Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• hoax_1987
    hoax_1987 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2017 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Hi,

I have been stung with a mark on my credit file due to a lack of care by vodafone when shutting an account down! The mark was placed last June and according to my credit file my account is still seen as open NOT CLOSED!!! this is ridiculous and not acceptable.

I have concerns after reading some mortgage horror stories that i may get refused due to this mark! My credit score is good but that doesnt seem to matter. I need this mark removed as i am in the process of moving home! I cannot ge through to vodafone as i do not apparently have an open account!!

Can someone help, i want this resolved once and for all.

Shame on you vodafone!!

WRT135(#15350193)
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I can't believe I managed to get through a 12 month sim only contract without issue only for Vodafone to c**k up and now want to take another payment a month later.

There were no outstanding charges and the 30 day notice was given exactly 30 days prior to the end of the minimum term.

Oh, and isn't Vodafone clever? The only way to check what these charges are supposedly for is to log into my online account...

Guess what happens when trying to log in?

WRT135 [#15339207]

Credit where it's due, I had an email from Will on the Vodafone social media team today confirming it was an error and has been sorted.

Thanks Will...
    ====
  • Wakefieldu
    Options
    Thanks for contacting Vodafone.

We’ve received your email and in most cases we’ll answer within 48 hours.

In the meantime, these pages can answer most questions you may have:

The Vodafone Support section answers hundreds of queries ranging from price plans, using your phone at home and abroad and our exciting range of entertainment packs.

Looking to upgrade your phone? Simply click here and we’ll take you through the process.

Our Vodafone eForum lets you discuss the technical aspects of our products, services and the mobile world at large.

If your phone has been lost or stolen please call us straight away on the numbers below for a bar to be placed on your account.

If you’re a Pay monthly customer:-

• Calling from the UK 03333 040 191
    • Calling from abroad 0044 7836 191 191

Alternatively, If you’re a Pay as you go customer:-

• Calling from the UK 03333 048 069
    • Calling from abroad 0044 7836 191 919

Thanks

Vodafone Social : escCode : WRT135 problemInfo : Ref MSE Forum

The joys of vodafone. This will make you laugh or cry :)

I am in India for 2 weeks in February and after talking to vodafone, world traveller sounded like a great idea as an existing customer with a monthly direct debit plan.
    Sure enough on arrival on 6th Feb I get a welcome to India and world traveller text.

I then get a text on 11th saying my usage is higher than usual. Concerned that world traveller may not be working, I call customer services who confirm that the only charges on my account are world traveller @ £5 per day and £40 to date.
    I get another text about high usage on the 13th. I check My Vodafone as suggested and all is fine.
    I then get another text at 9am on 14th to say that spend is much higher than normal so calls texts and data are suspended. I am advised to call to make payment (how am I supposed to do that).
    Three minutes later I get a welcome to vodafone worl traveller text and am now totaly confused.
    I would love to call customer services but cannot do so, getting "an account is blocked make payment" message.

I am unable to contact anyone so cancel my travel plans and pay to connect to a local wifi so I can contact vodafone by chat. The colleague suggests I call 191 (how?) and is unable to send a message internally to get a manager to call me back. He promises to lift the block but this does not happen.

Later in the day I connect to wifi, download skype and call customer services. The colleague advises that there is a credit limit and I need to make payment. This is the 1st time any limit has been mentioned. I ask to speak to a manager but am advised a global operation such as vodafone customer services has no team leader or manager available outside of uk hours (really!). She promises that a manager will call me back, which does not happen.

Finally at 7pm I get an automated text asking if I am feeling an instant connection with vodafone this valentine and if we are turning you off to let them know. How I would love to do just that!!!

I seek account reactivation and compensation of £50 loss of service, stress and time spent. submitProblemForm : Send form
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi all,

@hoax_1987 I can see we’ve received your email, a member of the team will be in touch to help as soon as they can.

@d123 Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear that Will was able to resolve this for you.

@Wakefieldu Please post the reference number that was given in the automated reply and we'll check on the progress of this for you.

Thanks,

Natasha

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fallen_angel_69
    Options
    Well Vodafone have got to be the worst company ever . 15 days without a phone due to their error in cutting my line off . They say I asked for it to be disconnected . What total crap why would I do that when I've got 23 months left of a contract .

All I keep getting from them is sorry for the inconvenience we're looking into the issue .We'll contact you when it's resolved How long does it take . I've even had can you call us from your phone not your daughters phone so wee can find out what the issue is . Well I could if my phone was working Idiots .

Well it's more than a inconvenience. I've a disabled daughter who needs me to be easily contactable not taking 6 calls to be able to get hold off me . I've missed 3 meetings lost overtime and was only able to contact Rac as luckily I had someone else in my car to be able to do it . I'm having to tell people I'm only contactable if I have a Wi-Fi signal so you can get me through fb messanger or WhatsApp .
    I've posted on FB and Twitter about it and the only response I get is Sorry for inconvience and we're looking into it

Shocking service for a customer of 10 plus years with 2 contract phones . Why I got talked into renewing my contract is beyond me . The last week in January I could have handed my phone back with the 30 days satisfaction but this started 1st Feb so I'm stuck with the crap company for another 23 months as I can't think of a way out of it .

I want a working phone not another round of I'm sorry we're looking into it . Or they can stick their contract where the monkey shoves its nuts and let me out of both phone contracts with NO FEES to pay so I can go to a company that actually cares about customer service
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Fallen Angel 69,

So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us by email here.
    To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Mark
    Vodafone Social Media Comms
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hoax_1987
    Options
    Still i sit waiting for some sort of feedback and resolve!!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Not surprising since it was only 2 days ago.
  • Marrak
    Options
    Hi I have sent a complaint via the resolver page and this has been a number of weeks now .The problem started when my mobile Wi-Fi device was stolen and Vodafone replaced it with a different type .After this my bills were treble for same usage but device was saying we we were using 12GB in one day which I find impossible so instead of £100 bill for my phones and Wi-Fi it was £250+ this has happened more than one occasion.The previous device we had no problem with bills were OK.I had asked Vodafone to be contacted via message or email to let me know when I was near or over my limits this they failed to do as the sent messages to my mobile Wi-Fi device which does to have a screen or way of checking this.I feel very angry and let down and am on the verge of cancelling my 3 mobiles and Wi-Fi device contracts as I feel I have been let down badly and ripped off.I havecbeen a Vodafone customer since 1992 and have never been so let down by the non customer service and non UK call centre as I am talking to people I. Egypt etc.VERY POOR.
  • Marrak
    Options
    Since Vodafone can't be bothered to reply or contact me with regards to solving this problem after I have already sent resolver page and escalated my complaint this leaves me no option but to looking into cancelling my 3 mobile contracts and a mobile Wi-Fi contract aswell .I am quite sure other companies would appreciate my money and custom even more.A very disgusted Vodafone customer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure