Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    Oh phew! I've been thinking of you a lot today (feeling guilty because I haven't been in touch for such an age) and am delighted to hear it's something so simple! In the mean time, just lie back and think of England..... :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hahaha thanks JM, it isn't so much lying back and thinking of England as taking an active role - I had to insert my own scanner! I wasn't expecting that but they do it so that the woman is more in control and place a cloth over your lap so the radiologist doesn't see a thing. I think I prefer it though, it is especially respectful for someone with my past.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Ooo that's brilliant! A real step forward! Why on earth don't they do that with cervical cancer checks, as well?
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooo that's brilliant! A real step forward! Why on earth don't they do that with cervical cancer checks, as well?
    Do you mean with the smear tests? That might become possible with the newer collection methods, but I think they have to collect cells from various different areas, where it might help to be able to see where you are going!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    I did. But, not to put to fine a point on it (ouchie!) I thought maybe the woman could put it up herself, and then the operative move it around..... Apart from anything else, it might reduce the shock of having a freezing cold bit of metal stuffed up you, if you had more control over it....:D

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I do hope they find a way to do this for smear tests too. The radiologist never moved further down than my waist and turned away when I inserted the scanner. Then she asked me to direct her hand to the 'handle' and when she was finished looking the the screen passed it to me again to remove. All of this went on under a cloth and I was completely covered at all times. It made an uncomfortable situation so much better.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Came home from work on Friday to a letter delaying my appointment another eight weeks from November to January. North Bristol NHS trust seems to be conspiring against me, the current appointment is 11 months after I was in hospital and will be five months after the date the consultant told me back in April.

Didn't go to work yesterday and probably shouldn't have today either as I've been awake since 2.30am. Don't want to go back to the GP and end up signed off again though.

I've now made a formal complaint to the trust and also put in a subject access request to get all my data. They say they respond to those in 28 days, which is a good deal sooner than four months. Anyone know how to interpret a lumbar puncture ...
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Came home from work on Friday to a letter delaying my appointment another eight weeks from November to January. North Bristol NHS trust seems to be conspiring against me, the current appointment is 11 months after I was in hospital and will be five months after the date the consultant told me back in April.

Didn't go to work yesterday and probably shouldn't have today either as I've been awake since 2.30am. Don't want to go back to the GP and end up signed off again though.

I've now made a formal complaint to the trust and also put in a subject access request to get all my data. They say they respond to those in 28 days, which is a good deal sooner than four months. Anyone know how to interpret a lumbar puncture ...

Ono,

but that is taking the mick. Have you spoken to the consultants secretary? Have you said you will take a cancellation? As that often will get you a quicker appointment.

I know that it is difficult when you work. But you need the results. As at the moment you are limbo and your life feels like it is on hold.

I am so sorry you are going through this.The NHS can be great especially for emergencies but everything else can be shoddy.

Massive hug, squish or handshake which ever you prefer.

No point me saying don't worry because of course you will its natural. If you can't get an earlier appointment would something like talking to counselor help. Someone to off load on.

my thoughts are with you.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Ono, I am sooo sorry. I think you may have the right idea - if you get the data, it would be worth spending the money to see a private doctor (or do you have any friends who are medics who could interpret it?)

I'm fuming on your behalf :(

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I ended up back at the GP today, same one that initially sent me to the hospital back in February because he thought I'd had a stroke which is what kicked this all off (I always seem to see a different doctor at the health centre). I got half way through explaining what had been going on in my head and he said "I am appalled!" and got on the phone to the hospital and left a blistering message on the consultant's answerphone while I was still in the consulting room, then signed me off for six weeks - he was actually going to sign me off until the scheduled appointment in January, but I don't work in the public sector, so four months sick pay is not something that happens in my life, nor anything close - that six weeks will take me well past what I get with all the other time off this has caused me.

Hopefully that will kick North Bristol NHS Trust into action, even if my formal complaint doesn't.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback