Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Capyboppy
    Options
    Elvie100 said:
    Capyboppy said:
    POSSIBLE WARNING
    I’ve just had a phone call from Bulb but not sure if genuine. They wanted to discuss my account/leaving but also wanted to confirm my details.  Quick as a flash with not being sure if genuine or not,  I turned it round on them. I said, “so you want to confirm my details to me?” This seemed to  throw the foreign sounding girl. I said,  I “don’t give any information on unsolicited or unexpected calls”.  She said in that case she couldn’t continue. 

Has this happened with anyone else?
    I am switching and have missed two calls from them, both times leaving a message about wanting to talk about my account and will call back in a couple of days.  Have not actually spoken to them.
    L

Thanks Evie. Strange though the girl didn't at least try to persuade me. I didn't realise they would get so 'heavy' when leaving. Expected an email, but so far I've had an email, a text and the phone call.
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    They probably have a long list of customers to contact and have been told to just move on if it might be a difficult call
  • Dakota_2
    Options
    I'm leaving Bulb for Octupus, as reported by others I've just had the call from Bulb. From the accent could be a foreign call centre (Indian I think), told them I needed to keep the line free for an important call (true) and got rid of them. I've now put the number on my phone's banned list.
  • Capyboppy
    Options
    They probably have a long list of customers to contact and have been told to just move on if it might be a difficult call
    That would make sense. Thank you.
  • Capyboppy
    Options
    Dakota_2 said:
    I'm leaving Bulb for Octupus, as reported by others I've just had the call from Bulb. From the accent could be a foreign call centre (Indian I think), told them I needed to keep the line free for an important call (true) and got rid of them. I've now put the number on my phone's banned list.
    I would agree it sounded Indian, but interesting she said her name was Vanessa.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Capyboppy said:
    Dakota_2 said:
    I would agree it sounded Indian, but interesting she said her name was Vanessa.
    Standard practice by most overseas call centres (and fraudsters).  They must think we're completely stupid: their accents give them away immediately.
    This deception achieves the exact opposite of what is intended: why would you trust anyone who lies to you in their first few words?
  • pchelpman
    pchelpman Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I had one a while back who was clearly Asian but said his name was Brian. Yeah right. Course it is. And I'm Father Christmas.  :D
  • Dakota_2
    Options
    He started with "Hello how are you" didn't let him get as far as his fake name as far as I am concerned he can foxtrot oscar.
  • Capyboppy
    Options
    Dakota_2 said:
    He started with "Hello how are you" didn't let him get as far as his fake name as far as I am concerned he can foxtrot oscar.
    You have reminded me that I think she did say, 'How are you?' But after saying she was from Bulb.
  • LizzieM16
    Options
    Same two calls in two days- one which I rejected and the other I ignored. Both times a voicemail was left saying they would ring me back. The caller was very hard to understand and the background noise was terrible. They wanted to put my bill up £14 per month, but my new deal with a different firm is an increase of just 70 pence per month. I really don't know why on earth they think I would want to stay with them. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback