🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Morning fabbers.

Just to let you know that Sainsburys 25% off has started in case any of you are wanting to get anything. I've been eyeing up the children's PJ's as they both need some.

I've seen somewhere that there will be two further 25% off events this year - end of October and the end of November, in case you miss this one.

Thanks chanie. If you have any influence over when the 25% off wine is, please let me know.:D:rotfl:

I might go over to the very large Sainsbury's a few miles away and take in the large Tesco's at the same time later in the week. A few weeks back there were some really nice bits featured in a newspaper article but I've not seen any of them in my local branch.

We're off to the local theatre tonight. I plan to walk so I can have a drink so that'll mean ballet pumps rather than heels. I'll probably wear black jeans with my dark green chiffon blouse. A cardi in my bag should be enough as forecast is OK at the moment. It'll be interesting to do a bit more people watching as like ellsbel said last week there are big changes in what people wear to the theatre.

I'm keeping up with the fabbing and even creamed my feet this morning.:)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

A wee bit brighter here today. A nice gentle autumn day. I have Physio later so I was up earlier and have got cracking. A nice healthy stew in the SC for tonight.

I love people watching too, but oh my don't you see some sights. The recent spell of hot weather really brought them out.....yes big bellies and all.......:rotfl:

I know this might sound a bit snobby but when did so many people stop caring what they look like or maybe they all suffer from "mirror blindness". Or maybe they see what they want to see (like my friend and the skirt - she just looked tarty but couldn't see it).

I can remember my Mother's generation would get "dressed for town". When they went into the city they made an occasion of it, getting dressed up, applying make up, styling their hair.

Don't get me wrong I am all for relaxed dressing but why do so many Brits get smart casual so wrong.

As you know I went to cinema on Friday night and then on to Nando's.. My companions were my DIL and her friend, both came straight from work.

Both wore dark jackets and trousers with a shirt. Fairly standard office attire. But the difference between them was astonishing. Both are pretty girls but whereas DIL looked stylish adding make up, bright red lippy, a nice bag and some jewellery and had swept her hair into a simple updo her friend looked pale, nondescript and dowdy. No make up, a cheap fabric bag the sort a student would carry, her hair which needed styling just hanging around her pale face.

DIL looked stunning and yet the shift from office daywear to evening glamour probably took less then 10 minutes. She really turned heads.

Same with people going shopping. How long does it take a man to put a shirt or a tee shirt on........:rotfl: do they really have to go out in what looks like their vests. Ok for a fit bodied 20 year old but not quite the same for a middle aged man with flabby arms and a huge beer belly. :eek:

Mind some of the women don't look any better......

Which brings us back to the core of this thread. It's not just vanity, it's also about pride and self respect.

Thanks for the Sainsbury's tip.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Thanks chanie. If you have any influence over when the 25% off wine is, please let me know.:D:rotfl:

You are so naughty!!!!!!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Morning fabbers.

Just to let you know that Sainsburys 25% off has started in case any of you are wanting to get anything...

Thanks Chanie - I got my skirt & a couple of tops but am not sure about the shape of one of them. I also picked up the boucle skirt i wanted from Mataland and this weekend will get my wintery stuff from the attic & will be creating outfits with all my clothes - and taking photos - hopefully I don't identify any gaps :p

I don't need any knee boots, having got some bargains from Shoeaholics in April, and picked up some western-style ankle boots from Asd@, so with my Converse & pink wellies my feet are sorted :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • maman
    Options
    Well done floss . You're getting organised with your winter wardrobe.
    Had a good night at the theatre. I wore narrow black trousers with my chiffon blouse rather than jeans and it was just right. I took a black cardi in my bag but only needed it to walk home as it was a warm evening. Looking around, most women were wearing trousers and a shirt or jacket. Those who wore dresses seemed to have gone straight into opaques although it didn't look right to me on such a nice evening.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning all

Well I was going to make today a I fasting but as I woke early and have already had to eat I don't think I'll manage it.:rotfl: Never mind I'll just make it a healthy eating day instead.

I think even on my non fasting days I am managing to restrict my calorie intake from its previous level. I am not actually calorie counting but let's face it you tend to know if you've eaten too much , even if you are not weighing and counting.

Grey and quite chilly here this morning. Autumn is definitely in the air. Still we are approaching We approaching the equinox so hardly surprising.

But yes definitely time to start sorting out those winter woollies.:rotfl:
  • maman
    Options
    It's strange LL but when you're mindful of what you're eating then it becomes easier to make wise choices. It's a bit like keeping a spending diary for money saving or doing MK. With SW, high calorie and carby treats are called syns and they are limited. I find myself being very choosy as to what I consider a worthwhile treat just like I think hard about wants and needs/do I love it before buying things.

I've been very good at my fabbing routine again today. All defuzzed and creamed including feet again. I need to make a hair appointment but my stylist has moved salons. I know where she's gone but not the hours she's working so need to fit that into diary.

Football tonight so, while I'll be careful with smart casual, the weather is the biggest consideration. Dry and about 17 degrees is forecast so I may be wearing a coat and socks for the first time in months.:(

Another sign that the season is changing is that I needed a bit of bronzer last night when I was doing my make up. Can't complain though as summer really has been extended this year.

Have a good day all.:)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Yes I've got socks on today too. The sun is trying to come out buts it's a very half hearted attempt.

I'm starting to look a bit peaky already so I am wearing bronzer too. I'm not sure about it though. I think now my hair is white it doesn't look quite right. I think I need a rose coloured blusher. I need to experiment.

This morning I have been playing with some new make up I bought last week. We now have a KIKO store. I bought some primer. It's called Skin Trainer CC Blur. I like it, it completely covers my cancer scar and does a great job of minimising the pores on my nose and chin and it really does blur the fine surface lines, although of course not the deeper ones. I need pollyfilla for those. :rotfl:

I need to try the foundation next. And I also need to get some touch! eclat or something similar. I do look rather tired and dark round the eyes at times.

I watched the film Carol last night, with Cate Blanchette. Now I know a lot of it is lighting but her make up is always flawless. She always has a "dewy" almost translucent look. I am guessing she uses a lot of illuminating products. I need to do some research......;)

Does anyone here use them.

Anyway she looked stunningly beautiful - as always.

I definitely need to put some work in on my skin. It is a far way from looking "dewy". :rotfl:
  • maman
    Options
    Kiko hasn't come to us yet LL but I'll look out for it when I'm in neighbouring cities. I have a Benefit product called Porefessional that's good for hiding large pores. The only highlighter I use is Benefit High beam. Lately I've been putting a fine line just under my eyebrows. When I'm a bit more made up I like Benefit Lemon Aid which is a sort of pale eye shadow but I find it brightens the eye area. Obviously I'm a but obsessed with their products:o. I'd suggest you go to the make up counters of big stores and ask for demonstrations. I'm going back to Clarins in October to have a make up demonstration. They did the skincare one for me a couple of weeks ago.

There's no obligation to buy. One of the things I do is when I'm planning to buy a product I need I always get them to demonstrate something else as well.

I'm feeling good about myself today. I was at a formal meeting this afternoon, one of three women and I know I was the smartest there:o. One looked so pale she definitely needed a bit of colour on her face, the other had a big cardi that looked far too 'comfy' IYKWIM. I wore the narrow black trousers from the other night with a charcoal jacket and then my bright red Reiss top to set it off. I'm still in light make up but just the lippy alone made me look more alert. This fabbing lark is definitely paying off.:D

It's been bright and warm for most of the day. I'm still wearing my Raybans. I'll miss them when summer finally ends.:(
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've heard good things about kiko too, although the store near me is so busy that it puts me off going in.

Today is week two of no children. DS has got a tummy bug and has been sick. He seemed fine this morning, so I took him in and asked the Deputy Head whether he should stay. She said they'd call me if necessary. So far, so good. This morning, I've been to the laundrette to wash a duvet, which is currently drying outside. Whilst it was washing, I took a quick detour to Sainsburys to check out the clothing. I'd seen a few things online, but wasn't impressed when I saw them in store.

LL remember we were talking about those fruit infuser water bottles? I needed a new water bottle for work and I found one with a sieve on top, so I won't need to buy two water bottles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport