We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks milasave As you will see that bargains continue!

On my lunch hour I had my usual free coffee (2.20) and free paper (2.90) in a lovely Wait**** in a lovely area. (I love where I work) I purchased an orange (34p) as you have to buy something if you want to sit in. I took a flask of soup in to work and ate it before I went to lunch.

It was quiet when mark downs were happening so no grabbing to put me off.

I got free range chicken breast (2 in a pack) I never buy them as too expensive, BUT:

6.88 to 1.21
    6.77 to 1.22
    6.18 to 1.09

Hereford low fat beef mince

4.49 to 79p X4

Free range pork mince

3.99 to 49p

Welsh lamb loin noisettes (2 in pack)

7.99 to 1.49 X2

So, £53.27 for food, £4.10 for paper and coffee and I got the whole lot for my allotted £10!!! :T:money:

I had a chicken salad for supper with a whole chicken breast and it was lush

I’ve portioned up the meat and frozen it. If I don’t portion it I find I overeat. I will use mince to mix with quinoa and do stuffed slow-cooked veggies and this little haul should impact next months shopping budget too :)

3 good things

Bargains appeared when I had the money to pay for them :)

A colleague is leaving to pursue creative endeavours and I felt okay about it. For now, I need to work all the hours I can to pay off my debt. :)

Tomorrow belongs to me and my weekend begins :)

Happy Saturday reader
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds nice, a lovely weekend of bagging goodies, and enjoying the smaller things in life, like good coffee and a friend following the dream..

Have a good Monday x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A wet and windy start to the day.

Left a pen without the lid on, touching curtain and the curtain has sucked all the ink in :( I don't have another pair of curtains, so used stain devil but the stain still shows. Momentary panic, but will cut below the stain and use the shorter curtain in bedroom. Make do and mend :) :money:

Will hold out until August before getting new curtains for this room:(

Yesterday I had my pedicure. Feet delightful. Walking on air. So pleased I tipped the podiatrist £5 :eek: I think I thought I was the old me with lots more money :eek: (or no concern or acknowledgement that debt was a problem) I will get the pedicure money back from work as there is a small budget for such things :)

I am exactly 24 months from my debt free date. I know I am a long way off but I have thought about it for the first time. I know it will be summer now :)

I cannot afford the face tint I wanted. I got my fave hair conditioner instead, and I will do my own eyebrows. This saves me £30 as I feel I've been a little spendy already so I'm on the alert.

Have a lovely day :)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    What's a face tint?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    24 months is no time at all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I were to book a pedicure I'd have to make sure they have a belt sander first, it's been that long.:eek:
    They are fabulous though aren't they?!! I think I have a gift certificate for one though, so may dig that out and go.

How is the decluttering coming? I noticed that was a 2016 goal. I was gung-ho at the beginning of the year but now need serious motivation to get back on track. I got stymied during the paperwork....
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Hi DIA

24 months isn't that long at all. How quick has the last 24 gone? Or even how quick has nearly 48 months gone since the London Olympics? Maybe you'll have a little windfall, who knows :)

I hope face pack Friday happens this week for you :D

Amazing bargains in Waitr0se, well done. My local one is a bit too far to nip to :o

It's nice you can get your feet done through work, what a perk. Look after your feet and they look after you :D

Have a lovely week :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    What's a face tint?

It's called face and body foundation and it's as light as water, but I call it a face tint as it sits on the skin so lightly and doesn't 'cover' it's the only stuff that I can wear without feeling over made-up. I love it..:)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    If I were to book a pedicure I'd have to make sure they have a belt sander first, it's been that long.:eek:

How is the decluttering coming? I noticed that was a 2016 goal. I was gung-ho at the beginning of the year but now need serious motivation to get back on track. I got stymied during the paperwork....
    Ha, ha, your pedicure comment made me smile and yes, it was a little like a snow-storm :rotfl:

My decluttering has gone well but now I'm down to stuff that needs selling. I've given some excellent stuff to the CS but to further my decluttering I need to start eb*ying, but that scares me somehow...:(

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello DIA,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your curtains. How frustrating. I did find this though, in case anything in there helps you:
    http://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/how-to-remove-ink-stains/

I love the feeling of having a pedicure, after it's done. I find it a torture during the procedure as my feet are so sensitive!!!!

I completely agree with Orange Ena about how fast time will fly by. It's hard to see now, but when you get through this it makes it worth so much more and you really learn lifelong lessons.

Happy June to you!!!

MTxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family