We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Hotpoint urgent tumble dryer recall

1…1213151718…73

Comments

  • d0nna
    d0nna Posts: 134 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    JG1971 wrote: »
    Just accepted the offer of a Hotpoint TCM580BP as a replacement - it's virtually identical to my Indesit that's 2 years old. They didn't offer a repair at all.

    How did they get in contact with you please? Was it via email, phone or did you have to contact them yourself to get a replacement?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Within a few hours of tweeting these i received a phone call.
    https://twitter.com/HotpointSupport
  • d0nna
    d0nna Posts: 134 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Tinman wrote: »
    Within a few hours of tweeting these i received a phone call.
    https://twitter.com/HotpointSupport

    Did they offer you a repair or replacement please?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    d0nna wrote: »
    Did they offer you a repair or replacement please?

    I missed the bloody call.:mad:
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've had an e-mail update today estimating my repair won't be until March, I registered in November or I can have a choice of two hotpoint replacements for £59 or £99. It's unfair people with older machines seem to be automatically getting free ones, newer machines a repair.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    *zippy* wrote: »
    I've had an e-mail update today estimating my repair won't be until March, I registered in November or I can have a choice of two hotpoint replacements for £59 or £99. It's unfair people with older machines seem to be automatically getting free ones, newer machines a repair.



    Mine is 8 years old I had my repair 2 days ago...To be honest it's not been running for a couple of years due to a fault, Hotpoint have replaced all internal parts free of charge... Now got a fully working dryer....
  • d0nna
    d0nna Posts: 134 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Tinman wrote: »
    I missed the bloody call.:mad:

    Oh no! Not looking promising but I hope they get back to you!
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks poppie

    I wonder how they're working out who gets free ones then :huh:
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    d0nna wrote: »
    Oh no! Not looking promising but I hope they get back to you!


    I wasnt expecting it to be that quick after contacting them on twitter.
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    I rang the hotpoint service number listed on their website at the start of the week and have a service visit on Monday booked. The lady on the phone did say their dept dealing with this had been offering newer machines and if I waited I might be offered that but our machine is only a few months old with light use so told her we would just like the repair. They are texting with an ETA for Monday tomorrow night.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.