Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,236 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've just received my switching pack. First error, they have set me, and DD, up as dual fuel when I chose Electric only

Office is shut until Monday so unable to find out just how good CS is until then
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Farway.

We would like to look into this urgently to see what has happened and take action to resolve the matter. Can you please email your So Energy account number (found in your welcome pack) to complaints@so.energy and we can get our Customer Service Team to pick this up and contact you first thing on Monday.

Thanks
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Farway
    Options
    So_Energy wrote: »
    Hi Farway.

We would like to look into this urgently to see what has happened and take action to resolve the matter. Can you please email your So Energy account number (found in your welcome pack) to [EMAIL="complaints@so.energy"]complaints@so.energy[/EMAIL] and we can get our Customer Service Team to pick this up and contact you first thing on Monday.

Thanks
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team

Did this first thing Monday, had auto response same day, looking into it

In the meantime today, Tuesday, leaving mail from gas co, phoned them this afternoon & they will block the transfer
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Did this first thing Monday, had auto response same day, looking into it

In the meantime today, Tuesday, leaving mail from gas co, phoned them this afternoon & they will block the transfer

Good job the gas co had put a block on transfer at my request

This morning had e-mail from So saying a block had been placed on transfer, omitted to say whether it was gas or leccy. I hoped it was gas as per my instructions. Also said DD could not be altered

Having had no response from my Monday e-mail I phoned them

Very polite lady told me it was gas, good, and saw I had contacted them on Monday

Once I explained it then got sorted, and DD was amended downwards

Just a pity my original e-mail was not read and acted upon by a human in the first place, would've saved my 2 phone calls plus my and other peoples time
  • Pdubya
    Options
    Just signed up for my 3rd year with So Energy.Never had an issue with them.I send meter readings each month and work out my monthly usage/charge and compare to the statements which are always spot on .Highly recommened.
  • Simply_Ted
    Simply_Ted Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After having problems with other energy suppliers, I tried SO energy. They weren't the cheapest but they had positive reviews. I have now been with them since last October. They are very efficient and send me a bill every month. They have recently advised me they are looking at reviewing my D.D.payments to make sure I'm not left with a large debit. They have asked for a meter reading next month for accuracy. This gives me faith in them, unlike other companies who just shove up your D.D without notice. Any correspondence I've had with them has been very friendly and I thoroughly recommend them, a refreshing change from other energy companies.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Couldn't agree more Pdubya and Simply Ted. Very refreshing! I'm not intending to move in September and, costs permitting, will then enter my third contract with this efficient and pleasant firm.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • highet
    highet Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    first 12 months on hippo tariff up and have opted to stay with so energy on lion tariff - not quite the cheapest on the market but seem to be reliable supplier
  • graymanuk
    Options
    Just coming up to the end of my first year with SO Energy. In summary, very efficient and no issues with billing or anything else.

However, they are by no means the cheapest and my renewal rate with SO Energy is £60 a year more than, for example, Avro, Tonic or Bulb. Still mulling whether it's worth £60 (7%) to avoid the risk of poor service and/or switching problems.

That said, if service is top of your priority list and you're willing to pay a little for it, then SO Energy is a good bet.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brilliant service, easy to use website - moved away now but only to save money as Avro beat them on price. Could have stayed and the SO Lion tariff would have seen me pay £0 difference either way (so no savings but no extra cost either).

Would definitely go back to them - not a bad word to say. :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport