Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    I made the decision yesterday to ask my doc if I could retry medication for my low mood/anxiety/tiredness so made a request online to "ask your doctor a question" and he phoned me this morning and spoke through it all with me, and then was quite happy to sent a scrip over to the pharmacy near me for me to pick up today. I think previously I felt better and as soon as I did, just stopped taking them way too early. I'll be more diligent this time!

I feel a bit less on edge already knowing that I've taken a step to feeling more like myself, it has far too much of an impact on my daily life trying to force myself to be happy :o

Give the medication a fair chance. Along with an amazing young counsellor a new med our doctor introduced was a real game changer for dd.Of all the meds over the years it's made a real difference .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Still lurking. Struggling a bit though :( hope everyone is OK!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks pollyanna :)

Big hugs to u HBS. Do you want to talk about it?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Give the medication a fair chance. Along with an amazing young counsellor a new med our doctor introduced was a real game changer for dd.Of all the meds over the years it's made a real difference .
    pollyx

Thanks Polly - I'm definitely going to see the course through and then take it from there. I'm assuming I'll talk to my doc at the end of the amount they've given me. Went yesterday from half a dose to the proper dose, and still feeling no real side effects so pleased with that :)
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ran out of medication Monday as forgot to order replacements in time, should be today its ready, was having weird dreams because of it.
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options

Big hugs to u HBS. Do you want to talk about it?

Thanks Dandy. There's honestly not much to say at the moment but I will talk when I find some words. Thank you so much.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Tbh i dont even want one. I dont drink at all and while i dont mind in the least if other people around me drink, i do find they feel uncomfortable drinking alone. When i said “i dont really drink anymore” on the phone she said “yeah i dont really get drunk unless its a girls weekend, i usually have just a few or sometimes even only one a night” Im more than happy for her to sit here drinking every night but i wont be joining in and i hope it isnt awkward.

I dont know what we are going to find to talk about. Im into gardening, knitting and reading - all very solitary hobbies. I really like my alone time. Would it be rude to go to bed early so i can read, or potter in the garden while she is here?

Just to say - I did a market research focus group recently for people who don't drink. I stretched the truth just a little and explained I am not tt but I normally only drink when I am on holiday (in fact I occasionally have a drink at home, but less than once a week).

Anyway, it turns out that people who don't drink are an ENORMOUS GROUP and the manufacturers are keen to be coming up with new drinks for them. Most pubs and restaurants have something suitable nowadays. I would suggest as a strategy that you research nice drinks to have as an non-alcoholic alternative before you go out, then you can say 'You know I'm not much of a drinker but I've heard really nice things about xyz so I think I'll try some of that/those tonight'. Turn it into a nice drinks comparison session and it even gives you an extra subject of conversation if things run a bit dry! (Ooops unintentional pun with the run dry thing! :D )
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Little moan I'm afraid. I was expecting an appointment in August for the results of various tests and a diagnosis (which I'm still expecting to be MS), as this is what the consultant told me at the start of April, he requested it be booked for four months from that appointment. I got the letter from the hospital on Wednesday giving me a date of 22nd November. Spent some time on the phone to outpatient appointments and the consultant's secretary yesterday lunchtime and got nowhere, basically the appointment that was requested in April for August was booked into the system by outpatient appointments on Monday and the earliest one available then was at the end of November. What happened to the appointment request between me handing it to Neurology recepetion at the begining of April and outpatient appointments booking it this week was not explained, but everyone at north Bristol trust knows neurology is extremely busy so sitting on an appointment request for three months would make it impossible to schedule at the requested date.

I've been in a kind of limbo since I was in hospital in February waiting for a diagnosis and focused on receiving one in August. Having it suddenly delayed another three months has totally knocked the stuffing out of me, it is utterly debilitating, much worse than when the doctor on the ward told me the MRI was indicative of MS. But there's nothing I can do about it, which makes me feel completely helpless.

Sorry for dropping in just to moan.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ono, there's no need to apologise. Things beyond our control are majorly upsetting at the best of times but when it's something that important and you've been keeping yourself going with "Just get to August..." it's no surprise that it's knocked you.
    I know there's nothing I can say which will make it seem any better but I hope the extra wait isn't as bad as you currently fear.

(((( Ono ))))
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to say - I did a market research focus group recently for people who don't drink. I stretched the truth just a little and explained I am not tt but I normally only drink when I am on holiday (in fact I occasionally have a drink at home, but less than once a week).

Anyway, it turns out that people who don't drink are an ENORMOUS GROUP and the manufacturers are keen to be coming up with new drinks for them. Most pubs and restaurants have something suitable nowadays. I would suggest as a strategy that you research nice drinks to have as an non-alcoholic alternative before you go out, then you can say 'You know I'm not much of a drinker but I've heard really nice things about xyz so I think I'll try some of that/those tonight'. Turn it into a nice drinks comparison session and it even gives you an extra subject of conversation if things run a bit dry! (Ooops unintentional pun with the run dry thing! :D )
    That's a good idea but I'd suggest NOT going down the mocktail route.

We were out for lunch in a group recently and there was a free introductory cocktail and I asked for alcohol free. It was very nice but the glass was minute and I had to dilute the dregs to get them out because it was basically pureed fruit.

And for this I'd have been charged £3.75! :eek:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport