• VeryMan
    VeryMan Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    so is this legit? is there a catch?
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The glacial pace of the TCB payout, combined with the rather basic online portal and 'faster payments' that aren't, puts Coop way up there on my list of donor accounts. Once I finally do get my cash from them.

I may hang onto one of the accounts I opened if I can get that everyday rewards thing working, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed...
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    The glacial pace of the TCB payout, combined with the rather basic online portal and 'faster payments' that aren't, puts Coop way up there on my list of donor accounts. Once I finally do get my cash from them.

I may hang onto one of the accounts I opened if I can get that everyday rewards thing working, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed...

I've been with Co-operative over 40 years:o

I've never had any problem with faster payments, either in or out. Care to elaborate?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 April 2016 at 7:46PM
    Options
    VeryMan wrote: »
    anyone care to answer me?
    Yes the offer was for real but it lasted less than 24 hours and you are 5 months late

Try http://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/
    currently £131
  • ratechaser
    edited 20 April 2016 at 10:00PM
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I've been with Co-operative over 40 years:o

I've never had any problem with faster payments, either in or out. Care to elaborate?

So maybe I'm being a little demanding here given just how many banks I have to choose from, but with pretty much all of the others, a FP inbound transaction is there literally within seconds (maybe a minute with Tesco). Whereas with coop, I can be hitting refresh on my account balance for up to half an hour before it gets there.

Yes clearly it's still well within the definition of a faster payment, but when you are doing your monthly shuffle of money around accounts, it's frankly a pain in the backside :D
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I have already cashed in 3 x £4 for simply setting up 4 DDs and cycling £800 a month through them. Online banking looks simple but it's perfectly functional - it does Faster Payments, DDs, SOs, and I have a contactless card. What more do you want from a current account? OK. Interest and cashback. That's why COOP aren't the only account I use. But I happily take their £48 per year, thank you very much, and I can wait for the £157-odd cashback for a while longer.
  • ratechaser
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I have already cashed in 3 x £4 for simply setting up 4 DDs and cycling £800 a month through them. Online banking looks simple but it's perfectly functional - it does Faster Payments, DDs, SOs, and I have a contactless card. What more do you want from a current account? OK. Interest and cashback. That's why COOP aren't the only account I use. But I happily take their £48 per year, thank you very much, and I can wait for the £157-odd cashback for a while longer.

I want a bank where my inbound faster payment is waiting for me as soon as I've logged on (after logging off from the sending bank)

Yes I did say I was demanding :D

As you say, interest and regular saver would be nice too. Sheesh, it's like they really don't want my fair weather loyalty ;)
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    just wish they would pay out!!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I want a bank where my inbound faster payment is waiting for me as soon as I've logged on (after logging off from the sending bank)

Coop is one of the many banks that does this. There's literally no UK bank that does not do this now.

The legal turnaround is "before the end of the next
    business day" .Despite of this, almost every bank will complete the payments within 2 hours, and most will be within seconds.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So maybe I'm being a little demanding here given just how many banks I have to choose from, but with pretty much all of the others, a FP inbound transaction is there literally within seconds (maybe a minute with Tesco). Whereas with coop, I can be hitting refresh on my account balance for up to half an hour before it gets there.

:D

Yes I did say I was demanding :D

I've honestly never noticed Co-op being any slower than any other of my multiple manual monthly shufflees.

It could be that at my age, I'm not looking for instant gratification, and am generally much less demanding:p

Sheesh, it's like they really don't want my fair weather loyalty ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport