Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I hope you all had a good Christmas

I resisted the urge to buy a new hand bag (so far) it IS expensive, but SO VERY LOVELY and it would be perfect for work. Yada, yada, yada....

On Christmas Eve I went out for a coffee with a friend and we got our turkeys. They were half price and organic/free range. Mine was reduced from £36 to £18. I was pleased, but noticed most of the turkeys were sell by 26th and MnS were open on 26th so I went back this evening as turkey is my favourite meat and so hard to get any other time of year when I want it.

Glad I did. :)

Free range (F/R) turkey £30.09 reduced to £2.95
    F/R turkey £35.32 to £3.55
    F/R boneless turkey breast £36.52 to £3.65
    F/R boneless turkey breast £37.60 to £3.80
    F/R crown and stuffing on the bone £51.98 to £4.20
    F/R four bird roast: turkey/duck/chicken and pheasant £80 to £8
    F/R four bird roast: turkey/duck/chicken and pheasant £80 to £8

VALUE = £351.51

PAID £34.15

My freezer is full of high quality protein. This should reduce my shopping bill dramatically as these are the major expense items. :money::money:

I hope your boxing day is going well :)

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow. Great bargains. :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    :rotfl:I think you must have struggled home with half a flock of turkeys there!

Great planning though as you've got a freezer full of your favourite for 10% of the price.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic observation and forward planning. I love that.

How are you feeling about that bag now? I found a lovely handbag in my wardrobe tonight that I'd forgotten about!!!

Have you got any New Year plans?

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    MT, I have to be honest, I am still lusting over the bag. :o The craving has not lessened. At the moment it is only 20% off. If it ever goes to 50% off I’m afraid I will snap it up

You know when you bring chocolate into the house and divide it up to last for ages and ages and there will be enough for some for impromptu presents too and then…there is none left…I must remember I can no more keep spare chocolate in the house than a heroin addict can save heroin in the house for a rainy day :o

Decluttered 32 items that included 6 CDs, a jewellery bag and old picture albums :T

Took a chest of drawers out of my living room and put in bedroom so it can double as a bedside table. Stored bedside table. Chair out of bedroom and stored. Rooms looking better. I steam cleaned the floor in the living room and sprinkled orange oil first so it looks clean and smells gorgeous :)

Ironing done and other drudgery…

House less of a tip :)

Read meters and paid bills

I booked a ticket for the theatre for next week :):):):) (money to come out of food budget...)

Busy making my 2017 plans that I will share soon although you can be sure my plans will prioritise SMASHING MY DEBT

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas or even a quite nice, or just OK one…

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like your decluttering is going well DIA.

Im interested in your comments about the steam cleaner. I had a cheap one which just did floors and wasnt fantastic. I have been looking at the ones with the jets of steam and window attachments. Does yours do this and are they worth it?

Same here with chocolate. Will keep eating it even when its no longer enjoyable.:(
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Parsnip I love my Karc3r steam cleaner. There are attachments and yes windows can be cleaned too. I haven’t cleaned windows but I have done my sofa, floors, rugs and hard area surfaces like parts of the cooker etc. I am very pleased with it. Today, I am going to steam clean my hallway and top landing stairs carpet. I originally was going for the more basic model but there was £30 off and the reviews pointed to this S2 model.

Whatever you decide, happy cleaning :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I think that you use your steam cleaner so well that you've definitely done the right thing buying the S2. Well done on how spotless your place must now be.

What theatre show are you going to be seeing?

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 30 December 2016 at 10:36AM
    Options
    Spotless? :rotfl::rotfl:

Such a long way from that. You have no idea of where I am starting from...However, it feels and looks cleaner and the decluttering and getting things out of the rooms are helping a great deal :)

I LOVE theatre MT, but rarely go. In 2017 one of my goals is to go once a month and see something amazing. Last year I saw Glenda Jackson in King Lear and it reminded me that I love theatre.

The play I am seeing is at the National is called Love. Amazing reaction and transferred from the Birmingham Rep. I'll let you know what I think...

There's this thing called Friday rush where you can get tickets for £20 for any play on at the National. Anyone interested in theatre but worried about the cost, do look it up :money: :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I work quite close to the National Theatre so I'll definitely look that up. Thank you. Occasionally we get free tickets offered through work. I'll also let you know of any I go to see which can be recommended. I saw Backstage in Biscuitland a few months ago and it was really moving.

Cleaning isn't my forte, so maybe a steam cleaner will help me fix that. Once I move I'll have a lot of cleaning to do so I'll get it as my house warming gift to the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure