🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Uncles Interfering Friend What To Do About It?

Options

Comments

• pebbles88
    pebbles88 Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    What ?
    Leave a Pippa Middleton lookalike for someone else ?
    Surely even a fantasy husband wouldn't do that !!!

(I serious doubt he exists any more than any of the other cast of characters we are hearing about do)

I know, but I bet Pippa is high maintenance.... :p

It's worrying to to think that someone would 'think' these things up though! I hope to goodness that these events aren't real. As I can't believe that someone could be so 'sweeping & offensive' over very serious situations..... Mental health, people needing care as they get elderly, as they really aren't things to discuss/judge such as bluelass has.
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just to let everyone know (including the naysayers). My aunt and cousins have uncovered a fair bit of deceit on my uncles behalf over the course of last week. He had applied for and received high rate disability pay to which he hasn't been entitled eg he told the DWP he needed to be spoon fed, washed etc. One of my cousins found a letter hidden by uncle asking him to go for a interview about his circumstances dated last October. When my cousin spoke to someone about this over the phone he was told that my uncle had been caught telling DWP untruths and they require him to go in to see them. Not only this but the lady whom had been helping him to the toilet in the pub had been bathing him once a week whilst aunt was at a social club. He had told the lady no one in the family cared about him and my cousins discovered she is the partner of the landlord of the pub uncle went to. Im told she is very upset about being made a fool of and the landlord has asked my uncle not to return. He had made out he was a hard done by old man when nothing could have been further from the truth. My aunt has decided to split from him and as they own their ex council house will have to seek some legal advice. And she has applied for a lovely apartment in a newly built block for the over 60s nearby.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You just couldn't make it up

Or could you?
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    bluelass wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know (including the naysayers). My aunt and cousins have uncovered a fair bit of deceit on my uncles behalf over the course of last week. He had applied for and received high rate disability pay to which he hasn't been entitled eg he told the DWP he needed to be spoon fed, washed etc. One of my cousins found a letter hidden by uncle asking him to go for a interview about his circumstances dated last October. When my cousin spoke to someone about this over the phone he was told that my uncle had been caught telling DWP untruths and they require him to go in to see them. Not only this but the lady whom had been helping him to the toilet in the pub had been bathing him once a week whilst aunt was at a social club. He had told the lady no one in the family cared about him and my cousins discovered she is the partner of the landlord of the pub uncle went to. Im told she is very upset about being made a fool of and the landlord has asked my uncle not to return. He had made out he was a hard done by old man when nothing could have been further from the truth. My aunt has decided to split from him and as they own their ex council house will have to seek some legal advice. And she has applied for a lovely apartment in a newly built block for the over 60s nearby.

Erm no they wouldn't of done.
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Corelli
    Corelli Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    It would have been very wrong of anyone at the DWP to have told someone's son about the details of their claim.

VEGAN for the environment, for the animals, for health and for people

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." ~Albert Schweitzer
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Of course they have
    I completely believe everything you say
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    bluelass wrote: »

Absolute fantasy
    DWP aren't allowed to discuss matters like that without the express permission on the claimee
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    You just couldn't make it up

Or could you?

I blame the gin
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Regardless of anything else in this thread, I still don't believe the bit about the landlady of the pub toileting and bathing him.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    The OPs threads always go the same way. She starts by making sweeping, judgmental claims about another person's behaviour and is then challenged by posters, the majority of who disagree with or question her interpretations and assumptions. She then returns and posts about the "latest incident" which always seem to lend weight to her initial assertions. How very convenient.

Repeat what I posted previously, though this is the most improbable "See, I told you I was right" to date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport