Mortgage Free Mini-Goals

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    love slimming world, It is strict in lots of ways, but sticking to the programme makes you eat healthily. I've succeeded several times.... Currently I've lost 9lb in 4 weeks. feeling much healthier.. have another 21 lb to go
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I think that's what I need. Something with a bit more structure. Currently I'm just calorie counting in MFP and I'm allowing myself 1750 calories but I'm eating crisps and chocolate and just not eating in a totally healthily way.
    How do you go about joining? Do you just turn up to a meeting or do you need to let them know you want to attend?
  • Petal88
    Petal88 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you sure 1750 is correct, it seems very high? MFP only lets me eat 1200 :(
    Mortgage Oct '20: £615k
    Mortgage Feb '24: 590k
    Debt Feb'24: £35,501.54
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    1200 is the lowest it will automatically set you - it won't let you go any lower than that and I've found that it's just not feasible. 1750 is probably too high for me now, seeing as I have an office job rather than when I was working in a supermarket. Hence why I want something with a bit more structure and guidance. If I'm left to my own devices I will fit in crisps and chocolates. Whereas if I'm given a list of free foods and whatnot then I'll do better as I'm being given rules to abide by.
    It's making me feel a bit miserable so I've got to do something about it before it turns into a full on episode. Think I might just go to a meeting on Monday and see what it's all about.

Right so I'm back at my computer desk. Hubby rudely woke me up at 7.30am by making a stupid racket with parcel tape for something he's sold on the bay of e. He really has no sense of decorum when it comes to me sleeping in.
    Going to go and do a round up of the bank accounts and see where I come out. Will update when done.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Right, had a spruce around the bank accounts. Moved the interest from the 123 account of £49.32 into the O/P account as well as the £30 CB from the MSE collective switch for my fuel. So, that's a whopper of £79.32 :D:D
    Also, took a look at my TSB account and tidied it up and TT'd £8.43 As well as the other bits and bobs from the last week or so that takes my TT upto a total of £128.53 and my O/P account is currently at £201.99. So, nearly half way again. Nothing to report with my Nationwide account as it's just holding my money as a savings account and so I'll only get the interest at the end of the month.
    Email from water company this morning with a new payment schedule - monthly DD has gone down by about £11 so it's only £12 a month now. We've managed to build up a credit of nearly £80. This will more than offset the slight increase in council tax and will allow for the 123 account fee to be absorbed rather than coming out of the monthly interest, which should go up due to the new Personal Savings Allowance. I did notice that it had taken £9.10 off as tax! Imagine that an extra tenner a month. Sweet!
    Right, I'm going to get dressed and try and stop moping around cos I've got a squidgy belly.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    have a look at slimming world online or join a local class..... I tried my fitness pal, but like this board I need something to be accountable to.

I currently go to a Thursday group, so you can have weekend teats and damage limitation before group. Mind you I rarely get a weekend off these days.

OOO we went to Dubrovnik a few years ago.. it was a fab holiday, hearing about yours brought back happy memories :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    I'm going to join a local class. I think I need something with more accountability than just the Internet.
    Yes, Dubrovnik was amazing when we went on our honeymoon last October and Zagreb was lovely too. I preferred Dubrovnik slightly more, but I'm not 100% sure why. I think maybe because Zagreb seemed just like a city and not very touristy, although sometimes being too touristy can be a bad thing too.
    I'm just bummed to me back in the UK I think, lol.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Got up and did ParkRun this morning. My calves were incredibly tight and borderline painful so I very nearly dropped out after the first mile but decided to keep going and walk it all if I had to. Managed to finish in 42 minutes 11 seconds, which is only about 2 1/4 mi Utes slower than my slowest okay run. So, yeah wasn't too bad.
    Went food shopping g with hubby at W@itrose (he payed so not my problem it cost £98) and we got some fruit and veg and salad ready for me to start SW next week. Started eating salads bits but also had a chocolate muffin and hummous which may not be as healthy as I want it yo be. But urns tasty and is a great vehicle for vegetable crudit!s.

Did my tax return yesterday and I owe the govt £240 tax, which actually is correct based on own calculations so that's nice. Managed to figure out my allowable expenses (mortgage, c/tax, utility bills etc) - at least I think I did. Kept my receipts for my tax deductibles - computer, earphones, foot pedal, software.
    So it says I've got to pay them by 31st Jan next year. Do I have to pay it all in one go or can I pay £50 at a time? I've never done my tax return this early you see.

In other news hubby will be giving me £15K next week and I still do t know what to do with it! I'm not convinced with a S&S ISA. I just do t understand it enough - what to invest in, which platform to choose blah blah blah. Might get a 123 account (the other one is joint). I dunno. Maybe a bit more in P2P - I use funding round shape for that at the moment. I heard they were gong to open an ISA but can't find anything on their website about it.

Meh. Suggestions anyone?
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    I was reading last night that only 2 p2p companies so far had their ISAs approved with 6 more set to be approved in the next few months FC wasn't on either list do it may be a while yet.
  • mrsp1987
    Options
    Ah okay. I just assumed they'd be ready to go at the start of the new tax year. I'll hang fire then and probably stash it in a few current accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure