£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Options

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't need to switch to get the CO-OP rewards just pay in £800 a month and have 4 DDs pay out to gain a £4 net reward.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    So if I don't do the co op rewards and just leave a minimal amount in my newly opened account, should that be enough?
    I didn't go for this deal, but the TCB T&Cs reproduced in post #3 seem to say you need to pay in £800 a month at least until you've got your cashback.

It's not clear from the above whether you were fully aware of that?
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I didn't go for this deal, but the TCB T&Cs reproduced in post #3 seem to say you need to pay in £800 a month at least until you've got your cashback.

It's not clear from the above whether you were fully aware of that?
    Thanks. No didn't know that. Might as well take out the co op rewards then, at least till I get the tcb cb :)
  • gocat
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    You don't need to switch to get the CO-OP rewards just pay in £800 a month and have 4 DDs pay out to gain a £4 net reward.
    Thanks for this. Crafty lady on the phone told me I had to phone her back if I wanted the rewards and to have my switching details ready. I asked her if I could do this online and she said no :mad:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this. Crafty lady on the phone told me I had to phone her back if I wanted the rewards and to have my switching details ready. I asked her if I could do this online and she said no :mad:
    She was telling the truth...you can't initiate the switch online (only in branch or by phone).
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Options
    You do have to phone or visit a branch to activate the rewards but switching is not a requirement.
    https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/currentaccounts/everyday-rewards
  • gocat
    Options
    Anyone got their TCB money back on this account yet? Mine still says pending in my TCB account :mad:
    tia :)
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anyone got their TCB money back on this account yet? Mine still says pending in my TCB account :mad:
    tia :)

one thread please
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    It does say '20 weeks' estimate when you click on it, and it's less than half that since the offer - so I wouldn't expect it soon.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Hello

I opened the Co-op account on the 4th January and did transfer to it at the end of January after the account was fully opened online.

I know that Topcashback says payment is normally paid about 20 weeks after transaction but has anyone actually had the payment confirmed yet?

Topcashback has just said that with bank accounts that there is no actual confirmed period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure