Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, don't know if you remember me. I used to post here before. Anyway, I'm having a crisis and i don't know what to do. I started a new job in a different department on Monday and since then I haven't been able to stop crying. It's nof even that I don't like the new job - I literally started crying while someone was showing me around the building because I was overwhelmed. By a freakin building. She noticed and I made some noises about hay-fever and she didn't say anything but wrapped the tour up PDQ after that. I've been either crying or on the verge of tears since then and today I had a panic attack in a meeting, again, nothing stressful was going on. We were looking at a diagram. I've realised I have a very disproportionate stress response to even minor things and I need help. This has been building for a while between tears at even the smallest issue (like someone I need to talk to isn't answering the phone) to isolating myself, losing touch with my friends and not wanting to go outside, to only feeling safe at home, to feeling overwhelmed at everything and finally penguin suicidal thoughts - don't worry, I won't act on them end penguin.

Now beyond making an appointment with my GP, I have no idea what to do. Obviously treatment options are going to take some time so do i get signed off? That's not going to look good to my new boss.

Penguin response to MU I think its perfectly ok to mourn your grandmother, regardless of his age. Swain is being an idiot.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Bit worried, had a chest x ray 2 weeks ago as had a terrible cough, told doctor wants to make an appointment with me to discuss the results.

deka, no point in worrying. I think in any case that as you've had this cough since Christmas, any doctor SHOULD see you to discuss results. The results could be as negative as negative can be, but s/he should still discuss a treatment plan with you!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Aww, MU, sooo sorry to hear about your relatives. I'm sure Swain isn't meaning that really - it sounds as if thinking about people dying is a bit of a trigger for him and that comes across to you, especially while you're feeling vulnerable, as insensitivity (it's actually just the opposite, and sadly you've hit a moment where both of you are having problems supporting the other. This too will pass - it's part of being in such a loving relationship where you are used to being strong and helping each other.)

Sorry to hear about your dental problems, calley and dandy. I used to have TREMENDOUS dentist phobia as a child, and well into adulthood. Strangely it cured it almost completely when I went to the dentist with a friend who wanted me to stay in the surgery with her. Something about realising we all look so undignified and its the same for everyone really helped me!

CODE!!!! *rushes up and gives code an enormous squish* How lovely to hear from you, even though it's sad that you are posting because you're feeling rocky. You sound tired and stressed - how are you sleeping? Would explaining to your doctor what is going on help? Because it does sound as if you just need some help over this hump - changing job is one of the most stressful things you can do, after all. Can you think of any things at work which would reduce the overload, or is it just all too much ATM? Maybe taking the induction (things like tour of the building etc.) one thing a day, over a longer period than normal?
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks JM. Been to see the GP and back on anti ds and referral for counselling. Going to be a rocky couple of weeks.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome back code :) . I don't have any suggestions about what you should do, just wanted to say hello and nice to see you here again, even though things aren't great for you right now,
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi guys, it’s been a while! Just popping in to say hi and thanks for putting up with all my ranting in the past, looking back I was so unwell mentally. Having a home for the last year has improved my mental health so much. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year of housing security.Hope you’re all as ok as can be :) faerie
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs to all, and welcome back hugs to those who have popped back to see us :j

Deka i totally freak on health things too and would be the same, hopefully the xray is fine and dr just wants to see you to discuss what to try next.

Code big hugs to you, well done for thinking on your feet with the hayfever story! I dont know what to suggest other than maybe trying relaxation teas, baths? Be kind to yourself.

I’m tootling along in the usual way, putting off stuff i should be doing and then stressing because i havent done it. Im such a wally like that. Im starting to spend more time in the garden as i keep reading its good for anxiety and depression. DH and i have been planting pots of bedding stuff and also growing a few veg. Other than weeding and watering we aren't to sure what we are meant to do, but we have lots of bees visiting which is lovely.

Have a good day all, and hugs to WaS if she pops by :)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for not checking in for a while. Went MIA.

Hope everyone is ok.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Sorry for not checking in for a while. Went MIA.

Hope everyone is ok.

Hope you're ok, too!
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Hope you're ok, too!

I'll get there :) Been a rough few months
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing