PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House on for £290,000 one down the road £250,000

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    How does the more expensive house now dropping it`s asking price suit your agenda?

You tell me what my agenda is (you can quote other posts of mine to show it, if you like) and I'll let you know.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The houses are 'similar' as they are within 50 yards of each other , are terraced (although the pricey one is end of terrace) and same number of bedrooms.

The seller of the higher priced one was a nightmare. We offered more than its for sale now and just a lesson in sometimes things happen for a reason.

I am not saying I saved £40k on the house at all but I think it shows we paid a good price for ours. In that the more expensive ones (there is another on the same road as the original £290k an since there are only 10 houses also just reduced after 6 weeks on the market) are likely to be over priced.

I got so much good advice and made me think more clearly about the houses on here I wanted to update you all! Thought it might be interesting for all the lovely folks who took the time to reply to me.

Cheers. :money:
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To be fair the OP said both houses were "similar".

and if you had taken the time to read the whole thread, as many of us did a few months ago, you would know that not everyone agreed with OP's ideas as to what were similar :p

Really glad you are happy in your new home Brightspark - always good to have an update, especally when it's a happy one :j:j
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    To me, the expensive one was lipstick on a pig.
    Others loved it.

Takes all sorts, but obviously, those with the readies aren't buying it.
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    lipstick on a pig? Hahaha!

Congratulations. Always love a happy ending. :)
  • akwest
    Options
    Hi Brightspark87 I have sent you a message re this
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    akwest wrote: »
    Hi Brightspark87 I have sent you a message re this
    Yeah, we noticed! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors