Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Lovely to see you both, Stoke and faerie xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hello to old friends and new! It is so lovely to see so many familiar faces!

Sorry I have been quiet, it has been a bit chaotic here. WaSp was discharged from hospital 3 weeks ago and he has had on average 3-4 different consultant appointments a week. The vasculitis affected all different parts of his body so he has a doctor for each bit. He has severe fog-brain from all the medication so I have been going to every appointment with him and talking for him, poor thing couldn't remember his middle name today-that is how bad the fog is. He is doing better but is very, very weak. He cannot walk for more than 3 minutes without stopping to catch his breath and is very shaky all over. The doctors feel it will be 6 months before he gets his strength back and his organs fully heal.

I am up and down. Still partially in crisis mode because I am having to go out so much (at least hospitals are safe places to me!) and crying sometimes 8 times a day for absolutely no reason the rest of the time. I am holding it together because I don't have a choice really but we are both doing ok.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ((Hugs)) and strength to you both WaS

I cannot emphasise this enough, but please make sure you are both eating properly and getting sleep even if it means cat napping during the day. Being ill is exhausting, but so is caring for someone who is ill.

Keep posting and tell us how you are both getting on, im so proud of you going to all these appointments and leaving your comfort zone :T
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    WaS,

Lovely to hear from you.

Yes it a long a haul recovery and will take time. No magic bullet sadly. But slowly get back to as normal as possible.

Oh my that is a lot of appointments and not surprising you are stressed. I know I would be.

You are doing amazing you have had a lot to deal with as well as your own health issues. So give yourself a pat on the back for how well you have done.

Massive, hugs, squishes, handshakes

Take lots of care and if you ever want to PM do feel free to do so as I am around most days.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm delighted WaSp is home and recovering. As everyone else has said, do what you can to look after both of you with good food and rest. Hopefully as WaSp improves you can both take pleasure in that, and just pootle along together through the next six months.

Lots of hummingbird best wishes.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes, great news that WaSP is back at home. Lots of love to you both from me and Mr JM. Mr JM is having hospital visits a lot at the moment too, so we can relate!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    An update from me, job is going well, doctors results came through clear but mentioned with my apnea history I will be rereferred to hospital over that, went on works night out Friday got handed loads of free drinks and I felt so rough I am still hungover today, I don't like to drink don't forget and still have the remains of this bad cough.

Also last night that relative of mine phoned begging for £20 and when I said no huffed and puffed, at least they gave up though.
  • calleyw
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Also last night that relative of mine phoned begging for £20 and when I said no huffed and puffed, at least they gave up though.

Why are still answering the phone to this person? Block their number and forget about it. This has been said to you many times before.

Yours

Calley x

• calleyw
    Options
    Morning my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Just not feeling it today. I have already eaten half a large packet of custard creams. I feel so useless and helpless and fat and ugly today.

have walked the dog with AM this morning. Stripped the bed, washed and on the line second load about to be put out on the line.

Just happy to lie down on the sofa and go to sleep for the rest of the day.

I feel every time I make a step forward and it seems 5 steps back. No matter what idea I come up with I can't seem to move forward a there is always something in the way. And to get it to move forward means spending money I don't have at the moment.

I do surveys and stuff until they are coming out of my ears. Enter a ton of competitions every week and win nothing.

I know I am being self centered whiny moo. I don't even like myself so struggle why anyone else does and what AM is doing with me I have no idea.

Everyone else take care.

Yours

Calley x

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Code - welcome back but sorry you're struggling at the moment. I hope things are a little easier this week.

Faerie - I'm glad things are still good with your home and that it's making your mental health so much better

Stoke - sorry you've had a rough couple of months.

WaS - I'm glad WaSp's home and best wishes for a speedy recovery

Calley - Sorry you're having a down day. Try to focus on the fact that you've managed to walk the dog and got a couple of loads of washing done. That's way more than I achieve a lot of days.

Sorry if there's anyone I've missed (I've just caught up with a load of posts after 2 weeks on holiday - well, a week away and a few days at home but it was 2 weeks away from work) and hugs and squishes to all who need them xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback