Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Parsnip I love my Karc3r steam cleaner. There are attachments and yes windows can be cleaned too. I haven’t cleaned windows but I have done my sofa, floors, rugs and hard area surfaces like parts of the cooker etc. I am very pleased with it. Today, I am going to steam clean my hallway and top landing stairs carpet. I originally was going for the more basic model but there was £30 off and the reviews pointed to this S2 model.

Whatever you decide, happy cleaning :)

Thank you, I think. ;) I really want a good steamer but trying to save for one.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    What I did not buy, eat or drink this Christmas:

Mince pies
    Christmas Cake
    Wine
    Brandy
    Crisps
    Nuts
    Pigs in blankets

When I eat lots of sugar I can’t stop, so it figures not to start. However I cannot live without sweet treats of some kind. Dramatic, but true...

Today I bought some Naked bars and a bar of dark chocolate (both low sugar). Dark chocolate I can’t binge on. Naked only contain natural ingredients and I have not felt the need to binge on them. They were reduced from 75p each to 20p each and I have several. They are good to throw in my bag when I leave the house. Coffee out is a treat but generally the treat with the coffee is too sweet and too expensive!

I bought some organic veggies today and made soup. I had the soup with a soft organic sheep’s cheese YS to 80p :)

My weight is going down and it is so encouraging I don’t wish to spoil it :)

This year is nearly over...roll on 2017
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am searching for new income streams for 2017 so I can meet my goals. I will need a second job in 2017. I have been looking at early morning online grocery shopping but nothing has come up in my area. I’ve had time to think and getting up at 3am a few days a week to start at 4am may be optimistic thinking given how tired I am with my low iron levels :o

The creative venture I pitched for in the Autumn came to nothing :o but that is probably a good thing too as I planned to work for nothing to build my rep but I can ill afford that option right now.

New options to earn more:

A new pitch for a role as an evening tutor at a college I have worked with before. They pay well and are asking for proposals. :)

I have been invited to do some creative work in a few weeks time. This pay will go towards something on the house, not sure what yet (but this extra money is not going towards further debt repayment) . If I can impress maybe they will invite me back for some more work and if so, I will use that money to speed up debt repayment. :)

A job I’ve seen advertised in my F/T work field (for another organisation) The hours are ad hoc, but that suits me. ;)

Selling stuff. :eek: I have not really done this but will start listing 2 items a week. I WILL

Anyone else thinking of additional ways to increase their income in 2017?

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,689 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also thinking of further income streams but am limited by my disability:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Intend to up my surveys.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Wishing you a wonderful 2017 DIA. Keep up your inspiring diary, I just love reading it and seeing your amazing YS goodies :) Just think, this time next year, you'll be debt free. Isn't that marvellous?!

Happy new year :beer: xx :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HNY!! Your ideas sound really promising, hope they come off in 2017

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Happy New Year DIA!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Happy New Year DIA!
    Fortune x
    Thanks Fortune. You too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    HNY!! Your ideas sound really promising, hope they come off in 2017
    Xx
    Aww thanks Brizzled. Happy New Year to you too!

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills