Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• FunBrum
    FunBrum Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join please? I have 2 wardrobes full of clothes and that's without the drawers! The majority I don't wear, so this will encourage me to wear, up-cycle, or sell/donate them. I've been meaning to do this but have been putting it off!:eek:
    My budget is zero. I know it sounds harsh, but I really don't need anything!:cool:
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome All - I have added you to the members FunBrum - zero !!!!
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Somerandom. I'm in again but with restrictions instead of a budget.

I will only buy things that I NEED not want.
    I will check out the charity shops first before mainstream shops. (except underwear).
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm in again but haven't set my budget yet. Last year I followed the gist of my challenge but completely failed to track spending and post ! (We need a slapped wrist emoji)
    Over the last couple of years of the challenge I have definitely spent less and shifted from buying new to mainly using cc and sewing my own clothes. I have been doing project 333 for most seasons- selecting 33 items to wear for 3 months. Although I have taken some clothes to charity shops I move items not in my current 333 season into the spare room. At the start of each season i 'shop my wardrobe' and try and fill any gaps from charity shops or sewing. Drastic changes to my life situation over the last couple of years has shifted the clothes I wear and I am still adjusting to this and change in financial situation.
    I'm going to review spending from last year this week and set up my budget. Huge black hole will be my charity shop spends since they are cash buys. I'll do a guesstimate by going through my wardrobe.
    Rule 1 for this year will be get back to accurate tracking of spending! I'll post again when I have a better idea of my plans. In an ideal world I should go for zero spend but if I am that strict tend to rebel and splurge at some point. Realistically I will look at a small budget for charity shopping and possibly for material.
    Thanks to fedupandskint for starting me on this journey and to somerandom for starting us off this year.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 January 2016 at 10:18AM
    Options
    somerandom Thanks for running this thread again this year :D and thank you fedupandskint for running for the last 2 years

I am in and as I went over budget last year I will reduce it this year to £500 :eek:

I do need an outfit for a couple of pretty posh weddings this year but managed to pick up a lovely Planet long Pink smart jacket which was brand new for £3.50 :rotfl:at the end of December so that will be the main part of the outfit just need something to go with it.

So I wish you all luck and even if we dont spend (which is the point) lets try and update once a week at least :D Or no one will be posting as we are all going to be so good arent we :)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• FunBrum
    FunBrum Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Jelly.....project 333 sounds like a fab idea!
    I've often thought about moving my wardrobe about each season, so thats on the list for the next few days. Cheers for the idea! :T

Mavvymoo.....bargain with the pink jacket!:T
    I do mainly shop at the local chazzas, or tKmaxx but will be hitting them all on the head! I have a few posh ' designer' items that never go out of date and I can adapt to suit the occasion...hopefully. I've no weddings/christening etc to go to so far but the year is young, :cool:
    I'm feeling pretty confident, but once I step over the threshold of a shop.....who knows!:eek:
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to see so many people signing up.

Mavvy - Great idea for us to post at least weekly even if we haven't spent. I'm going to add that to the opening post :T

I'm loving everyone's posts - they are giving me some great ideas.

I really want to enjoy my clothes this year and experiment a bit with my style. I'm newly self-employed & have more leeway .... this feels like fun!! :D
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I managed to stay within my £200 clothes budget for 2015 so would like to join in with this challenge again please.

I probably need to replace a few things this year so I would like to set myself a budget of £250 this time.

Thanks
    Ellie x
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 January 2016 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Afternoon

I'm in again. I have the saved £300 already sitting in a separate account so that will be my budget. £25 per month. If I don't spend in one month the budget for the next month will be £50 and so on.....

I am determined this year :D

Good luck everyone.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I failed last year and just disappeared.

So I'm going to try again, I neeeed to try again, and go a Zero... but I need to lose weight which will mean I need new clothes so £1 for every 1lb lost, If I put it back on I lose the £1 too though.

except for underwear I desperately need new bras lol. x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport