Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Jellie I do similar. Fitted wardrobe has 1 long part for coats, 1 long part for evening/posh dresses (I cruise when I can afford to) and the mid section has top and bottom hanging rails so at the moment I have summer stuff on the top one and winter stuff on the lower. I swop these rails over in May.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    I'll join you if I may with an annual budget of £300
    I have to replace a pair of "go walk" shoes by sketchers, the most comfy shoes I have ever owned, as my old ones are done to death and having tried alternatives I'm going back to the real thing. I also need a wedding outfit for August. Apart from that, I will need to replace some underwear and maybe a couple of "going out tops" for special occasions.
    Thanks in advance for allowing me to join you
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in. Today online I bought a cardigan and a strapless bra to fill wardrobe needs.
    I need new thermals to be bought next October, I know which I will buy.
    Budget for the year £250 which I hope to come in under! Am allowed to buy riding stuff outside of budget (my rules)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome new members - I have added you :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 January 2016 at 7:13PM
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    Lovely to see so many people signing up.

Mavvy - Great idea for us to post at least weekly even if we haven't spent. I'm going to add that to the opening post :T

I'm loving everyone's posts - they are giving me some great ideas.

I really want to enjoy my clothes this year and experiment a bit with my style. I'm newly self-employed & have more leeway .... this feels like fun!! :D

somerandom Glad you think its a good idea as I just thought if we were all being good with nothing to declare it would be a bit boring :rotfl:So we can post once a week with what we have seen and didnt buy and how we are feeling gutted to have walked away from the best thing since sliced bread even if we didnt need it or proud of ourselves ;)

I am also going to try and do 5 months :eek: without spending like Gem-Gem did last year (but think hers was 7 months so respect to her :T)

I am going to have to avoid the chazzers and all the bargains that lurk.and just NOT go shopping ;)

Forgot to add its great to see all the new posters on here so welcome and I look forward to learning about your non -buying habits ! lol

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'll join you if I may with an annual budget of £300
    I have to replace a pair of "go walk" shoes by sketchers, the most comfy shoes I have ever owned, as my old ones are done to death and having tried alternatives I'm going back to the real thing. I also need a wedding outfit for August. Apart from that, I will need to replace some underwear and maybe a couple of "going out tops" for special occasions.
    Thanks in advance for allowing me to join you

I have to agree re Skechers. They are the most comfortable things, but rarely reduced. There is a Skechers outlet at Ashfird outlet if you are near there.

I generally buy them when I am in the USA, they are really cheap there in the outlet. I bought a pair of memory foam slip ones and a pair of memory foam trainers for my friend for Christmas for £35 in total in November :D
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    Welcome new members - I have added you :)

Hello, can I be added too please?
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Clarey008
    Clarey008 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    I think this challenge could be harder than I anticipated. Today I bought some exercise leggings reduced from £16 to £4 and an exercise top reduced from £22 to £5. However I am not taking them off my budget as I said exercise clothes were exempt but I think that is me pretty much done for exercise clothes unless I need new trainers later in the year.
    I had to walk past all the normal clothes really quickly and I can see if I am not careful I will end up with a wardrobe of exercise clothes just to satisfy my urge to buy. I think the key will be to avoid shops as much as poss.
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    32b3in2013 wrote: »
    I have to agree re Skechers. They are the most comfortable things, but rarely reduced. There is a Skechers outlet at Ashfird outlet if you are near there.

I generally buy them when I am in the USA, they are really cheap there in the outlet. I bought a pair of memory foam slip ones and a pair of memory foam trainers for my friend for Christmas for £35 in total in November :D
    That's vey useful thanks!
    I have spied a pair of the slip on ones on eBay, brand new and a buy it now, but I'm not sure about the colour so will ponder for a few days. They are a good price though..............
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just thought I would explain my high budget to all the new comers :o
    Before I started this challenge I was spending at least £100 a month and some months it was more than that.
    So last year I was selling clothes I no longer wanted and was taking that off my spends. I must have sold at least £500 worth of stuff and still came in over my budget so in the cold light of day I must have spent at least at £1k last year :eek: So £500 is a lot less plus I have nothing left to sell as I am also a kondo fan so its all gone :rotfl:

So for me its a good step and I am going to stay under budget if it kills me :mad:

Just thought I would let you know :D

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family