🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• willieormandsheroes
    Options
    This below copied from a previous post on this thread - as it is where I am today having had YEARS of frustrations, confusions, endless hours upon hours on telephone calls, lies, broken promises, calls not returned etc. To an unbelievable extent were it not for the same experiences reflected here by so many making it VERY believable.

Vodafone should instantly release any customers who have been subjected to this amount of lies, broken promises, incorrect billing, and stress, (and at least 20 hours of my time on pointless calls & live chat.) They can have the phone,and the plan charges to date, I want to be free forever from a Company who treats it's customers so tardily.

We are in despair. Wife nearly 5 hrs on the phone yesterday speaking to various customer support people who don't seem to know what the heck is going on - what sort of contracts we are on; what someone else has promised would happen; non-returned calls. And we are heartily sick of it, and it is making my wife ill with worry and despair.

But rather go through even the last year's litany of disastrous Vodafone customer support (VCS) just a couple of things from yesterday and a question.

After 2 hours very late last night on the phone to VCS (having had to call VCS as they had yet again failed to call us back at in the timeslot promised), my wife and I were told to phone the Compliance Department today as the team last night could not answer our questions - we had given up with the customer support representative (and he with us) and he had gone for his manager - who also failed us. We referred to an earlier call yesterday we had made on which we were promised a certain outcome (but that never got back to confirm) - and they went away to listen to the call. The later told us that they could not locate the call. What? The one call yesterday on which we were promised an outcome that was towards what suited us could not be found?

Anyway - all that aside.

We phoned today to speak to the Compliance Dept. and were told we could NOT speak to the Compliance Department and they refused point blank to put us through. And so...

...oh it doesn't bear the typing as we continue try and sort things out.

Anyway that was the last straw as my wife went to bed in tears of anger and frustration.

One thing that we tried to get through to the manager last night was that some days ago (maybe last week - who knows the calls blur into each other) my wife was told by VCS that previous things she has been told by VCS were LIES and they had broken their promises on calling us and sorting things on a number of occasions. Yes - VCS said that we had previsouly been LIED to - and agreed that VCS had broken their promises to us.

What are we supposed to do. Tell you what. As a customer who VCS admit has been lied to I would like to terminate my contract immediately. But no - according to VCS were I to try and do that there would be charges to pay, and we have been told that if we didn't pay them the matter would be handed to a Debt Collection agency

Are Vodafone for real?

What do I do?

Surely I must have some rights to be able to cancel my contract at no cost to me - if for no reason other than that Vodafone have admitted lying to me.

Heeeeelp :)
  • guanguo_dan
    Options
    Hi Vodafone/Natasha/Nathan,
    I raised an issue in this thread(See #665 and #669 in page 34 for detail) and I got a call from Vodafone - saying that Vodafone will update its record correctly in my credit report. But when I checked my credit report today and found that nothing has been updated even after several months. Vodafone is so disappointing again and again. Could you possibly please do something really with my issue? Thanks.
  • Acurisur
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forums.

I've been a Vodafone customer for about a year now and so far it has been a horrific experience.

The low point was reached today when I checked my latest bill to discovery they've charged me £86 when the last time they called me they said my bill would be capped at £55!

So basically, on 1st December 2016 some guy from Vodafone sales called my mobile to offer me a free tablet when I sign up to their mobile broadband offer. I politely declined as I already own several tablets. The guy then changed the pitch to just the mobile broadband sim for my existing tablet, this would cap my bills at £55 month and my data would be capped at 6Gb.

At no point in the call did he mention that there was a £19.33 line rental charge for the mobile broadband, if he had done I would have declined the offer. He didn't, so I agreed to the offer thinking my bills were now capped at £55 per month.

You can imagine my shock and utter rage when I saw the latest bill for £86! I promptly called Vodafone to ask them why they had charged me this - the guy at the other end said because I had upgraded my line and also the delivery of the 2 sim cards for the mobile broadband at £2.50 per sim.

I was pretty angry but held it in as much as I could, for starters they only sent me one sim card, (the original never turned up so I had to use the web chat to ask for another one, again at no point did the web chat staff mention the delivery fee) and they had never told me about the line rental or the £19.33 fee for line rental! I have asked them to either remove the line rental fee completely or to cancel the entire mobile broadband contract - I have never used it either up to now.

The customer service agent said as it is over 30 days it can't be cancelled. I told him that because the Vodafone sales person never mentioned the price of line rental or indeed line rental at all, the 30 days thing doesn't count and they are now in breach of contract. I also said if they don't cancel it I'll take them to the Financial Ombudsman. They are going to listen to the call and then call me or text me.

I am right in asking them to do this? Are they in breach of contract for not disclosing the line rental fee when I accepted the offer?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Dream on. Right or wrong makes absolutely no difference. No-one will call you back or even listen to anything. Read and follow the advice on here to contact the WRT or you'll be going round in ever increasing problems for the next year and more.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Acurisur wrote: »

I am right in asking them to do this? Are they in breach of contract for not disclosing the line rental fee when I accepted the offer?

Yes & yes. You'll have to wait for them to get back to you after listening to the call obviously, it'll be interesting to hear their reply.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi all,

willieormandsheroes and acurisur – So we can help with this, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

guanguo_dan – So we can look into this, please email us again via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Natasha

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well after years of hassle free relationship with Vodafone looks like my luck has run out! So basically here's my story:

-Phoned at end of December as I was nearly out of contract to ask about SIM only deal as I had bought a phone outright myself. Was offered a deal and said I'd mull it over. Phoned back to say wasn't interested and got offered a better deal of £10.80 a month for unlimited calls and texts plus 2gb of data doubled up to 4gb. This was ideal so I accepted.
    -Couple of days or so later got an e-mail confirming my order but only mentioned 2gb of data so went on live chat and they said I needed to phone.
    -I phoned a day or so later and spoke to someone who looked into it and said we will give you the extra 2gb for free. Whilst on the phone to him an e-mail came through confirming the extra data but at £10 a month. I mentioned this on the phone and he said to ignore it as there would be no charge.
    -A few days after that decided to check my bills and the £10 charge is on there. So I get on live chat to ask why and they say I need to phone and ask to return the item and they'll sort it and giving me the options on how to do so. I didn't want to return it I just want what I was promised.
    -I phoned the next day and the options I'd been told to use on live chat don't seem to match up against any options on the call so I go through to billing and speak to someone there. They have said that they will ask for my original call to be listened to when I was promised the double data and that would take 3-5 days.
    -This time has now passed and I still haven't heard anything back.

As I said above all I want is the deal I was promised as well as a refund of what I paid I shouldn't have.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi dondo,

So we can help with this, please email us via the form here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • scotsrat
    Options
    One for Lee to check WRT135 [#15134171], many thanks in advance.
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi dondo,

So we can help with this, please email us via the form here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK

Relating to post 836 I have had the following code on my confirmation e-mail

EFT195 [#15134539]

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills