🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Blimey. I didn't expect that!!

Hope all OK with you this week xx
    Thanks Brizzled, it got resolved that night but it was a stressful experience!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So, £1000 paid to debt and we have a new debt figure of £13,325.

I have an additional amount of about £500 this month due to C/T free month and money from a creative gig. Thinking of what to do with it? I could:

—Buy an oven. This was one of my 2016 goals. I can use my hob, but I haven’t had a working oven for 8+ years.

—Get my debt down into the £12,000s

—Get my second bedroom decorated

—Put the cash towards a new bathroom fund

In other money news…I did buy the lusted over bag, but with a 20% discount and by returning another item I got the cost down. In my defence I need a work bag with a place for everything as I can be disorganised. I don’t regret it…:)

I have done rubbish on NSDs.:o

I haven’t made decluttering headway :o

I haven’t made progress on repairs/improvements on the house :o

I have gone off script, so shopping and spending without a plan. Nothing catastrophic occurred as a result but back on script now.

I will begin setting weekly goals this again, but rather than bore the pants off any readers I’ll do that via my bullet journal (thanks again Tink, still loving it)

I will start doing weekly instead of daily updates as I spend too much time looking at a screen. I’ve also chopped my TV screen time. ;)

So, that’s me as January starts to draw to a close

Happy Sunday folks

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Why dont you split the money & put half to the debt & keep the other half to put towards something?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    My vote goes to the oven. Especially if it saves you time and money in the long run.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    Options
    You could look at a tabletop hallogen oven.
    They are fantastic.
    I have not used my cooker oven in a long time.
    The hallogen is way cheaper to use & faster.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to reassure you, my pants are still on, especially when it comes to journal updates, so no boring us is going on here. You should write whatever you want to write as we all love the updates.

Well done on that £1,000. Fantastic.

MTxx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I would try for several of those... pay off £325.50, buy a halogen oven (mine was £15 from Ald1) and put the rest in the bedroom decorating fund (simply because that sounds like a nearer goal than the bathroom).

I hope your dead fox has now left the building!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Lots of very good advice from you all thank you :A

You are all right. MT I will be going back to updates now I know your pants are still firmly in place :rotfl:

I am going to get an oven Fortune because I will save on time and costs going forward…

I am going to do a combination as Beanie and Rosa suggest. The halogen is a good idea but I have severely limited space so a conventional oven is best for me...

So, I am thinking of paying £325 towards the debt so I am in the 12,000s (feels amazing to write that) and I am going to buy an oven but I will save £200 and add the rest from February’s pay. I have waited 8 years + for working oven, another 4 weeks won’t hurt. :)

After my nightmare of the dead fox at the start of the month the end of the month might just be turning out good…

I sent a proposal for a course to a FE college I used to tutor at part-time and I got back a very encouraging response. They seem to be quite keen. I sent it on Friday afternoon and the response was this morning. They would love to work with me again! If I get it that will be the second income stream sorted as the pay is 2.5 times my current work. The course is something new I am passionate about so I am quite excited at the idea. WATCH THIS SPACE.

Happy Monday :)

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Monday indeed :)
    Sounds promising re the proposal.

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    woop woop all good
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income