We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[THREAD CLOSED - SEE PART 2] Anything & Everything New York

Options

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    don't drink.. well that will save you a ton of money...

as for tiffanys.. head to the silver floor and you can find affordable stuff there... i own a tiffanys ring myself, though bought at the vegas store, when i won a few hundred on the slots one night.. :D

M
  • sodamnfunky
    sodamnfunky Posts: 12,303 Forumite
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    don't drink.. well that will save you a ton of money...

as for tiffanys.. head to the silver floor and you can find affordable stuff there... i own a tiffanys ring myself, though bought at the vegas store, when i won a few hundred on the slots one night.. :D

M

That where we will be heading. She has 2 bracelets and a ring from Tiffanys. I would also like something too
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Gah im off in 2 weeks, Mark I wont be there in March unfortunately!
    Will be performing most nights but I intend on going to a damn good steak restaurant on the nights im not doing a show!:j
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aaah.. if you want a damn good steak restaurant, you should go to Keens Steakhouse

i went there last year, and it really is out of this world!!! bluddy amazing i have to say...

M
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs Phatbear still swears by bluesmoke for an earth shattering steak.

Anyway just looking for a little trip at the end of aug for us all, real kick in the bum how the dollar is at the mo though, anyone got any idea when it will get better, thats a joke by the by.

Quick update just booked our trip so roll on the end of Aug for the 3rd trip to NY NY woooo hooooooooo!!!!!!!

all the best

the bear
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    aaah.. if you want a damn good steak restaurant, you should go to Keens Steakhouse

i went there last year, and it really is out of this world!!! bluddy amazing i have to say...

M

Haha I remember reading about one the first time I came across this thread and did a search for it, found your's and phat bear's comparisons.

I might just have to do both....:T in the name of research, obviously.
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bluesmoke is better for ribs than steak IMO... but it is a slightly more relaxed environment..

i'm kinda weird though, regardless how good a meal is, i'll never go back to the same restaurant twice. That doesn't apply if i'm propping up the bar and have a snack there, but a restaurant, no.. i go once, and if i love it great..

my mad reasoning is that i went back once to a place, and it had gone downhill (and now closed), so i'll stick to my, 1 restaurant, 1 visit rule, and i won't get disappointed..

M
  • wept
    wept Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    bluesmoke is better for ribs than steak IMO... but it is a slightly more relaxed environment..

i'm kinda weird though, regardless how good a meal is, i'll never go back to the same restaurant twice. That doesn't apply if i'm propping up the bar and have a snack there, but a restaurant, no.. i go once, and if i love it great..

my mad reasoning is that i went back once to a place, and it had gone downhill (and now closed), so i'll stick to my, 1 restaurant, 1 visit rule, and i won't get disappointed..

M

I know exactly what you mean but it was a special anniversary this year and 10 years since I last went but The View was probably even better than the last time I went. I know you are really paying for the view but I can recommend it.
    Thanks for all the tips on here - we found breakfast at the deli near the Cosmo brilliant and saved loads rather than eating out all the time.
    Although we did enjoy The Soda Shop every couple of days for a change - great blueberry pancakes.
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i'm glad someone else goes to morgans deli, i just find it cheaper, and more relaxing to grab a breakfast, and just eat it in my hotel room, with the news on the tv, and flicking through the free copy of the new york post (trash paper i know), before heading out anywhere..

ooh.. i'm so glad i've decided to head back to NYC, i can't bluddy wait!

M
  • curly_B
    curly_B Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know of a live webcam that does a close up of The Rockerfeller Ice rink? I have searched and can find one set above the tree but the people are very small. My daughter is ice skating there later tonight and we would love to see her.
    Also is there anywhere that sells official I Love New York merchandise? I know it will be all over the place there but wondered if there was an official shop with more choice?I have looked all over the forum for the answers before posting so I'm sorry If I have missed it :o
    :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family