£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    See the post before mine paid at 29 weeks.

You might be in this tranch of Payables then again......;)
    yeah man, checked and payable status. yippee!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yeay Mine's also payable :T:T:T:T
    (transaction date was 9th April)
  • pmjenkins
    Options
    Result!

My £40.40 cashback has been paid too - I've only been waiting since December 2015!!!
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Hope blf carries on his complaint though just to see what happens!

To: '...........
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 10:19
    Subject: RE: Your complaint about The Co-operative Bank Plc

Dear Mr .......
    I am pleased to inform you that we now have enough information to be able to start looking into your complaint.

I am also pleased to inform you after my involvement, The Co-operative Bank has made an offer of £100 in respect of the time it took them to resolve your complaint and the inconvenience it has caused you. Looking at the offer I feel it is fair and reasonable and it fits within this service’s guidelines for compensation.

Can you please let me know if you are happy with the outcome and I will arrange for a settlement form to be sent to you.

Kind regards

Yours sincerely

To: "@financial-ombudsman.org.uk>
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 11:13
    Subject: Re: Your complaint about The Co-operative Bank Plc (Our ref: 18870298)

ty 4 message

Bearing in mind had I accepted Co-Operative Bank October complaints response I wouldnt have got the cashback at all,

Someone else the post on MSE forum I highlighted within my complaint to FSO presentation who had his/her complaint resolved correctly in the first instance was offered 50.00 compensation

FSO presentation itself took me a long time together - I dont have a printer had to email it to someone to print off and post to me

In 2014 Cooperative Bank 100.00 account opening/switch incentive offered directly via a branch wasnt paid within that T+C timescale, three branch visits chasing it up, letter to Cooperative Bank CEO asked for 100.00 compensation which was accepted - delay was weeks as oppose to many months - only involved 1 letter from me.

Had Cooperative Bank resolved the shortcoming complaint a lot sooner and certainly prior to me being left with no other alternative than to put my case to FSO due to having waited 2 months for a promised " in due course" response that subsequently transpired was never going to happen then 100.00 compensation would have been fair and reasonable.

Within my complaints presentation I suggested 350.00, given all the circumstances outlined by me surrounding the issue/problem/complaint/unreasonable delay in paying out advertised cashback the T+C i met fully including having a pension/salary credit paid monthly to the new account I would be grateful if you could ask Cooperative Bank to consider 200.00 compensation to be fair and reasonable.

Thank you for your continued help with this

To: '
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 14:02

Dear Mr .......
    I have been in discussion with the Co-op bank.

They will increase their offer to £150 and that is their final offer.

The points you made in your email to me helped to present your viewpoint.

Can I let them know the £150 is acceptable?

Kind regards
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    To: '...........
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 10:19

Dear Mr .......
    I am pleased to inform you that we now have enough information to be able to start looking into your complaint.

I am also pleased to inform you after my involvement, The Co-operative Bank has made an offer of £100 in respect of the time it took them to resolve your complaint and the inconvenience it has caused you. Looking at the offer I feel it is fair and reasonable and it fits within this service’s guidelines for compensation.

Can you please let me know if you are happy with the outcome and I will arrange for a settlement form to be sent to you.

Kind regards

Yours sincerely

To: "@financial-ombudsman.org.uk>
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 11:13
    Subject: Re: Your complaint about The Co-operative Bank Plc (Our ref: 18870298)

ty 4 message

Bearing in mind had I accepted Co-Operative Bank October complaints response I wouldnt have got the cashback at all,

Someone else the post on MSE forum I highlighted within my complaint to FSO presentation who had his/her complaint resolved correctly in the first instance was offered 50.00 compensation

FSO presentation itself took me a long time together - I dont have a printer had to email it to someone to print off and post to me

In 2014 Cooperative Bank 100.00 account opening/switch incentive offered directly via a branch wasnt paid within that T+C timescale, three branch visits chasing it up, letter to Cooperative Bank CEO asked for 100.00 compensation which was accepted - delay was weeks as oppose to many months - only involved 1 letter from me.

Had Cooperative Bank resolved the shortcoming complaint a lot sooner and certainly prior to me being left with no other alternative than to put my case to FSO due to having waited 2 months for a promised " in due course" response that subsequently transpired was never going to happen then 100.00 compensation would have been fair and reasonable.

Within my complaints presentation I suggested 350.00, given all the circumstances outlined by me surrounding the issue/problem/complaint/unreasonable delay in paying out advertised cashback the T+C i met fully including having a pension/salary credit paid monthly to the new account I would be grateful if you could ask Cooperative Bank to consider 200.00 compensation to be fair and reasonable.

Thank you for your continued help with this

To: '
    Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 14:02

Dear Mr .......
    I have been in discussion with the Co-op bank.

They will increase their offer to £150 and that is their final offer.

The points you made in your email to me helped to present your viewpoint.

Can I let them know the £150 is acceptable?

Kind regards

Well done for sticking with it:T

Not over generous even so at £150, ask for £175!

What if you don't accept their so called 'final offer' does the Ombudsman just make a take it or leave it offer?

Thought the Co-op had nothing to do witH TCB but here they are offering compensation!?
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options

Not over generous even so at £150, ask for £175!

What if you don't accept their so called 'final offer' does the Ombudsman just make a take it or leave it offer?

Thought the Co-op had nothing to do witH TCB but here they are offering compensation!?

I didnt think it was generous let alone over .... :rotfl:

I took the "final offer" as didnt think I would gain any more than that, even a risk Ombudsman might decide 100.00 was fair and reasonable.

Real winner is the F.S.O if Cooperative Bank end up paying a 550.00 fee
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Real winner is the F.S.O if Cooperative Bank end up paying a 550.00 fee
    Did it get as far as an adjudicator (as opposed to being dealt with by their frontline staff)? I wouldn't imagine so? If it didn't, then I don't believe a fee is charged.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Did it get as far as an adjudicator (as opposed to being dealt with by their frontline staff)? I wouldn't imagine so? If it didn't, then I don't believe a fee is charged.

To: "'>
    Sent: Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 10:06
    Subject: Your complaint about The Co-operative Bank Plc (Our ref: 18oiio

Dear Mr .....

your complaint about The Co-operative Bank Plc

Thank you for talking to me today. I’m writing to confirm our conversation and let you know that we still await information from The Co-operative Bank.

My understanding is that your complaint is about the delay you experienced in receiving your cashback offer from The Co-operative Bank and how they responded to your complaint. At this point you have received the £125 offer but now seek compensation for the nine month delay. Please tell me if I’ve missed something, or if you have anything to add at this point.

My role as an adjudicator is to give an independent opinion on your complaint. This means I’ll talk to you and The Co-operative Bank, weigh up the facts of what’s happened, and then suggest a fair way to resolve the situation.

In most cases, we find a solution at this stage. This might be agreeing how the business should put things right – or sometimes that the business has already acted in a reasonable way. But if either you or The Co-operative Bank disagree with what I say, we can review your complaint and tell you our final decision. There’s more about how we work on our website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/index.htm.

I’ll keep you updated with my progress and ask you if I need more information. I’m happy to contact you by email – but let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

If you do get in touch, please use the reference ,......

Yours sincerely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport