Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you Mel and Izadora, for you kind and wise words.

Think lack of sleep and massive hate myself, because I am fat, ugly etc day has happened.

I am not materialistic in anyway. And happy with a simple easy life. hence why I have never had high powered jobs or would even contemplate the 120 mile commute to London everyday. Not enough money in the world would make me want to do it.

As I said just want to stop hating myself and start to like myself. I seem to question stuff all the time. Like why do people want to be my friend. I truly don't understand. I am not funny, witty, clever, pretty etc etc.

Guess think and feel to deeply when there is no need to.

Well everybody drink plenty of fluids as its getting warm today.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I hope everyone sees something beautiful today. Tell you what guys, please add "Today I saw this beautiful thing" to the thread.

I saw a bumble bee who looked a bit lost. So moved the said bee off the path in to a bit of sun to recover.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today i saw my blackcurrant bush has lots of fruit growing on it this year, and that is a beautiful sight :)
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Today I walked to the doctor's (just to drop something off for someone else) and Mr Google taught me a new and much shorter route! And it WAS beautiful, in the sun :) Thank you for reminding me to appreciate it!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dandy, i get what you're saying.I often feel dealing with my bipolar, trying to stay well and function is a part time job in itself.

Calley, you do what you can do. I'll be honest, im 32 and i have no idea what to do. yes im working oart time but at times i feel its still not enough even though im working the most i can cope with. I feel like i have no direction or purpose in life

IAPT as predicted cannot help me but the lovely lady i spoke to did say there was a low cost private therpy that would be more suitable and shes sending the info to me. So thats progress. My best friend is possible adopting a lovely 13 yo doggo. If all goes to plan i gte to meet him next tuesday!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    I am not funny, witty, clever, pretty etc etc.

They're not the qualities that people look for in friends anyway. What would you like in a friend? My two closest friends are kind, patient, good at listening, helpful....we would all do anything to help if one of us needed the others. We listen to each other when one of us has a problem and it's not even about needing advice (although sometimes there are "what would you do" situations). It's just about knowing they're there for you. None of us are oil paintings, all of us are overweight (but working on that) but what we are is comfortable with each other and I know I can trust them.

Are you honest, patient, kind? I promise you that's more important than pretty, funny etc.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The beautiful thing I saw yesterday - bedding on the washing line at my parents' house.

It meant that my dad had taken my none-too-subtle hint on Sunday and changed their bedding on Tuesday so that I didn't have to do it when I went round to make their dinner last night :D

MU, sorry that IAPT couldn't help you but I hope all goes well with the private therapy.
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    My heart is a little bit broken today.

Penguin:

Mum's younger dog had to be put to sleep yesterday. He was only 8. She called me in floods of tears to explain what had happened. He had been off his food - not unusual, picky eater, never food-motivated - but he suddenly vomited blood all over the floor, so she rushed him to hospital with the help of her friend (I work over an hour away) where they found tumours all over his liver and kidneys.

It was kinder to let him go, and he went peacefully. But we're still absolutely broken. She feels like she did something wrong and that she didn't really get a chance to say goodbye :( I just can't believe my last cuddle with him on Saturday was my last ever :(

End penguin.

I know these things happen. It's just hard.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HBS - hugs to you and your mum. 8 years is young, but what a lucky doggy to have had those 8 years with people who loved him so much.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((( HBS ))))

It's difficult no matter what age they are but 8 does seem very young and the suddenness of it must make it worse.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback