Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I swam today and it was delightful. ;)

Then I found the last In Style magazine and it had the black eyeliner free that I wanted.:T

Then I met a friend who has leads for workmen and they are all trades I need. :T

Then we had coffee and chatted and caught up on life and discussed problems we were both experiencing.

Then I admitted to debt and my plan to repay it in 2 years.:p

Then she admitted to debt herself and her plan to repay it in 4 years!!!

Then we went to Lid* where I got a stainless steel kettle (no more boiling water in a saucepan as if I am on a permanent camping trip) :D

Then I came home and decided I will be creative this evening instead of watching any TV :)

Then I felt better :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes!!!!! What a great day!:T
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,456 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    My day off and more exercise. :T A yoga class, a swim and steam with a friend. I’m glad we made an arrangement as I would have bailed if I hadn’t. For some reason I can let myself down but not others. We had coffees after and my friend paid. I used a guest pass to allow her a free day so I didn’t feel guilty.

I spent £3 in fares.

WFH tomorrow so hope to get lots of home organisation done too. :)

Beef and lentil chilli made tonight ready for tomorrow :)

I am planning on 3 NSDs in a row ;)

On Friday I am getting my first organic veggie box delivery total cost £14.25. :)
    However, I am not doing an online shop this month. I should be able to get away with a weekly Ald* shop. I plan on a £125 shopping budget this month. I budget for £140 a month but I definitely exceed this so it’s more like £170. I know…

I am going back to a monthly organic delivery. I’ll set a £15 budget

The new plan is to shop for the week on Monday after my Saturday yellow sticker scout. I’m going to try taking out £110 out at the start of the month, putting it in a jar, portioning it out at £27.50 a week. I’m even going to keep a separate purse for food shopping ;)

I’m feeling well and looking forward to reducing my debt on Friday. In July my debt will be in the 18s, something to look forward to

Thanks for stopping by
    DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding very good :D Impressive

xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wonderful food shopping plan. I think you will definitely be able to cut down your monthly totals.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • melvinderby
    Options
    Hello doingitanyway , it is really great that you are writing a diary to keep yourself debt-free. It is really an encouraging idea. I am glad that you are making progress :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post folks. Your comments lift my spirits :)

WFH today :)
    Did loads of washing up last night, so a head start on today :)

Washed swimming clothes —on the line drying
    Washed a winter woollen rug —on the line drying
    Ironing done
    Washing up X1 X1

Threw out an old stove-top coffee pot. I burnt it to oblivion. I call it vintage but in reality it is burnt and old. Far from giving me joy it annoys me every time I use it. Gone now…:)

Decluttered 2 old handbags as they are a bit shabby and don’t give me any joy when I use them! A toiletries bag, 2 rugs and a lovely (objectively) scarf that was a present that I kept for 4 years when I didn’t like it to start with. I will drop it off next Monday when I do my weekly shop :)

I have a Rober** radio, purchased at great expense. It’s stopped working. I’ve tried to get a replacement from the company although I’ve had it a few years. They were MOST unhelpful. Rubbish customer service. It annoys me. :mad: Going to donate to CS too. Perhaps they can find someone to fix it and they can resell and make a profit. It is hard to give away but done it. Gone now…

Decluttered make-up bag

Made a salad to go with my beef and lentil chilli

I have a lack of clothes as they have less priority at the moment but I’m rethinking what I do have. I get down when I feel shabby. I used to pick up dresses from a lovely charity shop but the manager left and the quality isn’t there anymore. I need to find a new charity shop. ;) I have a gorgeous dress that I don’t wear as I need a slip as it is see-through. So I’ll buy one this pay day and then I can add a lovely dress to my summer wardrobe. I have a cardi I don’t feel joy for so I shall send it back to Bod** and use it for a credit for a cardi that does give me joy.

Today is a NSD. I have £2.50 to pay day (only 3 days) so it will have to be! ;)

Burning lavender all day today and lavender on my wrists in the form of a destress roller. :)

A good day for me. I hope it was a good day for you too.

Thanks for dropping by
    DIA xx

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Evening DIA :)

You're inspiring me with all the decluttering. I've kept hold of things intending to try and sell them but I think I need my space more than the £5 I'd probably raise. I need to read Marie Kondo pronto :)

Glad you've had a productive day.

Roll on payday for us both :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Don't forget to aim for cashback when purchasing that slip
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure