Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. Have put a complaint into Virgin.

Luckily we were quite tipsy. So this helped with the flight.

The tower spa room was lovely. Nice view of the coaster at NYNY and some of the strip. It was amazing after being in the west wing rooms.

The hilton stunk of smoke. Maybe it is from old.

I would put pictures on but don't think I can from my phone.
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Rebecca-what a carry on!I'm so glad you managed to enjoy what time you did have. Here's to hoping your next trip will be less eventful :beer:
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • Raymondo111
    Options
    As we are not having a car and it's our first time in LV we were looking at the Monorail and the Deuce Bus to get around, we are only in LV for 6 nights so effectively 5 days so thought of getting the Monorail pass for 2 or 3 days and the 3 day bus pass. Any thoughts?

Ray
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Another good view is from VooDoo Lounge at the top of Rio. I think it's free before 8 or 10pm, not sure which. The entrance is on the second level of the Masquerade tower near where the Show In The Sky used to be.

I emailed them recently but can't find the reply. It opens at 8 or 9pm nowadays, and free passes can only be arranged by email in advance.

voodoovipsales@caesars.com
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another option for rooftop view experience we are looking at is foundation room. They have a happy hour, making it maybe better. Happy hour is called 'Nibbles and Sips' if anyone is looking it up.

If anyone has been I'd be keen to hear how it was too. :)
  • traveller
    Options
    Hi, considering going for 10 nights me and my 8 year old in April (Easter holidays) So we're talking early April. Has anyone gone at this time? Weather wise, what is it like and crowds ect. I'm getting a price of £719 each with expedia for indirect flights with AA and a room at either Luxor or Polo towers. Any thoughts? Thanks :)
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    traveller wrote: »
    Hi, considering going for 10 nights me and my 8 year old in April (Easter holidays) So we're talking early April. Has anyone gone at this time? Weather wise, what is it like and crowds ect. I'm getting a price of £719 each with expedia for indirect flights with AA and a room at either Luxor or Polo towers. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

We always go in April now. Weather is perfect but of course that can be a variable.
    You are seriously thinking of going for 10 days with an 8 year old? Fair play but I wouldn't do it.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Surely smoking rooms dont exist any more in the UK??? It's illegal to do so.

Also, sounds like you've got a £500 a head compo claim against Virgin, assuming your whole flight was on the one ticket.
    I think as Delta was the operating carrier Eu241 doesn't come into play.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    It does if the flight originated in the EU.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • traveller
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    We always go in April now. Weather is perfect but of course that can be a variable.
    You are seriously thinking of going for 10 days with an 8 year old? Fair play but I wouldn't do it.

Thanks 😊 Have you found going with an 8 year old for 10 days is too Short? We've been for 11 days on average each time now and always run out of time. This time with just the two of us, I'm hoping to get more done. This year, we hardly had anytime on the strip, as we we're just too busy,lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport