Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re: [#14973555] (First submitted way back in December!).

I had one very good phone call (I thought) with Gemma in the social media team who ever since, despite assuring me she was taking ownership of the complaint etc, has never once replied or called me back.

I was called on Friday by Mark in the Social Media Team who, eventually after a bit of shouting, understood the issue was nothing to do with my account and he finally understood what this was all about and promised to get it sorted on Friday and, if he never got back to me on Friday, he would call on Monday. Monday came and went with no contact!

Despite me reminding him that I would be unable to take called before 3:30PM, he calls this morning at 08:50 and leaves a voicemail saying he would E-Mail instead...well it's now 12:30 and no e-mail received.

The issue itself still hasn't been resolved as I am able to easily check this on the Vodafone website.

This honestly is a disgrace! The issue is a simple one that would take SECONDS to resolve...it's just that nobody seems to know who the heck is responsible for doing so. Apparently Gemma made some success with this by contacting a woman called Laura but it was Mark that relayed this to me.

I have now had other e-mails from other members of the team telling me the issue is fixed blah blah blah...it isn't and if they accessed the bloomin Vodafone website they could SEE FOR THEMSELVES it isn't fixed. But apparently they aren't allowed to access the website - how stupid is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE GET GEMMA OR MARK TO CONTACT ME TODAY AT 3:30PM! This is shocking. What is the point in e-mails having reference numbers if it never goes to the person you are replying to?
  • liviboy
    Options
    UPDATE: Re: [#14973555] [reply has now been given a new reference of EFT195 [#15236619] ]

So Mark has now e-mailed me (again without any reference in the e-mail address) saying that EVERYTHING IS SORTED.

Despite the fact, it very clearly isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea if my reply will be picked up by him as the subject just has EFT195.

This is absolutely beyond a joke now.
  • liviboy
    Options
    liviboy wrote: »
    UPDATE: Re: [#14973555] [reply has now been given a new reference of EFT195 [#15236619] ]

So Mark has now e-mailed me (again without any reference in the e-mail address) saying that EVERYTHING IS SORTED.

Despite the fact, it very clearly isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea if my reply will be picked up by him as the subject just has EFT195.

This is absolutely beyond a joke now.

Well no phone call, no e-mail reply, nothing...yet again let down by Vodafone.

And despite the Vodafone reps being logged in AFTER my initial post at 12:35, they never replied either...

This would be so much simpler if staff members had individual e-mail addresses that you could actually communicate through, or the ability to speak to individuals when calling...or even the ability to call the Social Media team back!

It's a pain the backside Vodafone, it really really is.

I'm sick to the back teeth of being lied to! I thought it was just the online chat folk that got away with lies but clearly it's everyone who works at Vodafone. Not once, not ONCE have I actually been contacted when I was told I would be, not ONCE have I actually been given an e-mail that doesn't later turn out to be nonsense. and not ONCE has my issue actually been resolved!

It's shocking!

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UPDATE A URL ON A DATABASE? SERIOUSLY!
  • liviboy
    Options
    Heard back from Gemma - not sure if related to my posts here which appear to have not received a response - Vodafone insist the issue is fixed but acknowledge that it isn't as the website proves it...

Think this is going to be a looooooooooong process again....
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Would like to thank the Vodafone Social Media Team for looking into my enquiry and getting the issue resolved.

Will have to wait a short while for the credit agencies to update my files but am feeling optimistic.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • pingufan
    pingufan Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    After being a customer of Vodafone for years I now have a huge problem.

In December I contacted them to ask about an upgrade. I agreed to upgrade my phone to an IPhone 5s but when I got home from work on the same day my husband said he'd bought me a phone for xmas. I called vodafone straight away and they said that the order had gone through. I was told to refuse delivery of the phone and it would go back to the warehouse and the contract would be cancelled. I refused the delivery then phoned them again a few days later - they said yes, no problem we've recieved the phone back, you aren't on a new contract, you've been reverted to your original contract which was due to end 1st feb. Great.

I ended my contract in January to switch to a new provider, spoke to vodafone again and was assured I would be charged around £40 to close my contract a month early.

Today I check my bank account to see that Vodafone have taken out just over £400!!! I called them and was put on hold for ages whilst they looked at all the notes on my account - they say the charge is for the cancelled contract for the iPhone 5s that I was going to have in December. They could obviously see that I'd returned the phone and didn't take up the contract so they said they'd refund me the money. I asked for email confirmation of this as the refund will take 3 working days, I haven't got a penny to my name and I'm afraid after looking at all these complaints that the refund just won't materialise. I haven't had any email confirmation of the promised refund and I'm really worried.

Can anyone from Vodafone help and contact me to reassure me the refund will happen?
  • pingufan
    Options
    Update, managed to speak to someone at Vodafone this morning on their complaints line. She read the notes out off the screen, saying that a refund has been requested. From a 3 day timescale this may now take 3 -5 working days. Great, so I could potentially be without money until Friday - If I get it back at all.

She actually offered to cancel the request and told me to call my bank and get them to issue a claim under the direct debit guarantee (an indemnity claim) as it would be easier??? How the hell should it be the banks issue??? Just sort it out!!!!!

I asked for this in writing by email but sorry no, can't send emails as they are upgrading their systems this weekend and the email functionality has been removed. What a pack of lies. :mad:

She has checked my account and it all appears inactive - no money owing but I cant get that in writing. I have cancelled the direct debit with the bank so will sit and wait for vodafone to write to me if they want to take further money off me. I can't believe I'll be so lucky for this to be the end of it reading previous complaints.

So mad!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    1) Don't believe.

2) Don't cancel a direct debit.

3) Follow the instructions on here and contact the WRT - if you have read much of this thread it's all one here.
  • pingufan
    Options
    Well the CS lady said that my account is inactive, I have no lines open and don't owe any money. I cancelled the direct debit last night when I called the bank. The bank were excellent to be fair - they just said don't worry - If your refund doesn't arrive we'll reimburse you and chase Vodafone for it.

I'm now concerned as I've not received and correspondence from Vodafone about me closing my account - I'm dreading the arrival of demand letters for further money as reading the horror stories from others I'm not convinced it will be so easy to just refunded and that be the end of it.

What is the WRT please?
  • pingufan
    Options
    Well I've finally had an email from Vodafone to confirm the refund.

First person I spoke to said refund would be back in my bank within 3 working days.
    Second person I spoke to this morning said the refund would be back in my bank within 3-5 working days.
    The email says the refund will be back in my bank within 7-10 working days.

So which one is it Vodafone?? You've wiped my bank account out and I could now be without money for almost 2 weeks, thats if I get it at all.

I'm so incredibly angry about this. I will honestly make it my business to warn everyone I know to run a mile from this organisation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure