3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• lexbubbles
    Options
    Everyone's doing really well!

Put a couple £ fleabay profits over (splitting it between this and another fund) so now I'm over £1,400!

New total: £1,400.68 / 4600 (30%)
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi Helen

Just added £185 to my ISA. I will edit my signature now x
  • Brass_Triumphant
    Options
    £50 added after payday earlier this week

Gave a great weekend all
    3-6 Month EF #33 £450/£5000
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 January 2016 at 11:38PM
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is ticking along nicely. DreamerHelen, i hope your grandad gets well soon.

#5 total now stands at £664.79/£3000 (22.15%)

I planned on putting the difference between my old and new wage into my 3-6 EF, however over christmas i realised that i hadn't been on holiday.. a proper holiday in around 3 years. I love to explore, I'm constantly walking, hiking, climbing etc and have no children so can just up and go for a few hundred quid... so I've decided to try and put some of the difference into a holiday fund, as without an adventure i go stir crazy!

I do have a syncing fund set up for big costs which should stop me touching my EF and this 3-6 EF, so really anything i have left after paying bills etc goes into this fund.I feel I'm getting my feet on the ground in terms of my finances now and building up slowly but surely so happy with my progress.

I have also started walking to work on the days i definitely don't need my car so anything left over from this will go in this fund too.

My aim is to have my fund filled by the end of the year whilst also slowly adding to my new car fund. A lot going on but all going in the right direction so far.

My car is also booked in for MOT tomorrow :eek: I have £100 put aside to pay for the MOT and anything small that may need doing but I'm hoping it will pass as i haven't noticed anything wrong at all. If so, i should have extra to add again. So hopefully, ill have more than one update this month!

Sorry for the long post, what a load of babble!!:rotfl:
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 30 January 2016 at 8:57AM
    Options
    Just dropping in to say:wave: , catch up on all the posts and congratulate all of you for the savings you are managing to make. It's inspiring:beer:

No savings to report from me but I didn't expect there to be;). Looks as if the £605 that I've managed to put in my £1000 EF that patman runs is going to take a mega-hit very soon too:eek:. I'm determined to leave the £300 I've put in Helen's thread where it is though.All the equipment I use/need/rely on has died on me at the same time. I'm happy to manage with the basics in life but that doesn't extend to beating clothes on a rock in the river or cooking over an open fire:rotfl:. That's an emergency to me so my £1000 pot will have to be used.

Hugs to everyone with poorly relatives (and the relatives too of course):grouphug:
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Sorry Helen me again I have put another £20 in this morning so I will update my totals again now x
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

WOW, what a lot of Updates....It's a pleasure to see so many people adding to their Emergency Funds....CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

I haven't got anything to add at the moment.....We'll see how the next Week goes.... :)

Munchin - YAY, well done for getting off the starting blocks....the only way is up from here!! I've Updated the First Page xXx :)

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page....keep it going hun....You're doing brilliantly!! xXx :)

lexbubbles - WOW, how well are you doing Missus??? Keep it going!! I've Updated the First Page for you.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - Awesome....Keep it going hun!! I've Updated the First Page... xXx :)

Brass_Triumphant - Well Done, you're doing AWESOME!! I've Updated the First Page xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page, you're doing amazing hun!! I like that you've got so many plans....I think it was Nietzche (spelling) who said "He who has a why to live for can live with any how"....which for me means that even when my Life is a bit rotten, if I have something to aim for, something that will give me pleasure then it helps me to carry on with my current situation....if that makes sense xXx :)

carbootcrazy - How are you doing hun? I'm so sorry to hear that your equipment has gone wrong.....hopefully you can get it fixed soon..... xXx :)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry i havent posted for a while.

Savings are on hold, as i am (hopefully!) moving house in a month! So saving anything i can for that, so that i don't get any further into debt.

But once i have moved, I'll be on a mission to clear the CCs and then my emergency fund :)
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    WantToBeSE .... Don't worry hun.....It's always good to have you here when you can.... xXx :)
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Laptop charger finally gave up the ghost after hanging on by a (literal) thread for about a year so I'm down £60.86 :(

£1342.17 / 4600
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport