Husband's 10 year+ affair with other woman he met online, I'm worried now.

Options
123457»

Comments

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Whilst this thread may have been an invention of the OP’s imagination, I think a lot of people would be surprised given the amount of women who are totally oblivious to their husbands/partners having long term affairs. Not to mention I would imagine that statistic would be even higher for stay-at-home dads or households where the woman is the breadwinner – along the lines of men feeling emasculated + easy internet access = recipe for disaster.

Let’s assume the OP’s story was true, well for starters the other woman moving over to the UK to live permanently would require many, many hoops to jump which will be costly and also take many years to legally attain right to remain and/or British citizenship. Not to mention your husband only works part-time at M&S and wants to quit, how is he supposed to support her AND your children? I would think more than likely it’s all pipe dream stuff really; your husband got bored and found a side chick who was just far enough out of reach to really affect his day-to-day life. Now that she has illusions of grandeur of wanting to move over here, the bleep hit the fan and he had to come clean.

No doubt assuming say she did move over here, was your husband planning on moving her into your family home? LOL. Or was she supposed to be renting somewhere for 4 weeks and them two live together as man and wife? Once the honeymoon period wore off and she realised that she would be the one picking up his dirty laundry, dealing with his bad habits, moods, lack of money given that he would have no job, another woman’s 2 kids to contend with who will always be his number one priority over her which all comes part and parcel of living with someone, coupled with the crap British weather, I would imagine their relationship would fizzle out very quickly.

Leave them to it and focus on repairing your relationship with your children which from what you have described if they were in on his lies too, is very damaged, putting it mildly.

A hit man, now who is in a fantasy world
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh hear we go. I never encouraged the OP to hire a hit man and never did I suggest to include her girls it is a figure of speech and I thought I was in the UK not the soviet union. If any of you were in this ladies shoes don't tell me you would not feel very angry towards the man.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So why add "no kidding" ?
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    bluelass wrote: »
    Oh hear we go. I never encouraged the OP to hire a hit man and never did I suggest to include her girls it is a figure of speech and I thought I was in the UK not the soviet union. If any of you were in this ladies shoes don't tell me you would not feel very angry towards the man.

*here

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

And yes, I would feel angry. But I would turn that into positive action, not illegal action.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Silvemn if this is all real surely you would have at least phoned a lawyer for initial advice more so if you are at risk of your husband getting residency of the girls?. If it indeed is a true scenario then you need to act quickly before he gets more ideas.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport