Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't understand why people use the more expensive variable contracts, unless they will no longer need the fuel within 12 months. On a fixed tariff, some people think the price has gone up when they are asked for a higher direct debit payments . However, it is the price per unit that is fixed so higher payments mean that you are either using more fuel or have built up  a large debit because earlier monthly payments were too low.
  • Telegraph_Sam
    Options
    Or, and/or, because the supplier rightly or wrongly wants to increase your credit balance. The distinction can be vital!
    Telegraph Sam
  • Dakota_2
    Options
    I'm leaving Bulb for several reasons:
    1. Electricity price increase.
    2. Poor customer service.
    3. Increasing my DD beyond what is required so that I am
    providing an interest free loan.
    I've seen previous suppliers increasing DD's because they are in financial trouble. Ofgem are as much use as a chocolate teapot because they allow energy businesses to start without proper financial resources.
  • Capyboppy
    Options
    Dakota_2 said:
    I'm leaving Bulb for several reasons:
    1. Electricity price increase.
    2. Poor customer service.
    3. Increasing my DD beyond what is required so that I am
    providing an interest free loan.
    I've seen previous suppliers increasing DD's because they are in financial trouble. Ofgem are as much use as a chocolate teapot because they allow energy businesses to start without proper financial resources.
    Well put. I haven’t had to experience their customer service thankfully, but you are spot on about the rest. 
    I started my switch to Octopus last week. There doesn’t seem to be much of a saving, but anything is better than nothing. I did consider Avro but wasn’t sure about their reliability Their  standing charge is cheaper, but their tariffs are around the same as Bulbs. 
  • Dakota_2
    Options
    I'm leaving for Octupus too!
  • i was looking at octopus too but am getting confused with all the tarrifs they have any  reccomendations?  also inhave seen there are refer a friend notifications too with them same as in bulb 
  • Dakota_2
    Options
    I used the Money Saving switching service to get the right tariff. The saving isn't huge, but I'm wary of the "newbie" fantastic deals. I was with one of the newbie companies and suddenly out of the blue they wanted to massively increase my DD. I decided that they were in danger of failing so I canceled my DD and left. Three weeks after I left they went bust, they still owe me £2.50. I chose Octupus because they are not a newbie and they have a good customer service reputation their direct debit suggestion was spot on.
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2020 at 2:23PM
    Options
    POSSIBLE WARNING
    I’ve just had a phone call from Bulb but not sure if genuine. They wanted to discuss my account/leaving but also wanted to confirm my details.  Quick as a flash with not being sure if genuine or not,  I turned it round on them. I said, “so you want to confirm my details to me?” This seemed to  throw the foreign sounding girl. I said,  I “don’t give any information on unsolicited or unexpected calls”.  She said in that case she couldn’t continue. 

Has this happened with anyone else?
  • pchelpman
    pchelpman Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not me. Yet. I switched off the Bulb and left for Octopus last week. I'll post here if I get such a call. Thanks  for the heads up.
  • Elvie100
    Options
    Capyboppy said:
    POSSIBLE WARNING
    I’ve just had a phone call from Bulb but not sure if genuine. They wanted to discuss my account/leaving but also wanted to confirm my details.  Quick as a flash with not being sure if genuine or not,  I turned it round on them. I said, “so you want to confirm my details to me?” This seemed to  throw the foreign sounding girl. I said,  I “don’t give any information on unsolicited or unexpected calls”.  She said in that case she couldn’t continue. 

Has this happened with anyone else?
    I am switching and have missed two calls from them, both times leaving a message about wanting to talk about my account and will call back in a couple of days.  Have not actually spoken to them.
    L

Was MFW#60 - mortgage paid off December 2021
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport