Mortgage Free Mini-Goals

Options

Comments

• mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hubby has ordered the iPad for me as he (still) hasn't set me up to use partner discount online. Luckily I'm not much a spender so it isn't much of an issue. So £377.52 I think it was, and then I TT'd my savings acount so it's a nice round figure of £1500.
    Also got an email from quid co that I have £28.85 cash back ready to pay out so I've withdrawn that and should get that soon. I'm getting closer to my £500!!
    If I can spare it I've got about £50 of expenses coming from work so I might put that forward too. Strange how I was so stationary for most of April and all of a sudden it's just gone whoosh! Like it.

Got to take our eldest cat, Skip, to the vets tomorrow. 2 weeks ago she was meant to have some teeth out but she got a cold and couldn't have the surgery. Since then she's not been eating much but in the last 4/5 days it's got really bad and I don't actually know when she last ate. She's still drinking but she's just fur and bones. So we're hoping that they can operate but if they can't they have to keep her in and try and get some nutrition in her. I'm just worried that she won't get better or there's another underlying reason for her not eating. I've never lost a pet before and my cats are my babies. If Skip dies it'll crush Mr P because he rescued her from the skips behind the supermarket and raised her from a feral kitten. She's 13 now.
    So, yeah I'm taking her in tomorrow and hoping they'll get her back to herself.
  • EatingTheElephant
    EatingTheElephant Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    Great figures on the interest, So close to next OP.
    Hope all goes ok at the vets today.
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    Hi Mrs P :) I think SJ was suggesting a tesco account to cover a DD requirement, not to actually use for savings... Though if the rate is decent it could be used for both!

If it's not too late, have you considered whether you really need an iPad? If there are reasons for specifically needing one, fair enough, but if not, going down the hudl route could save you about £300-400!! :eek:

Sorry to hear about your cat. Hopefully it's just the teeth and once they're sorted she'll be back to eating.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    All my electronic items are Apple so I'd rather keep them together but thanks for the suggestion!

It is entirely possible that I did misread SJ's post - I'll revisit it after work when my head is a bit clearer.

Dropped Skip at the vets and they said they would see what needed to be done. Got a phone call about an hour later - they're not going to operate because her teeth "aren't too horrendous" but they will put her on a slow drip and will take some blood to test her and see if there is anything else wrong with her. Told us to phone back about 3pm to check up and could take her home tonight hopefully. Phone Mr P and let him know what was going on. We both agree that we think that a drip might not be enough as she's not been eating but I'm at work and he's not now so I'll leave it in his capable hands to deal with. It may be we have her back over the weekend and take her back in on Monday maybe? We'll see but I'll let you all know what happens and thanks for the pawsitive thoughts xx
  • sieuph
    sieuph Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can also set up a Direct Debit from your PayPal account to your bank account. You have to manually go in to PayPal each month and 'Add Money' but it meets the Direct Debit requirement for a bank account. I do it as part of my monthly 'Money Shuffle' round various accounts.
    June 2020 - Flack DVD Box Set
    May 2020 - Tarmac Pen
    April 2020 - Midweek Break to Blackpool
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Update on Skip. She's back home at the moment. She seems more chipper and came down and sat with us on the sofa. Still wasn't interested in food but wasn't walking away from it. Vets gave her antibiotics, painkillers and a steroid injection. I think the steroids are to try and stimulate her appetite.
    Mr P popped down to have a chat at 4.30 yesterday. Apparently it may not be her teeth at all as they looked at them again today and they seemed okay. She'd initially been diagnosed with tooth resorption - quite common in cats, because her gums were so red. At that time hubby said that he wondered if the redness was because she was being sick a lot. She's not been throwing up as much recently.
    So if it's not her teeth then it must be something else. Blood tests should be back on Monday or Tuesday. Personally, if dental problems are no longer the cause I think she might have kidney disease, which may not be very good at all. However, I'm not a vet, my information is from g00gle and I'm just going to wait and see.
    It's times like this I'm really glad I didn't decide to reduce my medication!
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Still waiting for Skip's blood test results so I imagine it will be tomorrow morning we get them. She's not doing so well. She was hiding under my bed when I left this morning and when I got back she was under there in the same place. Don't know if she's been there all day but it wouldn't surprise me :(

Think I've sorted out my 123 DD situation. I've moved my mobile phone bill to that account so I'll just transfer the amount over. I've also set up a DD from that account to pay the minimum amount on my credit card. However I don't use it a lot. Will it still count as an active DD if no money goes out that month? Or does it not matter as long as it's on the account and not been cancelled?
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Skip's still under the bed. Blood tests results are in and am now waiting for the vet to ring me so she can talk me through the results...
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hope the results aren't too bad for skip..
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Spoke to the vet last night and Skip's white blood cell count is high so it looks like she has an infection somewhere. Liver and kidney parameters are good - one or two elevated but not massively. The vet was wondering if Skip's resistant to the antibiotic injection but we can't get her to take tablets/liquids at the best of times. So appt with the vet this afternoon to give her another antibiotic jab and for us to ask questions and another check over of Skip. Then she's going in on Friday morning and they're going to clean her teeth as that's where they think the infection might be especially as she's still not eating. So, we shall see what happens after this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure