Mortgage Free Mini-Goals

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hope you are feeling better soon.
    chicken liver and bacon pate is great too... if you're not a veggie :D all free. I'm going to cook Moroccan lamb tagine for tonight. There will be plenty left to freeze because i'll be the only one to eat it :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    hope you are feeling better soon.
    chicken liver and bacon pate is great too... if you're not a veggie :D all free.

Really? Have you got the recope for it?
    Went into work with my thigh slathered in deep heat - they didn't mind but did wonder what the smell was :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Garlic ( to taste ;) )and an onion fried in fry light,
    500mg chicken livers 50p in Mr M for 250g tub. About 6 rashers lean bacon (fat trimmed) fried with the onion garlic mix until cooked (5-10mins)

blend with 2 desert spoon quark. Use a little more if needed. add Salt and pepper.

serve with toasted wholemeal (B choice or I used dark ryvita as i'm off bread) Also serve with red wine :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Thanks very much! Might try that over the weekend.
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    Hi MrsP, a bit late but catching up on diaries and spotted the tax payment question... I can pay ahead of time in small chunks via the online gateway, but decided not to as I may as well earn interest on that money for as long as possible... I'd set a reminder for maybe the 20th Jan or so and forget about it til then :)
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    I might just wait then. Hubby has now given me this years tax allowance if his dad's advanced inheritance so I've got £15K to play with.
    I've put £1K in my regular savings account. I'm going to donate £1K to a charity that's very special to me. Need to pay off credit card bill from Croatia and pay for car tax for the next year.
    Hubby had idea of opening a S&S ISA and putting £1K in it so I can invest in 10 funds and learn how it works that way. Yes getting about £100-200 interest a month on his - he's got a lot in it though.

So what to do with the other, what, £10K? Maybe another 123 account? Need to set up 2 DD to get the interest though. Any suggestions for super cheap DD?
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    Need to set up 2 DD to get the interest though. Any suggestions for super cheap DD?

If you open a tesco bank account you can have it DD money from another of your accounts. This is quite a rare option. Very useful in this scenario, then maybe a £1 charity DD for the other?
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking about £1 charity DDs. Didn't know the Tesco one - will have to have a look at that.
  • trulymadlyhannah
    Options
    Good work on the run! Was that 10k for 1h 03? I trained for a 10k after DD2 and Ive just started running again, but not brave enough to sign up for a 10k yet. Ive opened a Tesco account a few days and it only took about 10 mins, it was scarily easy.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    The 01:03 was for a 5 mile road race. I've got an off-road 10K today and im anticipating it to be anywhere between 01:15 and 01:30. Which is very slow even for me but I've come to learn that I don't like off-road
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure