🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Raymondo111
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    Don't really suffer from jet lag on the way out...but coming home is terrible for me.
    I think if you try and get a couple of hours rest on the plane,then the excitement of being in Vegas gets you through the day.
    As its not much after noon when arriving,and the sun is shining,we just had a wash,got changed and went out like the day was just starting.

We were fine until about 9ish o clock in the evening.When the tiredness came over us we just headed back to the hotel,and straight to bed.

Our first ever visit to Vegas was a direct flight with virgin,we arrived at the hotel about 2 o clock....we thought well just have an hours kip before seeing the sites of Vegas...we both woke up,and it was nearly 10pm at night.So even if you don't manage a "normal" afternoon/evening out and about round Vegas,I would suggest staying awake as long as you can.
    The sooner you get used to Vegas time the better.

The last time we went to NYC we arrived early afternoon so unpacked had a wander then had dinner and went to bed about 11pm local time so roughly 4am UK time, slept really well and woke up at 8AM ready for the next day. From then onwards we tended to wake at our normal time so got into NYC time pretty quickly, coming back is the worst though, I just don't sleep on the plane so watch the films and then when we get home to the uk have about 3-4 hours sleep and get back into UK sleep pattern which is usually straight away.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always try to stay up until about 10 pm on the first day. That seems to start us off right.

We go for a long time, so the jet lag is really hard to deal with when we get back. Buy some melatonin in the USA and take that each night for a week or so. That should really help.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    nvh wrote: »
    not exactly near your hotel but Johnny Rockets and Peppermill are both cheesy diner type places. They're up at Fashion Show Mall and just north of Wynn respectively (I think they're a Johnnys somewhere else too but you'll have to google that) :)

there's a 3rd Johnnys at Flamingo food court, too.

But I would go for Peppermill - it's something else, we love it...and it's been in movies, at least the Fireside Lounge has been. The wait can be a bit brutal at peak times, but we think it's worth it. It's not exactly unknown, but it's a place we have taken several people who have been to Vegas before but didn't know about it - and they then take people there on future trips.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 11:00AM
    Options
    hi

I have sorta set my heart on going back to vegas next year, either solo or if my brother will let me pay for him he ll come as well !

anyhow i ve started doing a tad research in regards flights and i hope i can get some advice(again !:D)

at the moment the plan(for flights) would be from edinburgh flying down to london and getting one of many flights from london.
    At the moment i have only checked BA premuim economy ( World Traveller Plus) to ba and for the both of us( including flights from edinburgh to london and london to edinburgh in economy) is coming in just over £1700

Virgin on the other hand, for there Premuim economy(same dates) was coming in just over £2400 which does not include connecting flights so maybe have to factor in another £200 for us.

so my questions

Is the virgins product better than BA's product at PE level to justify the huge difference in the amount of money?

and what are peoples thoughts on BA's price, bite there hand off(£1700 for 2) its for 10 nights (2 june-12th june ) we d leave vegas at like 21 -30 on the 12th so maybe a whole day extra to enjoy vegas!!

On a side not, i have done a little research for my dates for the mgm grand and it seems that the 3rd of june is fully booked-anyone know why?

any advice most welcomed
    thanks
    bobbt
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Your brother is so lucky, what a lovely thing to do : ) I fly whoever is cheapest personally. I only fly virgin because of reward seats or price. I can't see how much better the service would be for such a difference. I'd go for BA. However, I'm talking about economy, so maybe not much help.
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • ag19lfc
    ag19lfc Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • Everynamestaken
    Options
    Saved me some money there with that link and the discount code. Thankyou all. Going to Vegas in early December and looking forward to it. Just need to find the best value way to get to the south rim of the canyon in a day now.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the link and the discount code. Finally a price the OH considers reasonable for the high roller.
  • Raymondo111
    Options
    Saved me some money there with that link and the discount code. Thankyou all. Going to Vegas in early December and looking forward to it. Just need to find the best value way to get to the south rim of the canyon in a day now.

Are there any problems with buying the vouchers from the UK? I would use a Halifax Clarity Card would this work?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family