[THREAD CLOSED - SEE PART 2] Anything & Everything New York

Options

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    to be honest.. if i were in NY at NYE, i'd be in a bar, watching it on screen... i'd probably get a great atmosphere, be able to have a beer, and go to the TOILET, as much as i wanted..

times square (and people know my hatred of it, because there ain't anything there apart from the flashing lights), is like cattle rammed into a pen, and left there til midnight...

just think.. cold, no loo, no booze, can't move, for 9 hours, just to watch a ball drop.. i think i have the better idea!!!

M
  • curly_B
    curly_B Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    yes but she is 18 and nowhere will take them lol

1st time in Newyork, great experience with that atmosphere me thinks!
    I was reading a few places have had to cancel there do's because few people were buying tickets with cutting back:eek:
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • The_Grateful_Ghoul
    Options
    Just booked the Affinia in Feb at the current crazy price, thanks to the inspiration that is MarkyMoo. Huge thanks for all your help as always.

Now I'm off to page 68 of the MSE New York Guide to continue my research for the big trip, I hope to get to the end before I go :rotfl:
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Grrr I need to start packing.
    I need to take some sewing and craft stuff over for costumes, random question but I could really do with taking my glue gun, will they let me? Maybe if I call it a glue aplicator rather than gun?!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    but, as i'm now staying midtown east, it is a shorter journey in the taxi from JFK/LGA, than it is from EWR..
    You mean you are NOT staying at the Cosmo? I didn't think there WAS anywhere else to stay ... :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Sue, how funny, I was just thinking I need to go and copy and paste your New York iteniry, came on and there you are!:p
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    On searching it seems it was LouBlue that did one, for some reason I had it down that you had too? I shall continue searching!
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you pack your glue gun in your hold luggage, there shouldn't be any issues...
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Cool will give it a shot. I can hardly cause much trouble with it! Yes, I am going to hold up the plane and cause terror in the sky by sticking people together.:eek:
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On searching it seems it was LouBlue that did one, for some reason I had it down that you had too? I shall continue searching!
    My itinerary was quite short because we were only there for a few days, and it wasn't terribly well organised, more 'this sounds like a good idea'. But I did give a few tips back in August!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport