We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    A lovely tribute to a great man
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My last day at work, again a difficult day ended a difficult working week. Very stressful. But that’s okay. I just need to have a good rest.

I’m planning to swim and sauna tomorrow. The last payment went out on June 1st so I can use gym until the end of the month and I will. :)

Disorganised lately and once a again today I succumbed to spending £5 on breakfast which is insane as I don’t spend that on supper! Think the answer might be a cold boiled egg with avocado as I saw it in Pret, so maybe…I’m doing well with lunches however and very rarely forget to take it.

Good news. I have a frying pan. A ceramic one from Lid*. It’s excellent. I have been without one for a few months, so I can make my buckwheat wraps again. Hurrah! :T:T

No bargains in Waitr**** and that’s okay too, because I got so many last week.

I didn’t eat any chocolate today. But I ate a whole 150g of crisps when I came in starving. I also ate Leon tart for breakfast!!! All because I wasn’t organised!!! :(

I’ve very little money left for this month so I will need to be strict now. :eek:

I still need to buy a few essential items, although not sandals anymore, using some I have already until next month ;)

I am thinking of a £10 challenge next week or maybe 4 NSDs. Going to have to do something or there’s too much month for the money…:(

I am also planning some creative time tomorrow morning first thing. :)

Happy weekend
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep plodding on DIA x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Brizzled. It will be plodding to the end of the month and that's okay :)

I’m sitting eating breakfast as I write. So nice to have the day. No alarm clock to jar me into the day. No travel schedules to check. Washing is in the machine as it’s going to be dry and sunny. I have stock being made in the slow cooker. Music in the background. Windows open. :)

I didn’t do great this week with breakfasts and having suppers prepped in advance and it’s led to some poor decisions for my waistline and wallet :(

I bought a bag of organic apples yesterday instead of chocolate. They will last longer than chocolate and do me better :)

The good thing about keeping a diary is I can pick up on mistakes quickly and get back on track.

Weekly menu
    BREAKFAST
    Out of the house
    Buckwheat wrap with humous and carrot or boiled egg and avocado
    At home
    Yoghurt, berries, date syrup and seeds
    Eggs

LUNCH
    Lentil, tomato, kale and chorizo soup (lunches). Or, leftovers from night before.

SUPPER
    Thai red chicken curry, quinoa and garlic kale
    Mackerel, sweet potato chips, salad and tahini sauce
    Quinoa and minced beef stuffed peppers, salad and black eyed bean salsa
    Curried quinoa and red bean burgers with corn on the cob, black eyed bean salsa
    SUPER SALAD: Celeriac, carrots, onions, tomatoes, peppers, avocado, quinoa with mackerel, boiled egg and tahini dressing
    Mediterranean chicken and roast veggies
    Thai veggie curry, quinoa and roasted cashews

So that’s food planned. My goals for today are:

Household
    (gardening, hoover stairs, make soup, make buckwheat wraps)

Wellbeing
    (swim and steam)

Creativity
    (2 hours of creative work)

Off to make a cup of tea
    Have a lovely Sunday reader
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I’ve been struggling this week wellness wise. Sunday I didn’t achieve my goals. I just made some soup and lazed around the house. When I feel unwell I sleep lots and drink loads of water and usually it passes. Yesterday I managed a stressful overbooked day by prioritising and binning the party I was looking forward to. I ended up sick anyway as the appointment I attended overran and I went twelve hours with only an apple and an orange. It was meant to be 5:2 but it was badly organised and pushed me into migraine. :(

Sunday was a NSD :) and yesterday was low spend. An orange, some chocolate, (dark and I still have it) and some water £3 total.

Today will be another NSD.

Day began with unblocking my toilet after 24 hours blocked. Before I would have definitely called a plumber, but I did it myself after consulting youtube. A yuk job but I feel pleased with myself for doing it myself :money:

I feel rested and okay and it is another day so onwards and upwards ;)

Red beans on and bubbling away ready for red bean burgers. My stuffed peppers are prepped and ready for the slow cooker. All my soup made on Sunday has gone as I used it for main meals too, so making it again as it was delicious, although this time I’m adding grated celeriac and red beans. :)

WFH today, so I’m going to keep moving so I end up organised and clean and tidy on the domestic front :)

I deleted a blog I used to read on frugality as I realised the blogger has made being poor noble and rewarding for it’s own sake and it was irritating me

3 good things

I had coffee with my godson after my appointment

I helped a friend who was very thankful

I nearly had a full blown migraine but in the end it went into remission.

I'm looking forward to a day of feeling well and making progress and not spending.
    I wish you a good day too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    A great start to your week DIA. Well done on pushing that migraine back too!

I think your mindset shows really well based on deleting that blog! You're doing so well.

Enjoy your WFH organised day. MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement MT :A

Lots achieved today as predicted this morning :)

washing up x1 x1 x1 x1
    ironing and packing away clothes
    sewed hole in fave cardigan
    soup made, in jars and in fridge
    red beans cooked, in jar in fridge
    black-eyed beans cooked, in jar in fridge (some frozen in zip bag)
    stuffed peppers made and in jar in fridge
    salad made and in fridge
    black eyed beans cooked, jar and in fridge.

Very productive today despite very noisy building work from 12-3.30pm. Work not stressful today.

Phoned bank for a redemption statement just to see :)

Burning grapefruit oil today to brighten me up. :)

Loads of nutritious food prepped and in the fridge. I should be able to get through the end of the week without making poor food choices and wasting money this time :)

Started my 50p and £2 coins jar. I decided on those coins because they are rarer to come by so I’m more likely to save them. The first 50p has gone in! This is my emergency money ;)

I find good days often follow not so good days these days :)
    I hope your day was good too
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you have had a better day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yesterday I cleaned my loo to within an inch of it’s life. It looks and feels so lovely. It’s a little room and I have some paint spare. Inspired by MT I’m thinking it might be a nice place to practice painting and maybe add a poster in there?

I have lots of fab posters and art.I really need to find a way to frame and hang them. I have decluttered the paintings and frames I no longer want.

Dumped another tupperware container. I’m replacing all plastic slowly and got Lid*ls stainless steel bowls with lids. They cost £5 for 3 in IKE* so good as they have lids. Very pleased with them. Total bargain. I’ve also switched to no toxic cleaners. I use vinegar too, but I LOVE Method. I buy when it’s on offer and stock pile as it isn’t cheap, but I feel better not having toxic cleaners as they affect my breathing. :)

Thinking about the additional job I was going to take on. So glad that didn't happen. I seem to have bounced back, but some days I rarely have energy for the job I have. the universe knows best :)

It’s a WFH day today. I’ve had 2 NSDs this week but planning to go to the shops after work with a list and have a coffee in Nero.

The money smart action I am committing to today is to find 3 items and take their photos. I find selling online scary so I thought it might help to break the process down into manageable chunks.

Have a good day reader
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're still rocking it DIA. Definitely get the toilet room painted and a little picture up. If you know the measurements of the posters and art you have then lots of places should be able to supply a frame fairly easily? I found 2 lovely cute pictures at the weekend that I'd bought for the bathroom, and then forgot about. So I'll be buying frames for those very soon!

Happy WFH day again. It's so good at keeping you organised, isn't it?

Happy Hump Day! MTxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport