-6 weeks for a descion. just gotta wait for the brown envelope of doom to drop through.

feeling pretty fragile right now, gonna try and get my head together and go see Swain, i need some of his hugs right now.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2016 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Well done MU.
    In some respects, although horrible for you to go through, letting them see the impact of your illness on you may be a good thing and might help your claim.
    And having the community team open to you if you need it is a positive thing as well.
    And all over for now so go get those hugs.

Does anyone remember those sweets that were like a powder that fizzed in your mouth - can't remember what it was called for the life of me.

Edited - space dust!!!
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback