£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Options

Comments

• tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    They continue to come out with wooly statements. I'll probably switch, set up a few DDs, pay in £800 a month and withdraw it in cash [then deposit it back into where it came from], until they pay up.

I'm going to pay in and withdraw straight away £800 on a monthly basis too until they pay up as under the original T&C it says 'monthly funding requirement £800'. Not going to use a switch for it though as TCB response above confirms not necessary. That said, Quidco are currently investigating for me a Coop decline of cashback where I definitely did comply with all the T&C (which were clear and did require a switch) so might take some work / pursuing to get the TCB one paid out.
  • neilsedaka
    neilsedaka Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After receiving the application approved email from the Coop, I received a phone call from a Coop branch 25 miles away regarding the new account, informing me of their switch service. I asked, was the switch compulsory and was told no, but I did not ask about switching specifically in relation to TCB cashback. I was also informed about other Coop Bank services such as credit cards and balance transfers which I declined. No hard sell, just information.
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Dear Mr. ....
    Thank you for your application for an account with The Co-operative Bank.
    Unfortunately, after careful consideration we are unable to open the account(s) that you have requested.
    Thank you for your interest you have shown in The Co-operative Bank.
    Yours sincerely"

:-(((
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Did any body else manage to bash 2 applications in last night ?
    Did one around 11pm through top cash back had to sign up for an account to do that. Took screen shots and URLs as I went , then made another application via quidco and put in a claim on their price match guarantee. The beauty of the quidco application although the T & C `s are onerous , they are at least clear and concise. Not heard back from quidco yet. Quite possibly still scratching their heads.
    Had the email this evening from TCB , that basically says they messed up but they will honour the cashback. So now I just need coop to play ball and give me 2 accounts. Going to be fun.

Forgive me for quoting my own post.
    Had a call from Co op introducing them selves (local branch) All though she didn't say anything specific, got the distinct impression I was being Quizzed as to my need and rationale behind the applications all most to the point that I must have made a mistake.
    :shocked:
  • tg99
    Options
    dalef wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I contacted Top Cashback and asked a few questions:

Asked if as part of the 'transfer to' term a switch was required:

Asking if existing customers can do the offer:

I am an existing customer and argue it doesn't specifically rule out existing customers.
    I have pointed that out to them and asked them to query it
    All the terms mention is: "Customers do not need to have another product with The Co-operative Bank to qualify"

And the 'OLA' reference number:

Did TCB come back to you on the existing customer point?
  • dalef
    dalef Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi tg99,

He is where its at so far
    Top Cashback
    I have now heard back from Co-op and you can have another account with them and still be eligible- as long as it isn't a current account.

Me
    It is a current account (and a savings account) I have with them.
    It appears that they are interpreting their own terms as new customers only. but again I must point out that it doesn't state anywhere in the terms that existing customers are ineligible.

The guy at TC is very helpful but its a 4 way conversation with him talking to OMG who contact Coop... Coop still not got back with a response.
  • tg99
    Options
    dalef wrote: »
    Hi tg99,

He is where its at so far

The guy at TC is very helpful but its a 4 way conversation with him talking to OMG who contact Coop... Coop still not got back with a response.

Thanks for the update Dalef.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    I'm taking the approach that although I am already a Co-op current account holder I applied and was accepted for the new offer, I'm funding £800 a month for 3 months even though I possibly don't have to and Switched an account even though I probably didn't have to.

As it tracked and was listed as Pending on TCB I'm just hoping it will all be validated as time passes and become Confirmed.

I'm not asking Co-op or TCB for clarification as I haven't been refused yet and if I did seek clarification I think Co-op will just make up various criteria that didnt exist before that might then stop me getting CB. A kind of if it ain't broke don't fix it but polish the handlebars approach!:)
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm taking the approach that although I am already a Co-op current account holder I applied and was accepted for the new offer, I'm funding £800 a month for 3 months even though I possibly don't have to and Switched an account even though I probably didn't have to.

As it tracked and was listed as Pending on TCB I'm just hoping it will all be validated as time passes and become Confirmed.

I'm not asking Co-op or TCB for clarification as I haven't been refused yet and if I did seek clarification I think Co-op will just make up various criteria that didnt exist before that might then stop me getting CB. A kind of if it ain't broke don't fix it but polish the handlebars approach!:)

As per your thread concerning nationwide and TCB. Co op really wont care. Not sure who mucked up with this promotion but it is either OMG or TCB either way Co op contracts out its promotions to OMG in an agreed contract, if somebody messed up further down the line it is their problem not Co op's.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Got the phone call from the co op bank the other day to see if everything was ok.
    She told me about something called co op rewards. Pay in £800 a month get think it was £5. Need to switch my other bank account to make co op my main one and need to switch 4 DDs.
    Nothing mentioned about the TCB cb though. So if I don't do the co op rewards and just leave a minimal amount in my newly opened account, should that be enough?
    tia :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport