Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• cvw7
    Options
    I joined vodafone just before xmas. I wanted to port my number from tesco and start a new contract with vodafone with the 20% discount which was for xerox employees, and i wanted it all done before i was due to have my bypass on the 22nd dec.

I waited and waited and had NO services, signal etc. I called up/chatted online and was told it takes up to 24hrs to activate the sim on the temp number. 24hrs later, nothing. I chat again and am told up to 48hrs. Still nothing. I asked to escalate this and was told the sim was the problem. I needed a new sim go to the store.

I went to the store and they told me my account was cancelled and they didn't know why. 4 days NO SERVICE but you took my money.

The manager in uxbridge issued a new sim and tried to arrange the number porting. That failed and i went into hospital. After a few days of no porting, i gave up and kept the new number as it was confusing people who might have needed to contact me urgently under the circumstances.

So I now lost the number and then got billed £39.51 31st Dec, £50.59 on the 4th Jan, and £49 on the 22nd Jan so far. It should be the £39.51 as I got confirmation that the discount had been applied.

I called CS only to be told that i had 4 accounts for some reason and the woman was confused. She couldn't see the payments, and put me on hold for ages. I got cut off and tried three times to get back to where i was with no luck.

So here I am, fed up with all of this and i don't need the extra stress after a failed bypass. Vodafone are taking money left right and centre and no compensation for no service for 4 days, car parking and going back to the store during the xmas rush when i was going into hospital and should have been with my family, STRESS.

I tried to chat online, they bounce me all over the place and say things are sorted and they never are. I tried to fill in the WRT complaint and that came back access forbidden....

Please can someone please help cos this is really stressing me out and I cant deal with it.

Thank you.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 25 January 2016 at 9:47PM
    Options
    Edited as merged to V sticky
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • A.R.M90
    Options
    Hi,

Having issues with Vodafone and no matter how much i call and complain they don't seem to do anything.

I took a contract out with them in Oct 2013 with 6 months free Sky Sports mobile. Once the 6 months was up and i tried using the APP it stated i had to register so assumed this product had now been removed. I called Vodafone to confirm and they told me they have removed the product for me.

In June 2015 i called up to inquire about a bill and was told i am paying for the sky sports mobile. After several Calls back and forth to Vodafone and Sky (who claim not to have any record of me, my phone number or bank details) Vodafone tell me again they have removed the product from my account and credited me with £60.

My contract was up in Oct 2015 and i called to cancel in Sep 2015 but noticed the payments were still going out in Dec 2015. I called and was told they would credit my account with the difference.

No money was credited to my account and the payment went out again in Jan 2016

I was then told my account was still active because i was being charged for Sky Sports. After looking back through all my notes and calls they then told my account would be fully cancelled and my account credited with the difference for the monthly payments and Sky sports within 5 working days.

This has now passed and no money has been credited back into my account.

I am now owed approx £135.00

Does anyone know where i stand on compensation for this now as i am sick of spending hours calling up and being passed around departments for nothing to happen.

Thanks in advance
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A.R.M90 wrote: »
    Hi,

Having issues with Vodafone and no matter how much i call and complain they don't seem to do anything.

I took a contract out with them in Oct 2013 with 6 months free Sky Sports mobile. Once the 6 months was up and i tried using the APP it stated i had to register so assumed this product had now been removed. I called Vodafone to confirm and they told me they have removed the product for me.

In June 2015 i called up to inquire about a bill and was told i am paying for the sky sports mobile. After several Calls back and forth to Vodafone and Sky (who claim not to have any record of me, my phone number or bank details) Vodafone tell me again they have removed the product from my account and credited me with £60.

My contract was up in Oct 2015 and i called to cancel in Sep 2015 but noticed the payments were still going out in Dec 2015. I called and was told they would credit my account with the difference.

No money was credited to my account and the payment went out again in Jan 2016

I was then told my account was still active because i was being charged for Sky Sports. After looking back through all my notes and calls they then told my account would be fully cancelled and my account credited with the difference for the monthly payments and Sky sports within 5 working days.

This has now passed and no money has been credited back into my account.

I am now owed approx £135.00

Does anyone know where i stand on compensation for this now as i am sick of spending hours calling up and being passed around departments for nothing to happen.

Thanks in advance

See post one of this thread you were merged into ;)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is the Vodafone rep still around? Wife had a call from Proven Assistance UK or some similar made up name that doesnt appear to exist.

Odd thing is they asked for me, Her phone is on my account but i have never used it so the only way they could call her phone and ask for me is if they got my details from Vodafone.

I have never used the phone, She only gave the number out to family and rarely uses it.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Always opt out to marketing in the check boxes when ordering and My Voda account online.
  • Sarah_-_cbs
    Sarah_-_cbs Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2016 at 12:18AM
    Options
    I am that broken with the last 3 years of hell with this company and with the fact that loyalty means absolutely nothing to them...I haven't even got the energy to write my whole story nor would I want to bore anybody more than they already are going to be.

I have experienced pretty much every situation mentioned on this forum and more... I haven't got it in me at the moment to fight anymore!

I have been a customer for over 18yrs, never had another number and every time I am in a contract with them, the problems start again.

They are absolute bullies and the biggest liars I have ever dealt with....they have held me to ransom for years for me to be able to keep my number - not knowing till a month ago that I could request a pac code when out of contract??. I have 4 contracts with them 3 of which were out of contract nov / dec coincidentally when the new £900 charges went on my bill. I tried to cancel the three that were out of contract to be refused as I had an overdue balance. My account was supposed to be again under investigation but I have received another bill now for £1330 and currently disconnected.

I have never refused to pay what I owe, but I am not constantly being ripped off. The 4th contract hasn't been used for 18mths but I still honoured the contract and paid it every month. It seems like I argue for so long to get credits on my account for overcharges they then find something else to charge me for, what we haven't had.

I have had the phone put down on me countless times (usually when I advise them my calls are recorded)
    I was refused to cancel my contracts that were up
    I was refused twice my pac codes until I told them I had been advised by Ofcom that I was entitled to them.
    I was refused also countless times to be able to speak to a manager - at one point I had two advisors passing me between each other pretending it was the manager and laughing at me before putting the phone down
    I have given dates and times of recorded calls but they have refused or ignored getting the calls listened to - each time telling me it has been investigated and I owe the bill
    I have been refused a deadlock letter
    All four lines have been cut off at least 30 times since last May
    I have spent over 100 hours in the last year getting my lines restored

My husband and son hold two of the numbers and work away meaning that every time the lines were restricted (ALWAYS at 9pm when customer services were closed) I couldn't get hold of them nor them me, until the following afternoon after spending another 3hrs of the morning explaining my ever extending complaint!!!

My son moved to EE in December leaving me to fight the bill but so that at least we had one way of contact while they were away if ever cut off. My husband has just ordered a new monthly sim plan with EE also till he could get a resolve and take his number... which is in the post

As of the 14th Nov 2015, my account was clear once again (credits added and I paid the agreed balance) and I was told I didn't owe anything until 10th Dec for the bill that would be generated on the 19th Nov. They cut me off 4 days later (18th) telling me that I owed over £500...they took the restriction off while waiting for the credit to go on and I asked them to put me through to cancellations as 3 of the phones were now out of contract and I had, had enough. When I got through I was told I couldn't cancel until the credit had been put on and I had to get back in touch the following week..
    I was again cut off on the 23rd Nov and when I rang the first time was told that the credit was not going on and that I had another £400 owing £174 being calls on one of the numbers. The advisor would not listen to my complaint so I ended the call and rang back. I rang back going through my situation again at which my lines were restored and then I asked how my bill was now £900 considering we are on umlimited everything (including data due to an earlier deal where we had data overcharges and they miss-sold us the contracts) and bars on all lines preventing premium numbers etc. The charges were premium charges and data used when abroad because the data isn't included in euro traveller??? When asked how premium numbers were allowed to be called when there is bars on all 4 lines....she was very rude and told me she would go and check and came back saying they had expired and she was just putting the bar back on. I asked would they be crediting me? She told me no and that I would be charged for the calls made. When I went back to the beginning with the first complaint about having a £600 bill due to teenagers being able to ring premium numbers and having to wait until I upgraded the contracts before I could put a bar on...she was extremely rude talking over me and not letting me finish...I asked her name and she put the phone down.
    I again rang back and went through it all again...I was told that I owed the money and that there was nothing they could do. I asked for them to listen to the calls and was advised he had been instructed not to request listening to any calls. I asked again for my account to be investigated but was told no. I left it there as my lines restrictions had been taken off that day and at least I could calm down for another few days till it was cut off again.

Finally....the straw that broke the camels back....

My Auntie who lives some 70 miles away (as does the rest of the family) was unfortunately suffering with cancer, the last month being the end of a painful fight. Sadly she passed away on Saturday. They had already cut my services the week before (15th Jan) I asked that only mine and my husbands be reactivated as I wasn't paying for the other two contracts that were out of contract and not being used. I offered to pay the standard monthly bills balance for the two phones being used but was told to wait until my account had been investigated....
    I was promised I would not be cut off again until it had been investigated....to then be cut off again a week ago. I again rang and this time was told due to my bill being £1330 they couldn't take the restriction off this time and that the credit department would be ringing me the following day (Friday). They never rang....
    My son was away (with his phone) and we had no way of knowing the situation until a family member rang on Saturday to say she had gone. We still have no phones relying on wifi to check that the family are ok but that is obviously only while we are at home. On Monday there was an earthquake in Malaga where my Mum & Dad lives and other than email which they check sporadically, I couldn't ring my Mum to check if they were ok...only finding out late last night??

I am absolutely appalled and until I started reading forums, thought they had it in for me. I didn't realise just how widespread, on a humongous scale and more worrying...how alike the problems are!

I am currently building all my evidence, (recorded calls & copies of text messages) which is taking some time due to the extent but then I intend to seek legal advice to see if I can sue for breach of service and loss of business considering the financial loss they have caused to me amongst other things.

As far as I am concerned I owe this company for the months Dec & Jan for the two contracts being used which is approximately £58 x 2 = £112.
    However, we have lost some 30+ days service on 4 contracts due to the constant restrictions to our line and considering my hourly rate is between £15 - £25, have cost me as an average around £2000 in lost working hours....I would consider they owe me.

I just want to walk away from my contract with Vodafone now, with the number I have had for so many years.
    However, If I lose that number then I will be seeking legal advice and it will be my intention to let every person I can know of my treatment in whichever way I can...I have listened to a lot of the calls again the last couple of days and I am furious with myself that I allowed this situation to go on so long and at the consistent lies, broken promises etc etc. but sometimes we can all be busy fools and the reason why a phone call is quicker than sitting for hours going through calls and writing complaints.

All the family & friend's that I recommended to this company left ages ago....I gave them the benefit of the doubt on way too many occasions and this is how I was repaid for my loyalty.

WLT135 Reference :[#12499256]
    WRT135 Reference: [#12509307]
  • Hi,

I'm having a ridiculous time with vodafone that is causing me no end of stress. I took out a contract with them in October and my phone arrived but they hadn't registered my number so I couldn't use it. When I got through to someone about this I then asked to port my old number across. When they porting was supposed to happen my old number was disabled from my old phone and my new number was disabled from my vodafone phone but my new number never ported across, every time I spoke to some one they told me it would be another72 hours. Eventually I gave up and cancelled my contract, still just within the 14 day cooling off period. That's when the fun started!

I was told that my contract had been cancelled and a returns pack would be sent. This turned ex up. Currently I'm still trying to convince them that my contract should be cancelled. Every time I speak to someone I get told something different. I've had several people apologise, tell me my contract should have been cancelled, it's in the notes on my file and all charges should be waived, then I receive another bill. After several attempts I've eventually got them to send me a returns pack so the phone is now back with Vodafone but they are still billing me. It doesn't have a phone number attached to it, hasn't sincethe attempted to port my number across and failed and when I cancelled my contract I requested my PAC code and moved my number to a different provider!!

I wrote a letter of complaint, which I've eventually had a reply to, not answering anything in it, just telling me that they created n account to the number I was trying to port across in error and that I still had to pay the bill for they other number. I had been in touch with Vodafone before this who promised I wasn't due anything and it would all be sorted. I asked for an email or letter confirming that, was told I'd get an email within 10 minutes, never received anything.

Used live chat tonight to try and resolve the issue, was told they couldn't tell me if there were charges on my bill, I'd have to wait for my final bill(!!!) in the middle of February. I asked for a deadlock letter, they refused and told me to wait for my final bill.

They have put a debt agency on to me, I've explained everything to then and they have also been in touch with Vodafone to find out what's going on, Vodafone won't tell them anything either, just that I have to phone vodafone, and when I do they don't give me a straight answer.

I'm getting to the end of my tether. I've never had such terrible customer service in all my life, and complaining doesn't help!
  • Gaz82
    Gaz82 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where do I start?. Basically I started to have issues with Vodafone December 2014 I thought all was going well until September 2015 when I found out that my Line had been disconnected. When I contacted Vodafone they told me that I had a debt which was £508.00 I questioned this as I had been paying them each month as agreed as I was on a payment plan and wasn't advised of any issues by phone, email or letter. I couldn't log on to my online account and still cannot to date because my online account has been suspended as has my mobile phone. I have contacted Vodafone regular to voice my concerns and even travel to Vodafone stores but nothing has been resolved. I have been fobbed off so many times by Vodafone Customer services which is behond dreadful once getting told it was because of migration which they reconnected my phone and then re-disconnected it because they decided it was because the amount paid did not cover both arrears and outgoing costs. I have made a complaint to Vodafone which didn't help and later to the ombudsman service however they seem to agree with Vodafone and what I have been offered is statement of bills (should I agree), £40 to my vodafone account and a written apology from Vodafone. What I find disgraceful is Vodafone is allowed to get away with this plus shoddy customer services 1) They don't know how much it is to send bills to you 2 stores and customer services ranged from £5.00 to £1.50 2) They make promises to call back but don't 3) promise to re-instated your account when making a small payment but end up disconnecting it again and the list goes on. What I cannot understand is 1) How come I hear nothing from Vodafone until September saying there is a problem despite making regular payments 2) how do I know my bills are correct in first place seeing I cannot log on to my online account and haven't been able to since September. If you are thinking of Vodafone DONT. Been told today finally they will send me bills from December 2014 but I have to pay for it. However despite been told different yesterday as usual I have to pay full amount now over £600 before can get phone and online account re-connected. What do I do?
  • lg123
    lg123 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ha! How am I not suprised this thread exists.

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted them.

For reference this is my personal, current customer experience:

Vodafone have deleted my telephone number.

I have had no signal since last Saturday because of it. I called on Monday and they said they'd look into my loss of signal, it wasn't a billing issue and call me back - no return call. I called Tuesday lunchtime where someone told me that they had definitely accidentally deleted it, it had happened before and it'd be back online in 10-15 minutes, they'd call me back on my mobile/landline to confirm, no call back. I called Tuesday at 4pm they said it would be in hand in 48 hours, more than that has passed, still no signal! Customer service has been less than helpful and no one, even with me asking will call me back.

I have submitted the form and will be taking this to Ofcom and the Ombudsman this afternoon.

This isn't my first loss of signal with them, have had repeated trouble in the past 4 months of my new contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure