Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,707 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Wednesday:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday:)
    Thanks Beanielou, you too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    You're still rocking it DIA. Definitely get the toilet room painted and a little picture up. If you know the measurements of the posters and art you have then lots of places should be able to supply a frame fairly easily? I found 2 lovely cute pictures at the weekend that I'd bought for the bathroom, and then forgot about. So I'll be buying frames for those very soon!

Happy WFH day again. It's so good at keeping you organised, isn't it?

Happy Hump Day! MTxx

Thanks MT, yes, I achieve more on the home organisation front on a WFH day than I do on a day's annual leave. That's a good point about measuring frames, I'll do that.
    Happy hump day to you too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That's a great effort this week. Well done you :T

I agree re collecting £2 coins....and they soon mount up

Have a great eve
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you've had a good day and found some items to photograph for sale. Even if you just do one, it's a start and you'll get money and space back. Are you going to try eb@y? Or one of the others?

And we'll done on unblocking the loo, I had to do that last year after watching a very helpful youtube video. It's amazing what you can learn on there :) I taught myself how to knit after watching a video :T

Enjoy the rest of the week :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • sunnyoutlook
    Options
    Hi DIA, have been reading your diary with fascination on and off for the last couple of days - love the meal planning and delicious creations you always make! Have you thought of starting a food blog? :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Lots of encouragement from lovely people. Thank you x Funny how it arrives just when I need it most.
    Sunnyoutlook thank you for reading and appreciating my food concoctions. A food blog? It’s funny because Rosa said the same thing. Maybe it’s an idea to think about…
    Orange Ena. I’m pleased to say I took the photos of 3 saleable items. :T Thinking of gumtr** or sch**ock to start and eb*y as a last resort as it seems complicated and fraught with obstacles. Thanks Brizzled for encouragement too :)

It’s official I am fine when I WFH and I lose the plot on the home front when I have to go into the city to work. I had a training course today and I felt like a free range chicken forced to be caged. I hate being inside all day, sitting still, working to someone else’s work plan. I got irritable and edgy today. I’m still not 100% well and that doesn’t help. :(

Being debt free is about having options for me and if I were debt free i would go down to a 4 day week so I can have a creative day too...

I’m thinking of starting to meditate. I hear it’s calming and de-stressing. I have clients who are in difficult places sometimes and it transfers to me, maybe meditation is one of the ways to deal with this. Tomorrow I have an hour with a work counsellor so I’ll address that there.

I took photos of 3 items to sell. My next step is to list them. I plan to set up an account and do that on Sunday when I am off work :T

I bought organic, dried apricots today. They are the lowest GI dried fruit and should stabilise my sugars better than raisins. Quinoa with finely sliced apricots, red onions, toasted seeds and mint from the garden…yum, and good for me too. :)

A scary letter relating to my debt from Barcl***. I need to speak to my own bank again to see if there is a better solution for me. I have 6 weeks to seek better finance that won’t result in a blemish on my credit file and a legal default/charge. This scares me, but I need not to be scared and be informed instead. :eek:

Two weeks to pay day when I can make a payment on my debt again, roll on…:)

A tough day, hoping for a less tough day tomorrow ;)
    As the working week draws to a close, I wish you well reader x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,707 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I chant.
    It helps a lot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I rant. It keeps my team amused
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A busy day in the office...

OK, so the plan is: with the money from cancelling my gym membership I will pay for my dental hygienists appointment. It isn’t too bad as I am only a month later than usual. I usually hate going but this time I’ll keep in mind how much I’d hate it more if I couldn’t go.

I didn’t pick up any bargains this Saturday as there were none. That’s okay as I have stuff anyway from my haul 2 weeks ago. I bought a cauliflower for £1 as I am going to make raw cauliflower tabbouleh and spicy meatballs tomorrow. I saw Hemsley and Hemsley make it and thought yes, I could go for that. The nice thing is it can all be eaten cold too, so good for packed lunches.:)

I am on a training course on my day off on Monday, so I only have a Sunday off this week to turn my chaos around before getting back in the rat race:(

I’m not 100% sure of my menu for the week but tomorrow is a food prep day.

Tomorrow I will make

raw cauliflower tabbouleh (using mint from my herb garden)

tahini sauce

lentil, tomato, kale, and chorizo soup (a huge success last week)

spicy celeriac and beef meatballs

anchovy, garlic, tomato sauce

stuffed peppers (minced beef, quinoa)

salad of shredded peppers, red cabbage and dried apricots

It’s funny how starting my savings jar of £2 coins and 50p pieces has made feel less anxious. It represents safety for me :)

What my savings can do right now

If there was an emergency I could get 2 buses to somewhere…

3 good things

I have more energy today:)
    Transport was on my side today:)
    I gave myself permission to stay home all day tomorrow and do whatever I please

Happy Saturday
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills