NST: February: Back to Basics.

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    FunBrum wrote: »
    I love Minehead. It's so 'untouched'.:D

Isn't it?:rotfl: Must say we don't venture there much after our first visit and a go on the steam train.
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Wonderful. Have you been up Porlock hill yet? It's on the way to Minehead. It's ridiculously steep and hair pin. As kids we used to love the adventure of making it to the top in the car and then seeing the views.

Also highly recommend a visit to Watersmeet in Lynmouth it's a beautiful national Trust landscape where two rivers meet.

Will add them both to our to do list Bob, sound right up our street. :D
    dolly84 wrote: »
    XSpender - it must be hard to stick with a good diet when you are travelling, my DH is on the road all day for work and finds his packed lunches a difficult thing to get right - they need to be filling, transportable, cold and reasonably healthy.

Work give me an allowance to spend but as I am coeliac I cant just pick up a sandwich which makes it difficult when I am away over a couple of days. I can make a packed lunch the first day and then have to try and find something at the services that like your DH is filling, healthy and can be eaten in the car! I often resort to protein shakes and fruit and nuts.

Dolly - glad to hear your first day went well.

DH has been struck down by a virus and he can hardly breathe with his asthma. He is determined to go to work tomorrow after being off today and then stay away overnight as he has a meeting on Wednesday. He is daft, his breathing is at half capacity and he is on steroids. Men! :mad:

DS has just read DH a story as he is in bed and is keeping him company while I make tea :smileyhea

Today is a spend day as I got a few bits for DH and I have spent almost all my food budget now. I have about £7 of nectar points to use and about £4 so if I can stick to that this weekend I will just make it.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for getting in a couple of good walks, for not just having enough but having an abundance, for cuddles wih dd, for 85% chocolate, for hair dye.

XSpender - get well soon to your dh. I love the image of your ds reading to him!

Dolly - well done on the first day!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bagged another nsd today - should manage my target without too much trouble :D
    Pleased you're feeling better mothernerd, and pleased your first day went well dolly.
    Today has been hard - I won't bore you all with it but I'm far closer to the edge than I thought I was. I have asked for a meeting with the Head to discuss whether we can do anything other than my going off sick like everyone else - but no response as yet.
    I am still grateful for the good stuff though -
    :)My gorgeous friend and trainer who just lets me offload everything and never judges me.
    :)Having no kids in at school today so I was 'eased' back in
    :)Clean bedding
    :)Feline friends to snuggle with
  • Not a NSD today as had to get anniversary card - it's tomorrow so couldn't not buy:rotfl: (although I should have got it last week!!)

Today I am grateful for:
    1. A job I love
    2. Honey and lemon which has helped my sore throat
    3. Leftover's for tea tonight which made tea easy-peasy
    4. My manager who gave me a lift home so DH could leave on time (3pm) and get some more painting done.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Spent £5.20 on taxis to and from infirmary (doctor's) and £1 on a small tool. I have anti-biotics and got to queue jump - spent some time talking to 2 student doctors about long-term conditions and saw the doctor as soon as they had finished with me. DS3 needed one of the creams we already had in the house (so I saved a prescription fee as I had told him not to take a prescription for those items). He also has to have blood tests so I showed him where to go and explained the system - he had eaten at 6 am this morning or he could have had the tests.

Feeling a bit better but very tired and everything still tastes/ smells weird - doctor's smelt like petrol and pills taste like white chocolate buttons.

Today I am grateful for
    Finding some contact details for phone calls I need to make.

Seeing a beautiful full moon.

Fresh air from DS3's window (too cold for more but maybe later in the week).

Finding more things to add to the charity shop pile.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Didn't manage to get on yesterday so my 4 things were having a wee lie in, getting home from work just before the rain started, OH having a good day and yummy duck for tea. Back later, hope everyone has a good day.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning
    I didn't manage my 4 things yesterday either but they were
    1. A friend who has gone over and above during my illness and recovery to be helpful. She is a true gem.
    2. OH managing his first full day back in the office in 3 weeks. He did tell me to call him if I needed him but in reality we need him back at work now I'm so much better.
    3. Big gummy smiles from DD. Absolutely heart warming.
    4. Time with my son.

Have a great day everyone.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Glad to see everyone is coping on here.

Happier today, yesterday was just one of those days you write off, gs tantruming had at least 2 before I had got him in the car from school, squealed shop down later, couldn't do anything with him so let him watch Spongebob. Not sure why but always gives me a headache that programme.

Anyway child free tonight, got to love after school clubs, so looking forward to a walk in daylight it was getting dark when I got out last night.

Spent today, new watch battery, milk and marshmallows. Ate gs marshmallows yesterday so fed up. Went to get a passport renewal form and the Post office didn't have any - not that I had an exotic trip planned but its nice to dream.

Think I may have until 1st June to pay my cc2 off rather than 1st May which would make life easier, will check on my statement later.

I have lots of credit cards I don't use, used in past for balance tfs anyway had a letter off Tesco's saying if don't use my card by certain date close my account down. Wish rest of them had this approach. I probably need to cancel most of them and just keep couple spare for emergencies. On my to do list.!
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NSD today :)

DH has gone back to work and I think I am getting his lurgy, I am in my jarmas already!

I forgot my things to be grateful for yesterday too so these are a mix of yesterday and today:
    • DH getting a doctors appointment quickly
    • A job I enjoy
    • Having mash potato in the freezer so I can eat comfort food when I am under the weather
    • Achieving another NSD
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

Sorry for my intermittent posting, I'm just out of sorts at the moment.

Yesterday and Sunday were SFDs but had to spend today as I left my lunch at home :( It's the first time I've ever forgotten it and was really gutted.

Today I am grateful for:-
    1.) getting another set of coursework marked
    2.) nice classes (only taught 16-18 year olds all day :) )
    3.) food in the freezer to cope with last minute change of plans
    4.) the company of my boys (dogs and cat)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure