Add your feedback on energy supplier So Energy

Options

Comments

• lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 31 January 2018 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Still very happy with So Energy over sixteen months in (two contracts). The best customer service I've ever experienced from an energy supplier. I think it would be a grand idea for more of So's happy customers to write a review on Trust Pilot. The company deserves our support, given the number of companies who are horrors.

Edited to add: the other thing I really like about So Energy is that its on line meter reading page is intuitive. I have some difficulty distinguishing the '5' and the '6' on my meter and inadvertently notified '6' instead of '5' for the first figure. The web page came up with a dialogue asking me to check again as it seemed I'd used more than my average. Excellent!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lisa110rry wrote: »
    Still very happy with So Energy over sixteen months in (two contracts). The best customer service I've ever experienced from an energy supplier. I think it would be a grand idea for more of So's happy customers to write a review on Trust Pilot. The company deserves our support, given the number of companies who are horrors.

Edited to add: the other thing I really like about So Energy is that its on line meter reading page is intuitive. I have some difficulty distinguishing the '5' and the '6' on my meter and inadvertently notified '6' instead of '5' for the first figure. The web page came up with a dialogue asking me to check again as it seemed I'd used more than my average. Excellent!

Hello,

We are so happy that you continue to be very happy with our service.

Did you know that if you refer friends or family who sign up with So Energy you both get rewarded with £20? You can get your unique personal referral code by logging into your online account and sharing the link.

Regards
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lisa110rry
    Options
    Thanks for that Nilesh, but I prefer to just say nice things about companies who have been easy and accurate to work with!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
  • Cherokeebluesome
    Options
    Hi all, like a lot of posters on this thread we switched to SO energy in early December 2017. So far everything is ticketty boo and we are very happy to be with them. Would absolutely have no hesitation in recommending them.
  • dowagem
    Options
    SO Energy are the first small company I have signed up to and have been very satisfied so far. I have just signed up for a second year and in the last twelve months have recommended and signed up my mother and two friends. The signing on process is simple and clearly explained and you can see how it is progressing online. I have contacted customer services a couple of times and have had no problems getting through to a representative who has dealt with my enquiry in a clear and efficient manner. In my case I built up sufficient credit to warrant a reduction in monthly payment and this was arranged by SO Energy without any prompting by me. Like most energy providers SO Energy rates have increased and I could save by switching but not enough to be worthwhile this time.
  • dwynwen
    Options
    'In my case I built up sufficient credit to warrant a reduction in monthly payment and this was arranged by SO Energy without any prompting by me.'

The opposite is happening for me. Even though I am in credit, they want to up my monthly payments from £32 to £51! I have just submitted an up-to-date reading but they have not updated my forecast usage based on this. Instead, my forecast usage and monthly payments are still being based on inflated estimated use. E.g, over an eight month period, they estimated I'd use 2,110 kw, but I only used 1,285. Quite a significant difference! They still seem to be basing the next four months on the estimated figures rather than the actual. As such, they want the higher monthly payment. Not right. Waiting for someone to get back to me.
  • So_Energy
    So_Energy Posts: 47 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dwynwen wrote: »
    'In my case I built up sufficient credit to warrant a reduction in monthly payment and this was arranged by SO Energy without any prompting by me.'

The opposite is happening for me. Even though I am in credit, they want to up my monthly payments from £32 to £51! I have just submitted an up-to-date reading but they have not updated my forecast usage based on this. Instead, my forecast usage and monthly payments are still being based on inflated estimated use. E.g, over an eight month period, they estimated I'd use 2,110 kw, but I only used 1,285. Quite a significant difference! They still seem to be basing the next four months on the estimated figures rather than the actual. As such, they want the higher monthly payment. Not right. Waiting for someone to get back to me.

Hello Dwynwen,

Prior to the reading provided to us on 20th February 2018 the last readings we had from you was in June 2017. Therefore your account has continued to be billed on estimates. Based on these industry estimates your account was in debit which is why we contacted you to advise that your current payment amount in inadequate and we need to increase them from £32 to £51.

You provided us with readings on 20th February 2018, two days later our Payments Manager contacted you and agreed to reduce your payment amount to £28 per month based on the readings you provided.

It is important that customers provide us regular meter readings to prevent the payments being increased unnecessarily. This can be done easily within a few minutes by simply logging in to your online account.

If you still have any further concerns please send us an email to complaints@so.energy

Regards
    Nilesh
    So Energy Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of So Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lisa110rry
    Options
    So Energy can only be accurate if you provide regular readings! Seems to me they came through once again, once they had your reading. I do my readings every month on the 14th and every month on the 15th, get my account for the month. Last year, at the six month stage (March, next month), I had less than one month's payment in my account, so So Energy wanted to increase my payment (their t&cs do clearly state they want you to have one month's credit), but because we were going into the warmer period and I provide regular readings, they agreed to waive this. I did have a credit sum in my account at the end of the contract, but rather than roll this over to my next contract (I stayed with them), they provided me with a very prompt refund.
    ― Julian of Norwich
  • CATH4343
    Options
    Well I never thought I'd stay with an energy provider but I've just signed up for my 3rd year with So Energy! Yes I could have saved a small amount with another provider BUT I have never had a company be so straight forward to deal with, very quick to respond to queries and genuinely concerned if you're not happy with their response. I'll give you my example:- I had accrued credit (due to both sons leaving home - was it something I said :p?) I was confused then as to why my renewal payment was going up so I asked. The reply I got explained about the rate increases. (Still confused!) I was asked if I was happy with the response I'd had (mini survey to check customer satisfaction) so I said no I felt I'd not had my question fully answered. Within 24hrs the original person had emailed me back to say that he was sorry he hadn't fully answered my query and further explained that when calculating the new monthly payment it is done based just on energy usage and that as I had accrued a large credit I could choose to have it back on renewal (allowing for one months d/d payment to remain) OR all back if I chose another provider.
    So Energy in my opinion CARE about their customers and that is important to me. They are easy to contact and quick to reply so yet again I am a very happy customer who happily recommends them.:T
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I was searching for the So Energy thread, never found it, and up it pops today

I opted yesterday to jump across from Iresa, and I may be the only one who has never had trouble there

I'm going electric only at the moment, had a confirmation e mail but no switch details as yet. My tariff is one negotiated using local council bulk switch. It works out about £20 year more than the fixed Iresa one I could have used, but thought service may become important later, even though I've rarely needed it with any supplier, including the days of nationalised Leccy
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback