Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Organisation isn't a good word to describe Vodafone.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Vodafone are hopeless in the customer care / billing department.
  • EllasPa
    EllasPa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I have had problems with billing ever since I upgraded my phone. I am still being billed for the old phone more than a year later. I have received reminder emails and even debt collection letters. Each time Just call they say its sorted. But the following month another reminder comes. It's over £300 now.
    I've submitted my complaint via the social media hub link on here, so let's see how we go. I just want the stress to go.
    I really can't wait for my current contract to end so I can leave Vodafone for good.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    You need to watch your external credit files. Sounds like they are probably trashed for the next six years. Follow the repeated advice to get it fixed instead of bashing your head against a brick wall.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 6 February 2017 at 2:43PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Liviboy - Please reply to the latest email from us, so that we can look into this further for you.

20aday - Thanks for letting us know that everything has been resolved for you.

Pingufun & EllasPa - So that we can look into this for you, email us via form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks

Sukhi
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi all,

Liviboy - Please reply to the latest email from us, so that we can look into this further for you.

20aday - Thanks for letting us know that everything has been resolved for you.

Pingufun & EllasPa - So that we can look into this for you, email us via form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks

Sukhi
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK

Errm I think you'll find I did reply! However seeing as all the e-mails received from you lose their tracking codes (replaced with solely EFT195 it make sit difficult to keep correspondence going...)

I have, however, since then, heard from Gemma that the team are still investigating - despite earlier telling me that it was all sorted they seem to finally believe me that it isn't!
  • pingufan
    pingufan Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Well i'm pleased to say the refund I was promised last Friday has finally appeared in my bank account. How they can mistakenly take a whopping £406 I'll never understand, this has been such a stressful week.
    I also have an email stating that I do not owe any further payments and my account is now closed. I have cancelled my direct debit and can only now hope that further incompetence does not lead to Vodafone trying to take money from me or bill me again.

I can honestly say I've never come across a company like this before - its hard to believe that such a huge organisation like this could treat their customers like this but just a glance at their Facebook page visitor posts will tell you that there are thousands of very unhappy customers of Vodafone out there.

Never, ever again will I take out any form of contract with them, my fingers have been well and truly burned. Lets hope this is the end of the saga for me and for everyone else who is trying to solve issues I wish you all luck.
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed our family is now free from the shambles that is Vodafone and now very satisfied customers of Three (who so far have been excellent).

But true to form Vodafone are useless to the very last action they should take ! I closed 3 accounts and not received a final bill for any of them. You can't log in online to check as they instantly remove that function. They are allegedly posted out. Yeah right !

Can't be bothered to chase them and just put the past two years of constant poor service, actually, more accurately, "no service" down to experience.

Hand on heart they are by far the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with in my life.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Leon W,

So we can access your account and check everything's been shut down correctly for you, please email us here.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Social Media Comms
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2017 at 6:24PM
    Options
    I can't believe I managed to get through a 12 month sim only contract without issue only for Vodafone to c**k up and now want to take another payment a month later.

There were no outstanding charges and the 30 day notice was given exactly 30 days prior to the end of the minimum term.

Oh, and isn't Vodafone clever? The only way to check what these charges are supposedly for is to log into my online account...

Guess what happens when trying to log in?
    Cancelled
    This account has been cancelled. If you want to discuss this, please get in touch.

There are currently no services being used on this account

WRT135 [#15339207]
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills