Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    There are so many things I want to achieve this year. I will list them all in my bullet journal but here are the goals most relevant to this diary

Debt
    -PAY OFF ALL DEBT IN 2017
    -Earn £2000 additional income

Creating more time (as I will have an additional job)
    -Giving up two soaps on TV

Keeping my spirits high and creating joy whilst I debt bust
    -Go to the theatre 12 times
    -Bake my godson a cake in my new oven (first get a new oven)
    -Swim in the sea

Investing in my house
    -The second bedroom will be decorated, floor sanded, bed in there and it will be beautiful
    -bathroom pipe fixed
    -new bathroom quote

Staying healthy so I can reach my debt targets
    -On work days, walk to and from station instead of getting buses at least one way every Friday and Saturday
    -Walk 5 flights of stairs when at work
    -Continue with my intermittent fasting so staving off diabetes and continuing to reduce my weight.
    -Use my garden as a green gym and create a beautiful garden

I am raring to go and hope you are too :D

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    NSD no.2 for me this year! :)

Today I struggled with not buying the handbag that I still want AND will be great for work AND is now reduced by 30% AND for which I have a credit of £30 so instead of costing £150 I will pay £75. JUST SAYING…;)

I worked on increasing my income by:

--completing 75% of a proposal that doesn’t need to be in until January 20th

--completing 20% of a job application (second job application) that needs to be in by January 4th

I made healthy food decisions today :)

Feeling ( a little bit) sorry for myself as I would LOVE to join a gym but the very best deal cannot be justified and takes me away from my DF target. :( I don’t know why I spent hours considering this when there is no hope…Once I am DF this will be a priority as I love to swim and I see this as an investment in myself. ;)

I hope you had a positive day today and if not do something nice for yourself as a little treat :)

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really wish I hadnt read this, you have reminded me of a bag I ha ve fallen for.

Gyms are a good ldea if you commit to going. If you love swimming and know you will go its probably the better idea.

Good luck with the proposal and job application.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You should maybe check any public health initiatives. I've just signed up for my second ten week course of twice weekly coached jogging for free.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have access to free and/or cheap exercise so I won't be joining a gym/health club but it's the swimming whenever I fancy, I miss most. When I am DF i will rejoin. Something to look forward to :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Happy new year :)
    Sam xx

Oh I'd really be tempted by the bag too!!
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Happy new year :)
    Sam xx
    Oh I'd really be tempted by the bag too!!
    Happy new year to you too Sam. :)
    Can you believe the beautiful bag instead of being decreased further has gone back to full price:eek: I got my leather cleaner out and spruced up an existing tan leather bag that is too heavy but will do until said bag is half price :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I had a full blown migraine on Tuesday night all the way through to today. It is on the wane now. The form I had been completing for my new income stream, so very nearly completed after hours of work was not finished as the deadline was yesterday morning when I was out of action. I have lost an opportunity there. :o So, writing the proposal for tutoring now as that was my plan B. :)

Today will be my 4th NSD this month/year. :)

Soup made :)

Washing done X2 and on the line.

I decluttered my scales a few months ago. They were taking up space and I had a bad relationship with them. If I went down in weight I would think I could ease off. If my weight went up I thought ‘all that work and I am still putting on weight.’ I want my brain to accept ‘this is just the way I eat now’. This approach seems to be working as my weight is decreasing nicely :)

I hope your day is going well
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just popping by..love the goals and boo to the bag :(

Have a great weekend
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I nearly bought the bag. :eek:

I got as far as actually putting the much coveted bag in my basket and tapping in 2 digits of the long number. Then I stopped and logged out. I had a strong coffee and then reminded myself: A NEW BAG WILL NOT CHANGE MY LIFE BUT BECOMING DEBT FREE WILL. ;)

I am on 5/31 NSDs. My target is 15. I can’t be bothered to join a challenge, so just going to log them on my diary instead.

I am craving chocolate but I will survive until tomorrow, too lazy to go out and don’t want to spoil a NSD

I WFH today and made chicken stock, a chilli, some quinoa and prepped some burgers too

Loads of washing up done (bore)

Sending something back to get a bigger credit on my favourite shop account so if the bag goes down in price I have enough credit to buy it. Obsessed? Moi? :rotfl:

Have a lovely weekend
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills