We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uncles Interfering Friend What To Do About It?

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Repeat what I posted previously, though this is the most improbable "See, I told you I was right" to date.
    LilElvis, I thought of your post as soon as I read the OP's 'update'. :)
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh bluelass. Your uncle sounds a right one. Narcistic and an inflated sense of self importance. Has he now gone in a home and has your aunt returned home. The post war generation babies are the worst for his but they call us 80s kids hey
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why have you resurrected a thread that's 14 months old?
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Bath_cube
    Options
    Because as a new member I have browsed the forum and seeing this I made my reply. Why are some members saying nasty things about bluelass posts.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    You browsed a forum and picked on a 14 month old posting.

You're having a laugh.

It's probably bluelass with a new username
  • Bath_cube
    Options
    No I'm not bluelass and I don't know her. I don't know what your problem is but if you try to bully me like you did with her you won't do it again.
  • pebbles88
    pebbles88 Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    No I'm not bluelass and I don't know her. I don't know what your problem is but if you try to bully me like you did with her you won't do it again.

Brand new to the forums & only just into double figures for posts & you're threatening other members?? :eek:

Why???
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    bluelass wrote: »
    I am calling round at my aunts this evening to see if she is ok. I got a call from one of my cousins last night and he was fuming and rightly so. My uncle got a taxi out to the pub last night as usual and my cousin phoned my aunt to confirm he had gone there and cousin decided to go into this pub to see how uncle gets on in there. Well my uncles face was a picture so im told. He has told people in there he cannot toilet himself and a really nice lady who is o the darts team takes him twice and obviously this involves taking his trousers down, and wiping him etc. He can more than manage to toilet himself and my cousinthanked this kind lady but informed her of my uncles old soldier routine and uncle was very embarrassed indeed. Not only this but my uncle has put on a considerable amount of weight and he has been telling the landlord he isn't getting fed properly at home and he is being given leftovers from dinners the landlord cooks. In essence he has been taking advantage of a lady helping him god knows why he wanted to pretend he couldn't toilet himself but my cousin who is fuming says it was for my uncles gratification as the women was a lot younger. My cousin returned with my uncle back at my aunts and told her his findings and she is livid and very upset. He has been told to alter his ways or she will be going to stay with one of my cousins or get a nice flat of her own. The lady who had been helping him to the toilet had been wiping and cleaning him up too therefore purely for attentive needs rather than practical.
    Sorry but I think this is a load of nonsense.
  • Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    bluelass wrote: »
    I went to see my aunt earlier on and stayed just over two hours. As soon as I arrived just before 7pm my uncle started crying and told me he had not been fed anything and tried to grab the box of chocolates I had bought for my aunt. A plate of more than acceptable food and a drink was on a table next to him and aunt said he refused to eat it. When me and my aunt were talking he was shouting and accusing her of neglecting him which is rubbish anyone can see he is well taken care of. My aunt told me he has been like this for over a year now and she has had enough. My uncle stood up ran to the front door opened it and started screaming for help non of the neighbours responded and my aunt phoned my eldest cousin and asked him to come over as he only lives a short distance away. He carried on screaming until my cousin arrived and I was amazed how quick uncle could move as he has been limping and dragging himself along everytime I have seen him. My cousin arrived and told him to stop it and he wouldn't stop so my aunt went upstairs to get some things together and my cousin agreed she should leave and stay with him and his wife for a short time. Whilst they were upstairs getting her things my uncle asked me to toilet him to which I replied no you can do it yourself and he deliberately wet himself. When my cousin and aunt came down he got told off and to go and get changed which he refused to do. He then told the three of us he had enjoyed the attention from the woman in the pub because my aunt gives him none. As you can imagine my cousin and aunt got very upset with him and my cousin called the out of hours SS adult care to give them an update and that my aunt is at breaking point and would be leaving. We also discovered my uncles so concerned friend has been taking advantage of him. When he picked him up in the taxi to go to a pub less than a mile away he told uncle it was £10 and he had been giving the man £20 every time they had gone out.
    Yep, yep, of course.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Just to point out that the OP - bluelass - hasn't logged in to MSE since June 2016.

Pity really, her threads always provided entertainment, although some of them were eventually closed.
    I recall the Munchausen's Syndrome one.

I miss bluelass.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills